Tequila Shots

you don't want this, but know that I need this.

Emily's POV
"I miss you." Jack muttered, seriously.
"I miss you, too, Jacky-Boy."
We had managed to keep in touch over the course of two weeks.
A Rocket to the Moon had dropped off of the tour. Buzznet said it was 'personal reasons'. The bands had decided that they were going to lengthen the tour and just make it the So Wrong It's Right support tour. Their album had dropped a week ago. The happy, upbeat Alex on the album made me happy - but, according to Jack, Alex had changed.
One night on the phone, he confessed, "Alex is sort of, kind of a slut." he sighed, "He sleeps with a lot of girls from clubs and leaves them a lot. He hasn't mentioned one word about you - and when anyone else does, he leaves the room. He's a mess. We're all tired of him."
Though that had hurt me, I knew I deserved it, because I had hurt him worse.
"Em, when are you going to visit us?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"When I can invent a time travel machine, go back in time, and not cheat on Alex."
"Oh, well, when do you think you'll get back? 'Cause we all miss you."
I scoffed dramatically, "Yeah, you all do, so much."
"Sarcasm? Slick, Kennedy. No, we really do. Zack misses playing Call of Duty with you. Rian misses having someone to tell all of his sappy, lovey Kara stories to. Alex...Alex...he misses you, he's just too confused right now."
I sighed, "Jack, I wish that were true." I let my mind wander, thinking of everything that could've been if I wouldn't have made that dumb decision. "Is...is there another fling tonight?" I asked.
"No," he sighed, relieved, "No annoying slut tonight."
"I'm sorry." my voice was low, ashamed that I was bringing it up, but I needed to apoligize, I was the reason Alex is the way he is now.
"It isn't your fault." he said, even though we both knew that wasn't true, he was just sacrificing the pain for me.
I looked at the clock and realized how late it was.
I knew that Jack only stayed on the phone with me this late every night was because he knew I was a mess, but I always felt guilty for him being tired everyday. I was just one big, giant burden.
"Goodnight, Jack."
"'Night, Em, love you."
"Love you, too."
I hung up the phone and felt weird: empty.
I didn't know why I needed Jack so bad. I had Brian, Mark, and Selena to back me up. Maybe I just felt closer to Alex when I was talking to his best friend.
I wiped the oncoming tears and laid in my empty bed.
I tossed and turned until the sun came up, then I got up, sleepless, to start my dreary day.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of short.
comment? subscribe?