Ready When You Are

Drunk Love.

"We’re gonna set this place on fire, your entire cause was lit up in my eyes.
But I wish you told me, that the truth was all a lie. Cause you we’re
Dressed to kill, and just wasting my time."

I finished the song and everyone in the crowded house cheered. We left the make-shift stage and I headed for the kitchen. I bumped into a girl with stretched ears who was reaching for a coke.

"Sorry." I said, turning and finding it was Paisley.She looked even hotter with her hair up, if that was possible.

"Ha ha, hey Nick." She held her arms open for a hug; I fulfilled her request. She didn't let go, instead she took my free hand in hers and intertwined our fingers. I gulped. Did she have feelings for me too?

"So so so, I really like your music." She was tracing letters and shapes on my hand now.

"Thank you, I really like your hair." I had to keep my arms wrapped around her waist to keep her for sliding down my body to the floor.

"Thanks babe. So, I've really been thinking." She was closer to me when she said that. Then I smelled it, the alcohol. But she doesn't drink.

"Pay, have you been drinking?" I put my finger under her chin and brought her eyes to meet mine.

"No, I'm straight edge. Booze are gross." Someone spiked her drink. Shit shit shit. Maybe everything she said was just a side effect. Paisley tugging me through the crowd of people to the stairs broke me of my thoughts. She found an empty bedroom and led me inside.

"Paisley, we shouldn't-" She put a finger to my lips. Laying down on the bed she pulled me with her. Okay, I'll face the fact that she's a pro but now is not the time.

Our lips were just centimeters away. I could feel her warm breath on my lips and the tip of my nose. I had to get out of this situation. I wanted her, yeah, just not like this.

Thinking fast, I rolled off of her. We were then laying side by side, staring at the ceiling. I turned on my side and she did the same. This was turning into my dream. She scooted closer and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Paisley, I lo-" She put a finger to my lips.

De-

"Shh." She replaced the finger her own soft lips. I couldn't resist.

Ja-

Our kissing grew a bit more passionate but our speed was still slow and it was still dry.

Vu.

***

The next day was total hell. My Sunday was filled with too much thinking. About the kiss, the dream, my feelings, and whether or not hers existed. I was pacing around my room, coffee in hand and thinking. Then my phone rang. Shitticus, king of Shrome - ruler of everything shitty, it was Paisley.

I answered.

"Hello?" I hid the shake in my voice.

"Hey, Nick? We need to talk, today-style. Meet you in the park?"

"Um, sure. I'll see you in thirty minutes then."

I hung up. I took a shower, got dressed and left for the park.

"Hi." Paisley said when I got there. We found a picnic table to sit at and talk.

"So." I said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah so, about yesterday."

"Um, what did you think about it?"

"Well, it turns out someone spiked my drink and now I feel like a total ass. Plus what happened between us."

Please don't say it was a mistake.

"Yeah, how much do you remember?"

"I remember you saying you loved me."

Of COURSE she remembers that detail.

I blushed and stayed silent.

"Drunk actions are sober thoughts and sober words are truth."

"What do yo-" She kissed me softly.

Never mind, that totally answers my question.

"Wait, so are we?" She shook her head 'no'.

"At least, not yet. Give me a few more weeks. There's something else I have to talk to you about though." She pulled a white slip of paper from her pocket.

"Can you tell me who wrote this?" She handed me the note. I instantly recognized the writing as Luke's and became a little worried. He liked her sister.

"It's Luke's. Um..."

"That's all I needed to know. I was glad we were right." She got up, walked to her car and drove away.

That girl was like a book with no last page. A never-ending story. Not just something you get over. She made zero sense and all the sense in the world. But I could put her out of my mind for a while. Now I had to find out what Luke wanted with her sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
told you immediately.
same day, roughly 30 minutes apart. BEAT THAT.
man, paisley is quite the ryan ross, isn't she? xD
and nick is so sprung, it's hilarious.