Status: I'm back baby!

Fly Away With Me

Pecked By A Radioactive Bird

My next three classes passed in a blur as my thoughts stole the spotlight from the teachers. How had Zach convinced me to meet then join his group? Why do they look to Christian as the leader? Why do a bunch of high school students think they can protect themselves? If they are what they say they are, then we are all in a colossal amount of danger. We shouldn’t be together in groups. That is too easy to pick off. One “tragic” party and we are all gone. The bell finally rings meaning I have an hour of freedom from the classrooms. I gather my books and nearly escape the Social Science room.
“Lilly?” the teacher calls from behind me.
I sigh frustrated and annoyed then turn to face her with a fake smile.
“Do you mean Lillian?” I ask with an underlying bitchy tone.
“Of course, I just wanted to ask you if something was wrong” the teacher tells me.
I can see sympathy in her eyes and sorrow. She must know about what happened. I barely contain a groan. Why can I never bury my past? Am I destined to be dogged by it my whole life?
“I’m fine” I say then leave.
That may have been rude but I don’t care. If I had wanted help I would ask. Actually, there isn’t much chance I would ask for help because I am too proud but that isn’t the point.

“Hey Lillian” Lucien says as he waits at my locker.
“How did you find out where my locker is?” I ask icily.
He is taken back by my change of moods. I was happy the last time he spoke to me but that was before I discovered Zach had tricked me. They must be using me for something. Everyone in this world has their own agendas.
“I just asked around and people pointed me in the direction” Lucien explains “It’s hard to miss the locker with wings”
He points to the sticker Christian had left on my locker. I growl softly under breath not caring if it damages my vocal cords. Quickly I scratch the wings off.
“Sorry, but I deserve answers” Lucien says.
“I know” I snap at him before opening my locker.
My books tumble as I throw them in then I slam my locker shut twice. The lock secures the door and I stand up. I wish I had a top locker, I could have stormed of dramatically. I’ve run away from my problems too many, it’s time I deal with them. I will talk to Lucien then play along with Christian and his group until I know what they are really after.

I sit with Lucien in the spot by the building across the stretch of lawn. This spot shall be officially called Awkward Wall.
“Ask away” I prompt as my eyes scan through the students walking along the path.
“Did last night happen?” Lucien asks
“You tell me” I reply without looking at him.
Where is Christian and the rest?
“How long have you had those…. Things?” Lucien asks avoiding the word wings, “Is it like Spiderman? Did a radioactive bird peck you?”
“Since I was born, it‘s an inherited trait” I reply ignoring his attempt at being funny.
“Wow, Lillian” Lucien asks exasperated “you should really stop being so chatty, I can barely get a word in”
Finally I face him.
“I am upholding my end of the bargain but only for the next five minutes”
“Fine, does your family know”
“They knew, they were the same”
“Knew? Were? Where are they now?” He asks confused.
“Gone, in a better place” I say turning my face away just in case a sneaky tear betrays me.
Lucien goes quiet. Down the path I see the blinding beacon that is Holley’s hair.
“Is that all?” I ask as I watch the group move up the path.
“For now, thank you” Lucien says.
I stand up and say good bye. Time to find out some answers from Zach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello.
Wow this chapters are short but coming to me quickly.
Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting.
Just to refresh. Check out It Brought Me To You which is written by the lovely crazysabby

Lurking_shadow