Waitress

four

I opened my eyes to find Kayla’s face two inches from mine. Chuckling under my breath I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Laying on my back I stared at the ceiling, nothing really interesting about it just white and bumpy and I think somewhere there is a smashed spider. Maybe someday I’ll count the bumps in the ceiling, who knows. Facing Kayla again I found her smiling, for all I know she could be dreaming about an island covered in chocolate.

Climbing out of bed I dragged my feet to the bathroom. Turning to the mirror I stared at my ugly morning hair and face. Stripping down I hopped into the shower, the hot water untangled my muscles from yesterday. Standing under the water my mind replayed last night.

The smile, that laugh, and Kayla flirting. You couldn’t ask for a better end to a bad day and to top it off I got his number. Holy shit! I have his number! Should I call him? Would I seem desperate? God damn it! Why can’t life be less like a game and more like a movies with everything already mapped out?

Jumping out of the shower I grabbed a towel and tightly tied it around me. Rushing out I ran into the bedroom and dug around for his number. Running my hand around in my tip bag I ran across nearly two hundred dollars in tips and a folded up piece of paper. Holding it in my hand I felt like Pandora, I didn’t know what to expect when, if I opened it.

“What’s that?” A groggy voice asked. I jumped a little and screamed. “Whoa! Hey, it’s just me. Chill down!” Kayla grabbed my shoulders and shook me. “What’s got you all jumpy? Let me see that.” She snatched the paper out of my hands and had it opened before I could process a word or movement.

Her mouth hung open and her widened with every second. Slowly a smile formed and she glowed.

“Lulu got a boyfriend!” She started to chant over and over again. .Sometimes I wonder how she passed high school.

“Shut up. I don’t I have a number.” I whispered in shock, so it was true. Last night wasn’t a dream.

Kayla looked at me and sighed with a chuckle. “A rock star just gave you his number, he has to really like you. Oh, and put some clothes on. While you were in the shower Tom called and I invited him over. God thing you actually clean up or I would be in deep shit.”

“Wait, you invited someone to my house?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“I don‘t know maybe cause I like him.” She said with a ‘duh, you idiot’ voice. “Just get dressed. Oh, and I’m borrowing some clothes.” With that she walked into my closet.

Following her I took a pair of dark wash jeans and my Batman shirt. What can I say, Marvel stole my heart. After I got changed and watched Kayla change from outfit to outfit before settling on cutoff jean shorts and a purple tank, I was standing in the kitchen pouring myself some Captain Crunch when I heard a knock at the door. Grabbing the bowl and spoon I shoveled a spoon full of cereal into my mouth. Opening the door I found him.

“Hi Lulu.” Bill said with that melting smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long, brain fart
Comments? good or bad