Ivy's Song

011

Jason’s POV
That jerk! I hate his guts! He left Ivy, and no ‘I’m sorry’ or ‘I didn’t mean it’ will change what she had go through, going weeks with out a single nod or acknowledgment of her existence. He deserves his guilt. And I wanted to give him a piece of my mind. So after every one else had caught up, I asked Mason if I could talk to him.
“Yeah man. What’s up?” Ivy saw me and made to follow. I shook my head at her and she stayed back with a spectacle look on her face.
When we got in the hallway I abruptly turned around.
“What’s up man?” Mason asked. I pushed him up a wall. “What’s your problem!” Mason yelled.
“My problem is you! You left Ivy all alone! TO DEAL WITH HATE!” I yelled, my anger skyrocketing. I pulled back my fist about to punch him when I heard Ivy.
“Jason! NO!” Ivy screamed. I looked up, a tinge of guilt touching my eyes. But I was just trying to help Ivy out.
Ivy’s POV
I heard Mason shout something, and I knew Jason would be in trouble if I didn’t step in.
“Jason! No!” I shouted. Jason just looked up with an unreadable emotion in his eyes, and slowly lowered his fists.
“What’s going on here?!” I heard Joe yell. I turned and faced him.
“My past caught up with me,” A single tear started to fall down from eyes. “It’s not Jason’s fault. He was trying to help me.”
“HE WAS ABOUT TO PUNCH ONE OF OUR CLOSE FRIENDS! I THINK THAT IT’S BOTH OF YOUR FAULT!” Joe screamed.
“It’s my fault,” I said quietly. “I should have disappeared from here long ago. I’ll leave you all alone from now on. Sorry for the inconvenience I’ve caused you all.” With that I turned to leave. I felt my arm caught. I turned and saw Jason stopping me.
“If you want to disappear, ok, but I’m coming with you.” I smiled and nodded. When we started running I heard Nock and Kevin calling our names. I even heard Mason and Erika, but we didn’t dare stop. We ran back to the bus and grabbed whatever the Jonas’s didn’t buy for us. We only had what we came with. Then we sprinted away from all the problems that I feel responsible for.
***
The next morning we woke up in the HideOut. Everyone was grateful for the reasons of why we left. I could see Jason becoming himself again. I loved it. In fact I think we belong here, on the streets because we’ll never fit in with any other type of people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short? Yes.
Important? I think so.