She Disobeyed the Mafia Leader, Her Punishment Is... Him?

Sleep

When the hotel came into view my hand went to my back pocket, instinctively. I pulled out my key, and rubbed it in-between my fingers; it helped me think. A wind of air brushed past my face, as the door man opened the tall door for me.

“Thank you,” I smiled politely. He put one hand up to his hat, and nodded to me in return.

The hotel’s lobby had the common beige walls, but the difference here was the columns. They travel up the corners of the room, connecting with the high ceiling. Along the way statues were carved out of the columns. A nice, long granite counter ran along the side of the wall to the right. To the left was an employee’s area, and next to that the closed metal doors to the elevators’. Straight ahead was a small water fall, trickling along a lit up baby blue bubbled back round. Behind the water fall wall was a couch, then an area to walk to the dining area-to the right-that had quotes bordering the top of the ceiling. Next to the couch, and the walkway, was yet another couch. This one was next to a low fire, embedded in a brick fireplace. Both couches had a small blue tented glass table in front of it, along with different shades of brown and blue bubbled rugs.

The hotel was definitely one of a kind, and I had an attachment to it. It gave me a homey feeling-something I’ve never had before- and took my mind off Jamal for a spit second. After taking in my surroundings I walked over to the elevator, but choose the stairs when I spotted the door next to the elevator button.

Once I saw the third floors door, I opened it, and walked down the hall; looking for my number. Instead of the usual jumble of colors and shapes in the carpet, this hotel had a simple light brown tone. Radiance blue shimmered off the walls. When I finally found room 216 I thought about knocking, just because Peter was in there, and I didn’t want to barge in on him. My fist went to the door, but I quickly pulled back-thinking of how stupid I must seem-and slid my key down into the slot.

The light was already off, so I stood there for a minute to get my eyes used to the new lighting. I rested my weight against the doorframe, and took a deep breath. My eyes flickered closed, and I felt my muscles relax. I need to sleep.

Despite my bodies’ unwillingness, I walked forward, dragging my feet in the process, and shut the door. Because of the dark I couldn’t see what the room looked like exactly, but I did see two queen sized beds resting against the right side of the wall, and a long dresser across from it. The plasma screen TV was black and resting on the dresser’s center.

I was still in my black dress, matching heels, make up, and May’s jacket, but didn’t care. As soon as I got near the bed without a lump I plopped my weight onto it, head first. I sighed, in pure bliss. The outline of Peter’s body turned towards me.

“Your clothes are in the bathroom, and May left you a message saying, ‘don’t forget about tonight’s plans wink, wink.’” A smile crept up onto my face when he said that. “ And, yes, she told me to say the wink part.” Peter informed me. “What does she mean?”

“Um…”

“Tell me,” He said sternly.

“Girl stuff,” I blurted, almost sure he was raising an eyebrow. He was quite for a few minutes, and I wondered if he took the bait or not. I quickly got my phone, and put an alarm on for 2 am-for the mission to get that video-, put it on vibrate, and under my pillow. That should wake me up. Still, he did not speak, and I felt myself slipping into the darkness.

“You’re not changing?” He suddenly asked. I kicked off my heels loudly, for him to hear.

“Done,” I whispered.

Right when I was about to be asleep he spoke.

“Lee….Murray….” Peter hesitated. “Never mind,” his figure slumped onto his other side; his back now to me.

“’Kay,” I murmured and hugged a pillow into me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know not much happened here, but more will when she has to wake up for the mini ‘mission’ and when Peter wakes up in the morning.