Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

To Sleep

Once out of sight I fall against the wall and slide down to the floor. Everything aches. My eyes droop closed and I find that there is no reason for me to ever move from this spot again. To be able to vanish would be nice.
“Lillian?” a voice asks quietly.
I refuse to respond.
“Are you okay?”
“Just super,” I respond finally as I raise my eyes up to meet Blake’s, “See ya”
Blake doesn’t move away and I’m unable to walk away myself. This being weak thing is ridiculous. He takes a seat beside me.
“You don’t look super” he tells me.
“I’ll keep that in mind” I tell him sarcastically.
“That was one hell of a punch you landed on Christian last night from what I’ve heard” Blake says ignoring my last statement.
I slump against the wall letting my eyes fall shut again. A feeling of dread comes over me as I expect Blake to insult or assault me.
“It must be the first time in nearly two years that anyone has dared do anything even close to throwing a punch at him.”
“Guess I’m just special” I mumble.
“Extremely, from what I hear,” Blake agrees.
“Look, I’m really not up to talking right now,” I tell him lifting my head and opening my eyes, “please just say what you have to say then leave me in peace.”
“Can’t do that”
“Why?”
“You know that Brad kid you’ve been having almost war with? Well he’s sitting within sight and was heading over towards you to finish off his revenge until I showed up. If I move, you get the shit kicked out of you which then leads to a pissed off Zach which leads to heaps of arguments within the group.”
I just stare at Blake for a long moment.
“Why would Zach be pissed off?” I finally ask but my voice is a mere whisper as my head droops on my shoulders.
“Because it’s rude to talk about people behind their backs” Zach’s voice suddenly carries out forcing Blake and I to look up at him.
“Sorry mate, was just looking after to her for you” Blake says in a dismissive tone as he stands.
“No worries, the bell’s about to go soon anyway” Zach tells him then we watch in silence as Blake walks off.
Zach scoops me up off the ground and into his arms. I’m too exhausted to argue or resist.
“I think I should take you to my place to get some rest.” Zach tells me before we walked off and out a side gate of the school property.
Zach’s forced to sit me on the grass for a moment to shed his shirt and asks me to hold it. His muscles coil powerfully as he once again lifts me, seemingly effortlessly, from the ground. He takes to the skies with me without hesitation despite the fact it is broad daylight. I don’t say a word and neither does he. Slowly I feel small sparks of energy returning but I’m too sleep deprived and injured to recover as quickly as I did last time Christian stole energy from me. Zach’s landing is smooth and graceful; I don’t even know we’ve reached his house until he’s unlocking the front door.
“Won’t your parents be mad you skipped school?” I ask.
“They’re both at work and I won’t tell them if you don’t” he gives me a grin as he kicks the door shut.
Zach carries me up a set of stairs to the second floor of his home. It isn’t much longer at all until I’m lying on his bed as he sits at the foot of it.
“Are you hungry or thirsty?” he asks me.
I shake my head trying to force my eyes to stay open.
“Well just nap, it’ll help replenish your energy.”
I’m asleep before he finishes talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a slightly edited version of the previously submitted 25th chapter.

Thank you all for your support and I shall begin writing new material for this story.