Give Our Rights Away, Arise And Seize The Day

We're home!

The  next day around noon, Maddie was downstairs flipping through T.V. channels when the door opened. "Finally," she turned off the T.V. and stood up. "Let me hold th-" She was cut off in surprise by Draco running over and jumping up on the couch. Pete was close behind. 

"He was scratching at my front door and when I let him out to do his business, he just ran to my car," he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously. Maddie stared for a moment before motioning to the couch. She managed to get Draco off so they could both sit. "I am so sorry," he took her hands in his. "You know that I would never want to hurt you like this."

"So why did you?"

"I honestly don't know how it happened, but every time I would try to end it, but it just kept happening. I felt like I had no control."

"But you had control," she pulled her hands away. 

"What about you? You cheated on me too!"

"And I admitted to it right away, told you sooner, didn't keep it going for as long as you, and didn't go as far as you," she raised her tone. "I'll admit what I did was wrong, but I'm not at as big of a fault as you."

He rubbed his face. "Can we not point fingers, please," he asked in a quiet tone.

"I wasn't going to, but you pointed the first one."

Before he could say anything else, the front door opened again. "We're home," Tori said. Gerard followed behind with Riley. They both saw what they had walked into and slowly made their way to the stairs. "Just don't start yelling," Tori asked of them. 

Pete waited for the door to close to know that it was safe to talk. He sighed and took a minute before speaking again. "So, does this mean that we are definitely over?"

Maddie stared at him for a little bit; both of them not moving from their positions or shifting their eyes. She then began to slowly nod her head. He threw his hands up in defeat and looked away. "You have to understand that it's for the best," she began to choke up. "We have been having problems for a little while now and no matter how hard we tried to fix them, they just kept coming back up. I can't keep running in circles like this Pete."

He looked ahead for a great length of time, not saying a word. Maddie looked down at her hands, trying to not cry. "Okay," he broke the silence and stood up. "Understood." He began to walk out and turned himself around. "I guess we'll work out our stuff a different time?" She nodded. He turned around to leave again, but faced her again. "If you were curious, you still have your job, if you want to keep it. I'm not going to fire you."

She nodded. "Thank you."

He walked out with her watching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still living.
Sorry for the long waits, I've been busy.
I just came back home a couple of days ago and went right back to work so I've been busy.
But thank you for the patience :).