Summer Love

IX

I bounced on the balls of my feet as my eyes scanned the crowd coming out of the airport. My blue eyes finally settled on a blond haired green eyed boy walking out of the glass doors and a big smile was slapped on my face. Taylor spotted me standing by my car and he came running towards me. When he reached me he dropped his bags and scooped me up in his long, lanky arms, spinning me around until I was dizzy.

"Oh my god, J.D!" he hollered once he put me back on the ground. "I missed you so much. Colorado is so boring without you," he dramatically sighed.

I chuckled and opened the trunk for him. "What happened to the girls?" I asked him as he flung his bag in the back and shut the trunk.

"They're so boring and made me go shopping with them the day after you left. I've never been so bored in my entire life," he rolled his bright green eyes and slid beside me in the passengers seat.

I laughed out loud and drove away from the curb. We made small talk on the way to my house, and the smile on my face never faltered once. I've been so busy with work and stressed out with my problems with Matt that I never realized how much I missed Taylor.

"Nice house," he commented once I pulled into my driveway.

"Thanks," I said and got out the car.

I heard my name being called and Taylor and I turned to see Brian waving us over.

"You have to come meet my new friend's, Taylor," I said and dragged him across the street. The closer I got, the more I could see who else was in the garage. "Hey guys," I smiled and waved.

"Hey, whose this?" Brian asked as he messed with the strings on his guitar.

"This is Taylor, he's the one who called the other day at your party," I explained. Brian nodded his head and I went on with introductions. "Taylor, this is Jimmy, Zack, Brian, and Matt,"

The guys sang a chorus of 'hey's' and they started talking to Taylor, which took a weight off my shoulders. The only available seat left was next to Matt on the old lumpy couch so I sucked in my pride and sat down next to him. I scooted my body as far away from him as possible and sat up straight with my head forward, facing Taylor.

"I don't bite you know," he said.

"What?" I asked without looking at him.

"I don't bite, I can tell that you're uncomfortable so just sit back on the couch," Matt suggested.

I sighed and cautiously scooted back on the couch and moved an inch closer to Matt.

"Better?"

I stiffly nodded and folded my arms, feeling uncomfortable next to Matt. I strained to keep my eyes forward, but my body betrayed me and I glanced at Matt. His hazel eyes met mine and he smiled, making that old familiar feeling of butterflies in my stomach come back. I couldn't help but smile back at him and shyly looked away.

"You look very nice today," Matt complimented me.

"Thanks, you look good too,"

"Why thank you," he chuckled. "It took me all morning to choose this outfit," he joked.

"Oh shut up," I chuckled and pushed his shoulder.

He laughed out loud and shoved me back lightly. We both calmed down and we stared at each other. Matt brushed my bangs out of my eyes and grinned at me.

"I'm sorry about how I've been acting these past few weeks," Matt apologized.

"And I'm sorry too for acting like a bitch," I sighed.

"You see, the reason why I stormed out the diner is because of Ben. We have some history behind us and you need to know everything to understand why the group isn't too fond of him,"

"Well, tell me," I said and sat sideways on the couch with my legs tucked underneath me.

"It's a long story, how about we meet up tonight at the boardwalk?" he offered.

"Sure, just call me when you're on your way there,"

"Alright, well you better go now," he sadly sighed.

"How come?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because your guest is shooting daggers at me with his eyes right now," he leaned in and whispered to me.

I looked behind me and I could see that Matt was right, but Taylor quickly smiled when he saw me looking at him. I chuckled and faced Matt, who had a big smile on his face.

"Okay, I'll see you later," I said and hugged him.

"See ya' later, J.D.,"

I waved to the guys and I walked out with Taylor next to me. He wrapped an arm around my side and brought me in closer. I pulled back some and gave him a weird look, in which I received a grin. I shrugged it off and took him inside to get settled in while I chose an outfit to wear tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
J.D's dress

Sorry that it's so short and uneventful, but I'm writing this as I'm doing my lab report. =p