Status: Updating once a week.

Our Secret Relationship

Chapter 5

After your love with Orlando, you couldn’t really sleep. You stayed awake the whole night, listening to Orlando sleeping and starring out of the window. When you saw the clock at 4:00am, you got ready in your everyday clothes, got your stuff and took a cab to go to the airport. . . . ..

You woke up at 9:00am, founding the bed empty. Olivia was gone. A letter lying on the table in the middle of the room caught your eye. You got off the bed and before you pick the letter up from the table and read it, you noticed that the room was empty. . .

Dear Orlando,
Yesterday night ended up to be a very special night for both of us, you made it different and special as I asked you, I hope you wanted it too and you liked it as much as I did. I don’t know if I have to say unfortunately or fortunately that it happened but whatever you choose, I don’t and won’t regret what happened between us yesterday night and the past two weeks in Paris. But everything that happened must be forgotten. Our friendship can’t continue because it’s going to be harder for me and you. Maybe you can’t understand it at the moment but you will understand it one day. Please don’t try to contact with me. You know it’s very hard for me.
Don’t ask for reasons; just let only me to know them. I really wish things would have happened different but they didn’t. . .
I am sorry. . .
Olivia

P .S: I’ll miss you . . . . . . . .

Your face fell more as your read the last line of her letter. The letter fell down on the table from your hands and you sat down on the chair. You didn’t know what to do at the moment but you knew that you had to start from one important step. Go quickly back to L.A. . .

The next day at work you were very silent. Sebastian congratulated you for your good work when he called you to go to his office. . .
“U- Mr. Sebastian, I was wondering if you can give me some days off.”
“S- sure after your extremely amazing work, you can take as many days as you want off.”
“U- can I take two weeks off?”
“S- oh that’s kind of a lot, is there any reason?”
“U- no, actually yes”
“S- oh I understand it’s personal” you nodded
“U- I am sorry, I know I should not involve my personal life with my work but I couldn’t help it, it just happened”
“S- is he someone from work?”
“U- no no, of course not”
“S- okay, then you can take two weeks off, just don’t get in depression and try to get back to the old Olivia we all know”
“U- I’ll do my best sir, thank you”
You left his office with a smile and as soon as you got home, you closed all your curtains in your room and laid on your bed falling in a deep sleep. For 3 days you weren’t doing anything. You weren’t getting off bed, you weren’t answering to the phones and you weren’t eating. It was 3pm(15:00) when you felt someone shaking you. You opened your eyes and it was your friend Emma. Gaby was there too, sitting on the other side of the bed looking at you. . .
“E- what happened?”
“U- please close these curtains again and go away” you put your face in your pillow and they didn’t do anything. . .
“G- you know that we won’t go away, we can’t leave you like this”
“E- you are one step before depression”
“U- don’t be afraid to say that I am depressed”
“G- honey you are not depressed you are just having a bad time, it’s okay, it happens to everyone”
“U- no what is happening to me it’s different”
“E- will you tell us?”
They sat around you and they listened to you. . .
“U- and after our really special love night, I left him a letter saying sorry and I left” tears were running like crazy. . ..
“E- but why did you leave him? if you really have feelings for him, then why don’t you go steady with him?”
“U- you know that I can’t”
“G- why?”
“U- first his cousin is my boss”
“E- and?”
“U- he could fire me for this”
“G- now you are being stupid, Sebastian could never do this”
“U- okay maybe but still all the media and stuff, I just can’t”
“E- oh your parents?”
“U- yes, they want me to get a politician”
“G- but why don’t you tell them that this is the man you like and want”
“U- they will never accept him, and the media will go crazy with me again. Maybe Orlando doesn’t care about them but you both know what happened 5 years ago”
The media was writing crazy stories for you and your ex, who was a singer; because you were doing really crazy things and you were making out everywhere. So that year your dad’s reputation went really down because of this. So they told you that you can’t date an actor or a singer or anyone else just someone politician because they want you to get someone like them.
“E- but the guys they want you to get are nerds”
“U- I really don’t have a choice, don’t forget what have they done for me until now, I can’t just do this to them after everything they have given me”
“G- yes I agree that you need to respect their wish for everything that have done to you but think that if they really love you, they will accept what you really want
“U- no no, I can’t, my dad will get so angry, you know how strict he is about it, he’ll never talk to me again he’ll make my life a nightmare”
“E- but he is your dad, he can’t do this to you”
“U- why are you still arguing with me about it, you know that it’s not possible, you know that he can do anything to me, take everything away from me plus make Orlando’s life harder”
“G- okay girl calm down, it’s your life, you choose”
“E- yes but we will not leave you here to get depressed, stand up we will go for shopping.
“U- no, I don’t want to, I want to sleep again”
“G- you are sleeping 3 days in a row”
“U- fine”
You went for shopping and then you went to eat some dinner. You phone suddenly started to ring and it was Dom. . .
“U- should I pick it up?”
“G- yes, because if you don’t answer it now he will call you again and you will need to answer sometime”
***ON THE PHONE***
“U- hello?”
“D- hi Olivia, it’s Dom”
“U- yea I know”
“D- I am sorry if I am interrupting from something but I haven’t heard from Orlando lately, do you have any news or anything from him?”
From Dom’s words, you got really worried about Orlando. . .
“U- what do you mean?”
“D- I am trying to call him but he doesn’t answer and he is probably at home but he won’t answer the door”
“U- now you are really freaking me out, don’t you have any keys of his house?”
“D- Lij does”
“U- okay then, can you be outside of his house in 15 minutes?”
“D- yea okay”
***END OF PHONE CALL***
“U- girls I need to go”
“G- will you be alright if you go alone?”
“U- yes don’t worry, bye and thanks”
You drove to Orlando’s house as quickly as you could. You found there Dom and Lij waiting and they told you that Billy will be there in 10 minutes. . ..
“U- should we wait for Billy to come first or just go inside”
“D- well Billy is here”
You turned and saw Billy coming. ..
“U- come on let’s go”
“B- you look very worried”
“U- yes of course I am worried, aren’t you?”
“B- we are”
“U- then don’t ask me if I am worried or not”
You walked in the house and everything was dark, so silent. It looked like someone had to walk in for ages. . .
“L- looks like no one is here”
“U- why don’t you go upstairs to check in his room, Dom?”
Dom walked upstairs and after 5 minutes he came back. . .
“D- he is in his room, he seems like he is in there for ages, he hasn’t eat for days and his room is so dark and he doesn’t talk to me”
“U- why don’t you give a try, Billy?”
Billy came back 5 minutes later and Orlando didn’t talk to him either. Then Lij tried and the results were the same. . .
“D- why don’t you go?”
“U- no no, that’s a very bad idea”
“L- bad or not, we don’t have any other options”
After 3 minutes of thinking, to go upstairs or not, you finally went. You opened his door slowly and then closed it again. The room got darker. The only light inside that room was the little sun which was coming in through the window shutters. You saw Orlando in his bed. You could see only his back. You walked to the other side and sat down. He opened his eyes and his face lightened up a bit. . .
“U- why are you doing this to yourself?”
He didn’t even have any strength to sit up.
“O- why did you come? You were the one who said not to meet again”
“U- Dom told me that you weren’t answering to the phones and you weren’t opening your door so I got worried”
“O- I am sorry”
“U- don’t be I am the one who should say sorry”
There was 3 minutes of silence and then Orlando asked you something which you wished to it never had been asked.. .
“O- why did you leave like this?”
“U- Orlando please, you know it’s hard for me” you turned your back to him . ..
“O- but I like you, and after what happened I can’t be without you, I feel empty” he said quietly and he put his hand on top of yours and held it. . .
“U- I can’t date you Orlando, I want it so badly, I want you since that day in your cousin’s office but I didn’t know that I liked you since then, I realized it at Paris when we came closer and oh god that night, it was just perfect, it felt like it was my first time and you were taking my virginity, you made it different, and my feelings for you made it different”
You had stood up and walking up and down in the room and when you finished your sentence you went back next to him and rubbed his cheek. .
“U- but I can’t date you”
“O- why? Tell me the reason, you can’t just say no and leave without any explanation”
“U- I can’t, I want to but I can’t”
“O- why?”
“U- Orlando, please try to understand”
“O- I want to but I can’t if I don’t have an explanation”
“U- oh god fine, I’ll tell you”
You sat down and told him everything, about your ex, your parents. You told him that you parents won’t accept him and they can make his and your life a night mare because they want you to get someone like them. Until you finished saying everything Orlando had sat up. . .
“O- but they can’t do this to you, I mean come on we are in the 21st century”
“U- you say this because you don’t know them”
Orlando looked down and you sat next to him and rubbed his cheek. . .
“U- do you understand now why I can’t date you? Even if I want it so badly I just can’t”
“O- I – I really don’t know what to say”
“U- I could just say that I don’t care about what they say but my sister already tried it and now she is living with me”
“O- but when I was coming at your house you were alone”
“U- that’s my sister’s house, actually the one what her boyfriend bought for her but she still stays with me in my house which she prefers more because it’s much bigger”
“O- where are you really living?”
“U- come go take a shower, I will go downstairs to cook you something and then we will go to my real house and maybe meet my sister”. . . . . .