The Crown of Pearls

Love or Power. Happiness or Glory. Choose now, before there are no choices left.

Mara is a fourteen year old girl living in the small town of Guinevere, Canada with her mother and older brother. When an accident occurred two weeks after her birthday, she found herself awakening from a coma three days after. Her beliefs are put to test when she is told that she has powers by a mysterious boy. As proof, she is shown that she has a triangle-shaped birthmark on her palm like him, which she never had before.

She must fly from Canada to the mystical country of Cyrena in Europe and face the harsh world she never knew. Friends and foes are not what they seem. Love will arrive in unexpected packages, but can Mara keep it? Can she even make it alive?
  1. Prologue
    It was a full moon . . . when magic is at its strongest.
  2. Chapter 1 : Mara
    What could happen that would change Mara's life forever?
  3. Chapter 2 : Cliff
    What would you choose : Life or Death?
  4. Chapter 3 : Family
    How much are you willing to sacrifice for your family?
  5. Chapter 4 : Ezra
    Who is Ezra FitzGerald?
  6. Chapter 5 : Light
    You're lucky . . . Not everyone gets a second chance.
  7. Chapter 6 : Open
    Its a blessing to find yourself waking up to a new day everyday.
  8. Chapter 7 : A Fairy Tale
    It all started with a "Once Upon a Time".
  9. Chapter 8 : Choices
    Life is made out of choices.