Waitress

one

“Order up!” Kayla shouted as she slapped the bell. “Two quarter pound cheeseburgers; hold the mayo, add extra cheese, and pickles, onions, lettuce on the side. Than surround them with as many fries as possible.”

“Pigs.” I grumbled.

“Yeah, they are skinny!” She complained. “I think this is all they eat for a week. We have them here every Wednesday and they order the same thing.” Sweeping a arm across her tan forehead she took the shinning droplets of sweat with it.

“When is Hannah getting here?” Grabbing the plates I set them on my over sized carrying tray.

“Dunno.” She shrugged her shoulders before heading back to the cooking.

“I guess I’ll take care of the diner myself” Mumbling under my breath I smacked a smile on my face and headed towards my section.

“Here you go.” I smiled as I laid the over sized plates in front of the two skinny blondes.

“Where are our Cokes?” The healthier looking one snapped in that annoying voice that guys some how manage to listen to so they can get in bed with them, damn idiots.

“You didn’t order any.” I spoke kindly through my teeth.

“Well, we just did.” The other one nearly barked at me. At least her voice was normal.

“Right away, miss.” I smiled while I restrained from punching them out. I swear if it was windy they would fly away.

Just my luck; the other waitress is busy somewhere, it is super busy here a Paul’s diner, and I have to deal with the ignorant blondes. I am so demanding a raise before the next paycheck. Nobody, especial me, shouldn’t have to deal with this.

Grabbing their pops I rushed to set them down without saying a word. Kayla popped out orders every other minute. Feeling like a mouse as I shuffled around the diner take and giving orders. Tips piled in my pocket as I cleaned and took checks. If this is what I have to do all my life they better change the name from Paul’s Diner to Lulu’s Diner. I swear my momma was drugged when she named me.

“Ready for the check?” I smiled as I sped to the blondes’ table.

“Yeah.” The nasally one smirked.

“Be right back.” I grinned. I slowly started to walk back to the counter.

“Look at her, she is so fat.” I heard the nasally one whisper.

“I know. I guess she never heard of a treadmill.” The other snickered. They broke out laughing.

“Bitches.” I spat under my breath. Reaching the counter I grabbed the check book and filled out a pay amount.

“Now Lulu don’t get to pissed off. You have curves, your not fat.” Kayla smiled as she rang the bell for the next order.

“Thanks.” I hugged her through the order window. She smelt like everything we serve here, it was gross and yummy at the same time.
Around seven everything slowed down and we only had three tables full. I was finally able to sit down. On my third break I sat at the counter and read. I am one of the biggest bookworm, if I am not here or at home I am searching the library.

Once the three groups left and my tips weighed me down I almost called quits for the day. I was on my last page of my book when I heard the door bell ring. Looking up I found a group of four people. Three looked like guys, one looked both.

The shortest one had dark brown eyes and sandy hair; he was wearing a white tee and washed out jeans. Their was one with shoulder length hair, a red tee, and darker jeans then the one before. The next tallest had black corn rows and looked like a white, want-to-be gangster with a devilish lip ring he kept playing with. The confused gender one had black and white dreadlocks, tight black tee and had it’s eyebrow pierced.

They sat at the booth close to the door. Snapping out of my profiling stare I grabbed my pad and started over there. Stopping by the window to make sure Kayla was still here. I found her hunched over the sink with a huge pile of dishes.

“Kay! We got a group of four. Hang in there.”

Groaning she just looked at me. “Fine, but I am going to sit at the counter. I stink and I look horrible.”

“Now you don’t. You’re the only one I know who can pull of sweat as good as you can.”

“Thanks.” She said as she gave me a tired smile. I left her and walked the rest of the way over to the booth.

“Hi, I’m Lulu and I’m going to be your waitress for the evening. Wouldn’t you like to start of with some drinks?” I smiled.

“Hi, Lulu.” The confused gender one spoke. I realized he was a guy form the accent and the deepness in his voice. “Water is good.” He smiled. Huh, he has a great smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?!
Hope you like :)