Tequila Shots

I can't forgive, I won't forget.

Emily's POV
The ocean was gorgeous. The waves crashing against my legs was also a nice touch.
Our hotel was right on the beach. Press came to the hotel today to interview All Time Low and We The Kings. So the other bands took Selena and I out to the beach.
"So you've never gambled?" John asked.
"No." I replied with my eyebrow raised, "What's up with all these weird questions anyway?"
"They aren't weird, they're on a need-to-know bases." he grinned.
"Hey Pat, John, we have to go to the venue - and check things out." Kennedy ran up to us, flipping keys in his hand.
"Alright." John muttered kissing my cheek, and grabbing all of the guys from The Maine.
"Bye." Kennedy, Pat, and John said before meeting up with Garrett and Jared.
I sat down on the shore and dipped my feet in the water.
"Hey." I looked up seeing that it was Nick and looked back to the horizon.
I like Nick - he just makes me feel uncomfortable. He always stares. Either because he hates me or he just has a staring problem.
"Hellooo." I greeted him, as he sat down beside me.
I looked across the beach to see that Eric and Justin were tossing a frisby around.
"Bored?" I guessed.
He nodded.
"And I kind of felt like talking to you."
"Felt like? Jeez, didn't know that you hated me." I smiled.
He grinned.
"Oh yeah, we all hate you. Loathe you." he joked.
The silence between us grew awkward.
"So, where are you from?" he asked, breaking it, probably just making small talk.
"Lutherville. You?"
"Braintree."
I nodded, thinking of other random questions.
"Girlfriend?"
"No, I actually just ended a 2 year relationship." he muttered, placing his hand on the back of his neck.
"Sorry to hear."
"I'm not," he laughed, "So, uhh...where did you and Alex meet?"
"High School. Back in Maryland."
He made a "Mm." sound in the back of his throat.
"Wh-uhh...nevermind." he tumbled over his words.
"What?" I asked.
"It's kind of a personal question." he pursed his lips, "I've heard quite a few rumors about you two. I've seen a lot of things posted on the internet - buzznet and whatnot."
"What kind of things?"
"That you and Alex...that you both just use eachother for casual fucks. That there was some huge break up. I just....Alex is a nice kid and as much as everyone thinks he's cocky, I just don't think he would do anything bad to a girl."
I sighed.
So our relationship was out there. On the internet. I was known as Alex's "casual fuck". Great.
"You want to know the truth?" I asked, not waiting for him to answer, "Alex would never do anything like that to anyone. There was a break up, but it was a long time ago and it was my fault...sort of. Alex and I are a legit couple."
"....I didn't think you were that kind of girl."
"The whore kind?"
He nodded.
"Well, I'm not."
"Excuse me, gorgeous, young lady, but your knight, Sir Alex Gaskarth is here to swipe you away." I turned to see Alex talking in a fake british accent.
I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist. I placed my lips on his and fire shot through my body. He pulled back and chuckled.
"Happy to see me?" he grinned.
"Yes, sir." I looked over at Nick and he sighed, getting up. "I missed you." I murmered, laying my head into his neck.
Alex began walking back to the hotel, me still in his arms, "I missed you too, baby."
My eyes stayed on Nick's as the distance between us grew further. A frown was plastered to his face as he patted sand off of his shorts. He looked up to me and he smiled.
He waved shyly.
I raised my hand and gave a small wave and then let my hand fall and wrap around Alex's neck again.
♠ ♠ ♠
keep commenting 'cause it makes me smile :)