Status: Completed

Let Me Count the Ways I Fell in Love With You

How to make an idiot wait.

Tania’s eyes fluttered open as she took in her surroundings. She was in her bedroom and it was – she turned her head towards the alarm clock – 6:00AM. She groaned as she tried to remembered what happened after Shane carried her. She hoped she hadn’t said or did anything embarrassing while he was carrying her. Then, she remembered the concern Shane had showed her.
Maybe, Shane was not such a jerk after all?
Oh...

Tania slept for awhile more before being woken up by her father at 7:30.
“How are you feeling Tania?” He whispered softly. “I could sign a letter to your school if you’re not feeling well,” He asked, concern in his eyes.
“I’m fine, dad. I’ll survive,” She replied as she got out of bed.

Really, she felt fine. She hoped…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After getting ready in a record time of 10 minutes, she hurriedly got out of her house and froze when she saw the same Forde parked in front of her house. She looked at it curiously and approached it. Looking through the window, she saw Shane staring out of the window at god-knows-what. She tapped the door to get Shane’s attention. When he finally turned, she mouthed, “Why are you here?”
The window rolled down and Shane looked at her. “I’m sending you to school. Mother gave me back my car keys yesterday night. She told me to send and fetch you from school as of today. I have no idea why but, somehow, she’s got this mind controlling thingy over me and I always end up listening to her,” He paused. “So, are you going to keep standing there or what?”

She fumbled with the door’s handle and got in, still confused with the situation she was in.

“Hey… You okay?” He suddenly asked.
“Yeah… I’m fine. And thank you… for bri- carrying me home.”
“Yeah… It’s fine,” He hesitated, looked at her before continuing, “Were you really that tired? Do you have… A weak body or something?”

She looked at him. He is astute. She nodded. It was safer than actually speaking. She didn’t want anyone, especially him to know… No, not now. Perhaps, when she is ready.

Shane nodded even though she knew he was not convinced. Nonetheless, he started up the car. As he backed back into the road, he switched on the radio and the starting to song ‘Crazier’ by Taylor Swift came on. Tania perked up and got ready to slap Shane’s hand again if he tried to change the channel. Fortunately, he did not. Instead, he kept glancing between her and the road.
She relaxed back against the leather and started singing along with the song.

I'd never gone with the wind
just let it flow
let it take me where it wants to go
till you open the door
there's so much more
I'd never seen it before
I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings
but you came along and you changed everything
you lift my feet off the ground
you spin me around
you make me crazier, crazier
feels like I'm falling and I
I'm lost in your eyes
you make me crazier, crazier, crazier
I watched from a distance as you
made life your own
every sky was your own kind of blue
and I wanted to know
how that would feel
and you made it so real
you showed me something that i couldn't see
you opened my eyes and you made me believe
you lift my feet off the ground
you spin me around
you make me crazier, crazier
feels like I'm falling and I
I'm lost in your eyes
you make me crazier, crazier, crazier
baby you showed me what living is for
I don't want to hide anymore
you lift my feet off the ground
you spin me around
you make me crazier, crazier
feels like I'm falling and I
I'm lost in your eyes
you make me crazier, crazier, crazier

Shane parked his car and glanced at Tania. She looked peaceful, with her eyes closed. She looked… beautiful. Shane jerked at the thought.

“No… No,No,No,No,No,NO!” His mind screamed.

In a huff, he got out of his car and slammed the door. Tania’s eyes shot open in alarm. When she realised that Shane was not in the car anymore, she fumbled with the car’s handle and got out clumsily.

“What is up with me and being clumsy lately?” She chided herself

She looked over at Shane and saw – yet again – that he was staring intensely at her.

“Ok, what is it with him and’ staring intensely at me’. For the love of cheesecake, stop staring!!” She mentally scolded him.

“Ok… Meet you up… Later. After school… Same spot.” She frowned. She was starting to sound like a retard.

“Stop! Tania! Omg… Even in my mind I’m starting to. Sound like an. Idiot .! What am I doing?! Wait, what am I say-”

“Tania! Are you okay? You keep changing your expressions and frankly…” He hesitated, “It’s freaking me out…” He gave her a funny look.
“Right sorry well see you later after school then,” She gushed before rushing towards her homeroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school that day, Shane sat waiting at the same spot the day before. He took out his Trigo homework and was about to start his long awaiting journey towards the dark abyss of Trigo when Louis approached, a look of worry clouding his eyebrow.

“Yo man…” He started, “Where have you been man? You’re not hanging out with us like you used to man… What’s up? Then, yesterday, you were talking to the new kid,”
“Nothing man… Just my mother. She’s going crazy bout my results and all,” Shane said as he shielded his eyes from the glare of the sun behind Louis.
“So, Like what? You’re hanging out with the new nerd now?” Darren came up to them, sarcasm oozed in his voice.

He turned towards Darren’s voice and saw an enraged Esther and an expressionless Allie.

“Great…” He thought solemnly.

“Look, guys, I don’t know what to say man… It’s been crazy la-,”
“It’s always been crazy with you! Then, after that, you’ll say sorry. Dude, it got worst after the new kid came, man! You even defended her that other day. You’ve changed and you don’t even know it,” Louis added and frowned.
“I have not changed,” Shane protested. He took a deep breath and continued, “Whatever it is guys… I really am sorry. I’ve been busy. Maybe after the exams.”
“Since when have you bothered about the exams? Did that bitch brainwash you?” Esther spoke up and snickered at him.

Shane gritted his teeth, trying the gain the control he never had.

Slowly, he said, “Do not call her that!”
“Stop defending her! She’s not even your friend!” Allie whined.
“Ok… What’s going on here?” A familiar voice said.

Everyone turned and saw Tania standing casually behind them. She raised an eyebrow and gave each of Shane’s friends a quick glance before turning towards him with questioning eyes.

“Tania…” He trailed off, unsure what to say next.
“Well! Speak of the devil!” Esther looked at her in disgust.

If he could just… strangle her, he would. Unfortunately, she was a woman and knowing that it would disappoint his mother, he decided to put off the thought.

“Could that devil perhaps be… me?” Tania spoke. She blinked a few times at Esther, her face expressionless.
Darren turned towards Shane and gave him a mocking smirk. “Dude! She’s a dork! And she’s ignorant bout what people are talking bout her man! What is up with that?!”
“Talk about being lame…” Tania trailed off and took a step towards Danny. “Do you know that idiots tend to make cold jokes about other people to cover up the fact that they have an inferiority-complex? That’s one of the reason why I hate idiots; they’re cowards,” She took another step towards him. “And do you know what I do to idiots like you?” she took another step and was only a mere 6 inches from him. He flinched. “I’d make sure their life is a living hell then I’d…” She smiled evilly, “I’d rather you experience it yourself. Just be prepared…”

Darren took a step back, then, realised what he had done, regained back his posture.
“I’ll take that as a challenge baby girl. I’ll be waiting,” He whispered with menace.

And with that, he stalked off with his 3 other friends tagging behind.
Shane stood up. Tania turned towards him, her face serious.

“Tania… About what they said…”

She plopped herself down beside him and stared off into the distance for a few seconds before turning towards him. Her eyes twinkled, but her expression stayed the same. She looked down at his homework.

“Was this the one Mr. Robertson gave last week?” She asked, her voice strained.
“Yeah… Hey, are you okay? You look… I don’t know. Weird?”
“Yeah. Can we start?” Tania said and looked away. She gave a small shudder before turning back to him.
“Hey! Are you really okay? You’re…” he took a sit and continued, “kinda acti-”
“Hey Shane,” she interrupted. “Do you know how to make an idiot wait?”
“Excuse me?”
She looked into Shane’s light-brown eyes and smiled. A genuine smile. “I’ve just made one wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
--takes in a deeeeeeeeeep breath--.. Wow, that's real deep. Anyway, I'm doing another story right now... I might post a sneak peek of it on my journal (I have not even posted on my journal before!). Can you guys like, comment and tell me what you guys think? Please. =DD.