Summer Love

XI

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing on my side table. I groaned and my hand kept slapping against the wood top as I tried finding my phone. I finally found it and brought it closer to my face to see who called or texted me. The screen showed that I had a message and I flipped it open.

Good morning, Sunshine! =] xoxo Matt

I chuckled and sent him a quick reply and shut back my phone. I yawned and threw the covers off of me. I stumbled out of my room and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and ran a comb through my hair so I could look presentable. The smell of bacon and scrambled eggs floated up my nose as I walked downstairs to the kitchen where I heard everyone talking and laughing.

"Well, look whose finally up," mom greeted from the table.

"Good morning," I answered and grabbed a plate. I filled the plate withscrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage and poured myself a glass of milk. I sat down at the table next to Taylor and started eating.

"So, what are you kids planning on doing today?" dad asked from behind his newspaper.

"I don't know, what did you want to do?" I asked Taylor.

"How about we go to the beach? I haven't been surfing since last summer," he suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea, I don't know how to surf though,"

"I'll teach you," he grinned.

"Alright, let me call the gang and see if they want to come also,"

Taylor's facial expression fell but I brushed it off.

"I thought it was just going to be us today," he said.

"Of course not, I'm not the most exciting person you know. Besides you can make some new friends out here," I shrugged and walked out the kitchen.

xxx

I pulled up to the boardwalk and parked a few cars away from Matt's car. I grabbed my beach bag and got out along with Taylor and Max.

"There's a shop over there where you can rent a surf board," I told Taylor and pointed to a surf shack a little ways down the boardwalk.

"Okay, I'll be back in a bit," he said and walked towards the shop.

When he was out of earshot Max turned to me with an annoyed expression.

"What?" I asked while walking through the sand to where Matt and everyone else were.

"Get rid of him, fast," Max said.

"Who? Matt?"

"No," he sighed. "Taylor,"

"What? Why?" I stopped walking.

"He's irritating the shit out of me," he resumed walking.

"Really?" I chuckled.

"Yes! All he does is talk about how he doesn't trust Matt," he rolled his eyes.

"He said that?" I asked.

"Yeah, only because he was jealous that you blew him off for Matt last night. If he finds out that you're dating him then he'll go ape shit," he said.

"Wait, how do you know about that?"

"A little bird told me," he smirked.

I would've pressed the subject further, but we reached the group. Matt stood up with a smile on his face and wrapped me in a hug.

"Hey Janice," he teasingly said in my ear.

"Hey Matthew," I laughed.

He kissed me on the lips and pulled me down on his towel. I sat between his legs and smiled at the girls.

"Where's Taylor?" Jimmy asked.

"Getting a surfboard from that little shack down the boardwalk," I said while digging my sun tan lotion out of my bag.

"If I knew he could surf I would've brought my board with me too," Brian said.

"Go rent one too. He's mainly getting it so he could teach me," I shrugged and started putting lotion on my face and arms.

"You need help?" Matt asked while he ran his fingers up and down my spine.

"Yeah," I replied and handed him the bottle.

He squirted some on his hands and started rubbing the lotion on my back. I sighed in content as Matt massaged my back too and was enjoying it too much to notice Matt untying my bikini top.

"Matt!" I screamed as my top almost fell all the way down. "You asshole!" I slapped his arm, but it had absolutely no affect on him whatsoever because he kept laughing.

The guys kept laughing and so did the girls. I tied back my top and snatched the bottle of lotion away from Matt.

"Hey!" he whined. "Give that back, I need some,"

"Oh well, now you're going to fry like a piece of bacon," I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. I started putting the sunscreen on my legs but had to stop because I still had my shorts on. I took off my flip flops and started unbuttoning my shorts until Matt climbed on top of me.

"I'll help you with those," he smirked.

"Matt, get off," I laughed as he started pulling my shorts down.

"No," he chuckled.

"I bellieve she told you to get off," someone said. Matt sat up and I saw Taylor standing there with a board in his hand and a glare on his face.

"Calm down man, I'm just messing with my girlfriend. Is that okay with you?" Matt asked.

Taylor's glare didn't falter and his briefly looked at me before putting on a fake smile. "Sorry, I'm just a bit over protective of J.D," he shrugged and walked down the beach with his board in hand.

"You think he'll get eaten by a shark today?" Max asked from beside me.

"Shut up, Max," I scolded and threw my slipper at him. I took my shorts off and finished putting the sunscreen on my thighs.

"Are you girls coming in the water?" Zack asked.

"No, I think we'll just lie here and get a tan," Raychel answered and put her sunglasses on and rolled over on her stomach.

"That's impossible for Angelica to do," Brian snickered.

"You're not getting any this week," Angelica said without even looking up from her magazine.

"Aw, babe, I was just kidding," he said and fell to his knees right next to her.

The guys laughed at him and went swimming. Brian finally left, leaving just us girls to lay in the sun and gossip.

"So, you and Matt," Lynn wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I hid my blushing face in Matt's bundled up shirt that I was using for a pillow. The girls cooed and I hid my face some more.

"Since when is he your boyfriend?" Sarah asked from above me.

"Since last night," I turned my head to look at her.

"Was it romantic?" Nayja asked.

"I guess, he asked me what my real name was and when I asked him why he wanted to know that, he said that he wanted to know my real name when he asked me out,"

"Aw, that's so sweet," Raychel broke the silence.

"Yeah, but be careful around Taylor. He gives meaner glares then those stuck up bitches at school," Angelica added.

"That's true, Ducky," Sarah said. "Taylor seems to like you a lot,"

"Great," I groaned.

"Don't worry, Matt has enough muscle to take him down," Nayja reassured me and patted my leg.

Just then Taylor came strolling up to us and planted his board in the sand. "You ready to learn how to surf?" he flashed me a smile.

"Sure," I shrugged and got up. "I'll be back soon," I told the girls..

"So, you excited?" he asked when we stepped in the water.

"Not really," I nervously said as I eyed up the big rough waves crashing and throwing other surfers off their boards.

"It'll be okay," he said. "Now, hop on the board,"

I nodded and hopped up to get on the board, but it flipped over and sent me in the ocean. I shrieked and Taylor pulled me up while laughing.

"Shut up," I slapped his arm and pushed my hair out of my face.

"You okay, babe?" Matt shouted.

"Yeah," I shouted back and managed to climb onto the board this time. "Now what?" I asked.

"Wait for a wave to come and then lie down on the board and paddle towards it,"

A few seconds passed before a wave came up.

"Alright, paddle," Taylor said.

I got down on the board and started paddling, but I wasn't going fast enough for Taylor liking so he put his hands on my upper thighs and pushed me forward. I felt uncomfortable with his hands so close to my butt, but I ignored it for now and stood up on the board like Taylor told me to.

I struggled to stand up on the board as the guys cheered me on. Unfortunately I didn't know what else to do and I ended up slipping off the board. I went crashing into the warm water and came back up. I coughed up some salt water and saw that I didn't really make it far.

"You alright," Taylor laughed and walked over to me with his board.

"That was so much fun!" I exclaimed with a huge smile on my face.

"It's even more fun when you actually stay on the board,"

"Oh be quiet," I pouted. "But that was good for my first time right?"

"I guess," he shrugged.

"Whatever," I answered.

He chuckled and placed a peck on my forehead like he used to do back home. When his back was turned I gagged and washed the kiss off my forehead. What I didn't see was Matt giving Taylor the most menacing look that would make any man cower in fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
J.D's swimsuit

Ooooo, bad Taylor! =P