Remembering Sunday

Monster.

Chapter 2
Monster.

It took a hell of a lot of strength to walk away from her. Half of the reason was I left her standing alone before school, and then there was the part of me that longed for her blood. That wanted to stay and kill her, to take her into an embrace and squeeze her too tight. For some reason it was getting extremely difficult to control myself. I needed to hunt, I needed to feed, and soon.
Rowen, are you alright? Emily's voice chimed into my head. I groaned, forgetting about my family affairs.
Want me to come with?
I'm fine, Emily. I was more angry than I believed myself to be, and much more than I had been portraying. I couldn't drive like this. I ran home, it was faster. I was going to tell Emily to take my car back but she confirmed that she understood by uttering a quiet "alright" to me.
Jenna was startled when I walked in the door. She went up to me and hugged me. The last time someone came home early- we left the town within an hour. I put my hand on her sholdure.
"It's alright, we're not going anywhere."
Her face lit up, "so she's still okay?"
"Yeah.." I trailed off, "but forget her mum, she's not going to be interfereing with us anymore."
Her expression turned from releif to confusion as I walked into the living room. I didn't want to be the one to cause turmoil, I wanted to restore the harmony that I had taken away from my family. I wasn't planning on even returning to school, because I wasn't going to see her again. It would be as if she never met me, and I would be nothing but a distant memory.
Just then Alexander walked in, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked at him intently, a ready to flee look in my eyes.
You're home early. I said quietly to him
You too. I'm guessing we've got some sort of mess to clean up if you've skipped out, what's wrong? he asked calmly.
There's a girl.
He smiled, "finally, after a few hundred years, someone catches your interest."
He sat next to me, "I wanted to kill her." I choked out in a harsh whisper. I gagged at my own monsterous truth, finally being spoken. I turned my gaze to an inanimate object at my right, oddly being a picture of me and Domonic wrestleing like idiots in Akron.
"Ah, so you don't have feelings for her? None at all?" he asked, his expression the same since he walked in.
"I.." I trailed off. Did I have feelings for her? No, I couldn't have ones for her, not serious ones.
"Well, that settles it." Alexander said with a grin. It made me worried.
"Go hunt now, you're going back to school Monday."
"But I-"
"Emily will go with you."
"On such short notice?"
"I'll give a heads up."
I didn't notice her presence until Alexander spoke of it. It made me worry more about my power blackouts.
C'mon yah 'tard. She interrupted a bit too optomistic for the situation.
Emily and I stayed out for Friday, Saturday, and will stay half of a day on Sunday. I guess I was being nieve before, because up until Alexander bringing it up, I never really noticed how obvious it was. I did like Isabelle, and it didn't even occour to me that I could like someone so human. Now it was all that was on my mind, I couldn't stop myself from speding every single sleepless night beside her. I tried my hardest to be by her, even on the hunting days. I had made it into her room the previous nights, and I sat at her desk where her computer sat. I tried to escape to her side the next night but Emily got scared because of the thunderstorm. We were in such a creepy atmosphere and i guess when things like that happened, she forgot how indestructable she was. She didn't want to go home early so I stayed with her. She had left on Saturday morning and left me behind thinking I wasn't listening in when she visited Isabelle. I still kept my hearing sharp on Isabelle's thoughts whenever they worked. I was worried about her too, she was even more afraid of storms but I couldn't hear anything. I wished I could tell Isabelle everything so she wouldn't have such sad dreams, but I knew better. I knew I could never let her know, and I would never be able to be with her without destroying her. The only girl I've really loved- is the only girl I can't be with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe and comment.