Status: Completed

Let Me Count the Ways I Fell in Love With You

The smiles after the fears

10 Years Later.
Shane Owen parked his car by the side of the road, in front of his house. The Californian breeze blew lightly onto his hair, caressing his cheeks as he got out of the car. He glanced at his house and grinned.
As he walked onto the gravelled pavement, he heard the familiar feminine voice calling out to him. He glanced up and saw a flash of long and wavy, auburn hair coming at him before feeling the impact of her body against him.

“Hey Sugar!” He laughed.

She pulled back and grinned up at him.

“Hey, you!”

They gave each other quick peck before pulling back. Shane stared at her beautiful face, her light-grey eyes twinkled under the sun. Yes, his wife; the wife whom he had come to love 10 years ago. Yes, her. Tania Audrey Owen(Evans). He pulled a strand of hair away from her beautiful face.

That day, 10 years ago, when Doctor Angelico had came out of the door, Shane’s heart had almost stopped when he was told that Tania was in critical condition. The only news that soothed him was that she was still alive. And that was the only thing that mattered: That she was alive.
After 2 months in critical condition, the doctor moved her to the normal ward and declared her under normal condition. They had to wait for another 4 months before she finally woke up. Thank god.
And all the while, Shane stayed by her side.

Shane snapped back to the present when Tania gave him a kiss on his mouth. She grinned sheepishly, took his hand and led the way up their house. After graduating from Harvard, Shane continued working under meds and moved to California with Tania and her family and his mother.

“Did you know? Tyler told us that we should get ‘rockin’. He said he wanted a niece before he died. He was being really dramatic about it. He’s acting like he’s having brain cancer!”

Tania complained.

“What? That little rascal! He’s only 17 and he’s talking like his 71! Who thought him all those words?!”
“Uhh… You?” Tania teased as she opened the door.
“Oh…”

And with that, they went inside the house.
Their 'forever and always'.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm done. Long, but... I hope it's meaningful. Comments and suggestions are much... Liked .? =D