Time For Change

Ramen Eating Contest

"WHat was that about!?" Kiba yelled "You never told me you were engaged.." I looked down my bangs shadowing my face trying to hold back the tears that were stinging in my eyes. "I-It's complicated...." I mumbled shamefully. He only nodded and we continued to walk in silence. When we arived back at the clinic, we set down the paint and got to work.
>>>>>>>>FF A few hours Later>>>>>>
We were finished with all of the undercoats and three of the mirals. Kiba turned to me, "Do you wanna go to the ramen shop for lunch I'm starved!!?" he asked jutting out his lower lip begging like a little kid. I couldn't help but giggle and then said "Sure, I'm hungry myself." We locked up and headed for the ramen shop. It was silent for a while until kiba asked "so...you're engaged..." I put my head down and took a deep breath. "I wish I wasn't" I mumbled. Kiba looked simpathetic. "If you don't wanna marry him then why are you engaged?" he asked confused. "My c-clan has plans for me...." "Oh.....so it's an arranged marrage...?" I nodded," Yah...we won't marry(I shuddered at the word marry) Until I'm eighteen, and he was supposed to be away in the village hidden in the Mist untill then, but he came early..." I explained my head still down. Kiba hugged me lightly and asked softly "Well do you have to listen to your clan, I mean can't you object?" I shook my head. "B-before my dad....died..I made him a promise....to always obey" I then whispered so low that he couldn't hear me, "That is until its the time for change."
We finally arrived at the ramen shop and sat down at the counter. Just then a kid our age with bright blond hair and an obnoxiously orange jumpsuit came in. "Hey Kiba, whos this?" He asked loudly. Kiba replied, "Hey naruto this is Annie she works at the clinic with Hana she just move here a couple weeks ago." "Oh....hey kiba I CHALENGE YOU TO A RAMEN EATING CONTEST!! LOSER BUYS!!!" kiba replied, "YOU'RE ON!! I AM SO WINNING THIS!!!" "NO WAY, EVERYONE KNOWS I AM THE CHAMPION!!!"I asked sweetly "Can I be a part of your guys' contest?" they both looked at me like this O_o "Seriously?!" They both asked? you nodded. "Sure, why not....I hope you brought enough money to pay." Naruto replied. Ismirked.
"Alright on my count" the chef said "3..2...1....GO!!" We all dug in and were slurping down bowls of ramen. Kiba and Naruto couldn't go on, butI wasn't even full. You see the wolf side of me has a big appetite. They both stared at me in awe. "How can you eat alll of that, your sooo small and you don't even look phased." I smiled and simply said"I like to eat."I smirked since you both lost you both have to pay!" "Aww man" they both said as I exited the restraunt.
Kiba said that he had to go do training soI returned to the clinic alone to finish your painting in the end everything turned out to my liking. I even made a point to add akamaru in to the miral in the front with all the dogs running with him.