Waitress

Seven

As the fans spread throughout the whole stadium to buy tee’s and other little Nick nac’s the overly boring sales people had displayed. Kayla, who was holding my hand again, and I sliced through the crowds to get backstage. Our passes now hung around our necks with our free hands securely hugging them.

“Have you ever been backstage?” I screamed to Kayla.

“Once, when my cousin was playing.” She smirked and pulled me through a heavy door.

Blinded by the lights I blinked and stared like an idiot. I was barley aware of my feet moving as Kayla nearly had me running for my life. People paraded around with equipment or were barking orders . Each one of them wore microphones and headsets. No one noticed us, well one dude was eying Kayla, it was like we turned invisible. I felt like Harry Potter. And again, yes, I’m a dork.

When my sight returned the band had come in view. Butterflies re-entered my stomach and beat the snot out of me. I don’t believe they noticed us, this is so new to me it’s beyond scary.

“You guys did great!” Kayla squeaked. Restraining myself was beyond the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

“Yeah, it was a great show.” I added just in case I would be able to hold it in any longer.

“Thanks.” Gustav smiled, looking up from his red hands. “Sorry to leave, but I got slivers to tend to.” I wasn’t sure, but I think I heard him mutter ‘god damn’. But, I’m not sure.

“Nice to see you again…?” George started, but obviously forgot my name.

I chuckled under my breath. “Lulu.” Smiling at him to make him feel less stupid. “It’s okay, I am a waitress you saw once. Hey, half of the regulars still ask me what my name is. And I’ve been working there since…oh, God knows when.”

“Anyway, I got to go.” Flashing me a smile. It was nice just not as good as Bill’s.

“I’m happy you showed up.” Bill smiled, he twisted nervously at the cap of his water.

“I’m Happy I came, you guys are really good.” Smiling I felt blood rush to my face. I wanted to turn and run. God! Is this embarrassing.

“Hey, Kayla.” I jumped, Tom’s voice snatched me out of the ‘it’s only me and you here’ state.

“Hello, Tom.” She sound quirky and grown up. Kinda of seducing, but not the ‘jump in bed’ level.

“ You guys want to catch a bite?” Bill asked. His eyes bore into me as if he had x-ray vision.It wasn’t the ‘I am going to rape you’ feeling. I felt like I was suppose to be here.

“ Yeah.” Kayla said as Tom wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Totally. Sure.” God, strike me now.

“Cool.” Bill smiled sending shivers to my spine.

"Cool." Smiling back, I walked next to him as Tom and Kayla lead the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? good or bad