Waitress

Six

Opening the huge doors of the Stadium I was blown away by the sound. Kayla and I held hands as we made our way through people to the stage. Instead of wearing our backstage passes around our necks they sat in our pockets. We didn’t want them to be swiped in the middle of the concert.

There was every type of girl here. Goth, geek, prep, and my favorite…Dork. And if you haven’t guessed yet I am a dork. My hands shook as I looked around, Kayla was clam and gave my hand a big, comforting squeeze. She smiled back at me as she pushed through the over obsessed fan girls and guys.

We reached the gate that protected the stage and the guys. Kayla was polite, but managed to get us to the front. She’s got superpowers or something, I’ll have to ask if she’s Superwoman one of these days.

Still wearing my Batman shirt I rubbed nervously at my arms. Biting my lip I watched for Bill. I enjoyed concerts and all of this, but the part of knowing the people who are playing was racking up my nerves. I know I switched the parse around, sue me. My dark semi-skinny jeans clung to me from the humidity, my ears rang as the crowd started to scream. Turning my gaze from the floor I saw him.

Standing on stage with the biggest grin, I wanted to melt a bit. Wow, I’m turning into the fans girls all around me. Instead of melting I just smiled. Bill waited for the crowd to settle a bit. Chuckling a little he picked up the microphone. Holding it up the crowd revved back up.

“How you all doing tonight?” He asked.

Instead of good or great the crowd responded with more screaming.

“Great. You ready for some music?” He had this slightly evil grin spread across his face.

The band started up as the crowd grew even louder, if that was possible. Kayla squeezed my hand as she stared at Tom. She started to jump around like everyone else around us. I, not knowing any songs, stood there like a dipstick.

“You get up and somebody tells you where to go to,
When you get there everybody’s telling you want to do,
Thank you it’s been another bloody Monday,
And no one is asking what you wanted any way
NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN
NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN
Scream, till you feel it, Scream till you believe it.
Scream and when it hurts, scream it out loud.
Scream till you fell it, scream till you believe it.
Scream and when it hurts, scream it out loud.
Scream…”

AS the concert went on I was really digging the music. AS each song started Kayla whispered the name. There was Scream, Monsoon, Final Day, Rescue Me, Automatic, Hey You, Love and Death, and Pain of Love. There were other one, but I was paying to much attention to Bill to hear her.

“This is the last song of the night.” Bill said. Take a big drink from his water bottle and threw it out. Of course just like everything in life it bounced of my head and landed in some chicks hand. Bill finally saw me. He smiled.

“Sorry, Lulu. You okay?”

I nodded and smiled.

“This one is for this waitress I met. Her name is Lulu. Just so you know this is, 1000 Oceans.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, brain fart.
comments?