Give Our Rights Away, Arise And Seize The Day

He doesn’t seem like the loyal type.

Hey, it’s Pete, leave one,” Maddie heard his voicemail for the tenth time that day. It was later on and she was getting more and more frustrated.

“Hey, it’s me again. Listen, it’s one thing to have “something to do,” but it’s another to not call someone when you said you would 5 days ago,” she emphasized. “I’m really just over it, honestly. There better be a good reason why you aren’t talking to me and it can’t be because of the meeting ‘cause we went over that already. When you’re ready to talk, just let me know.”

She hung up and rubbed her face. Right away, her door was slammed open. “We need to talk,” Tori stormed in.

“Can we talk later,” she begged.

“No, now,” she demanded.

“Where’s Ryan? Shouldn’t you be with him?”

“He had a band thing to do so he left.” She stood in front of her. “What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Well I have a boyfriend that’s ignoring me for some reason and an angry person in my room breaking my door in. Is that a good answer for you?”

“I meant with Ryan. Why the hell would you help him propose to me?!”

“Because he’s head over heels in love with you and you won’t tell him the truth or break it off with him!” She stood up from her bed. “I told you that if you didn’t tell him then I would and you told me not to.”

“So you’re getting revenge?!”

“I guess that’s how you could say it,” she shrugged. “You need to tell him, Tori.”

She ran her fingers through her hair. “I can’t,” she shook her head. “Do you know what would happen if he found out?”

“If you just broke up with him before you married Gerard in fucking Vegas, you wouldn’t have this problem right now!”

Tori sat on Maddie’s bed. “I just can’t tell him. I don’t know how I would tell him but I know he’s not going to take it lightly. And I just can’t break up with him now,” she slapped her knees. “We’re engaged!”

“You didn’t have to say yes, you know that right?”

“I didn’t feel like I had much of a choice.”

“Everybody has a choice. You could have said it was moving too fast or you felt like he was pressured because of the baby, anything!”

“It’s not that easy saying no to someone with a ring, that is a heartbreaker.” She held her head in her hands.

“Think about what you just said,” Maddie pointed out. “If it is such a heart breaker, then that could have ended things easily.”

Tori lifted her head up to think for a second. “Fuck,” she screamed, realizing that things could have just ended. “What would I said about the baby? He would still think it was his.”

“If he was so heartbroken, he would hardly be around anyway.” Maddie sat next to her and put her arm around her shoulders. “Face it Tori, you literally just screwed yourself over.”

Tori glared at her. “And I have you to thank, you bitch.”

“Fabulous, now get the fuck out of my room.”

Tori stood up and began to walk up. “Oh,” she turned around. “Maybe you should go check up on your problem. I’m sure there’s something going on there.”

“What the hell are you smoking?”

“Oh please, he’s Pete Wentz, he doesn’t seem like the loyal type.” She walked out of the room with a huge smirk on her face.