Tequila Shots

all stars could be brighter. all hearts could be warmer.

Emily's POV
The room grew darker, as my eyelids dragged close. Everyone's motion so simple, but not easy for me to comprehend.
I feel weird, uncomfortable, for an amount of time.
Then, pain.
Pain.
Oh god, pain.
The room is now black, so are my thoughts.

Alex's POV
After getting the correct information that I needed from the nurse, I took the elevator to the appropriate floor. I raced the halls. I found the door and lifted my hand to push it open.
But, then the doctor stepped in front of me.
I grew, confused. Irratated.
"Why in the HELL are you not in there trying to stop that pregnancy?" I shouted.
Nurses snapped there heads to my direction. They gave me dissaproving looks. But the doctor gave me a different look, a look of understanding.
"Mister. Gaskarth, you have to remain calm."
I wondered why he was blocking me from the door.
Terror washed through me.
"We tried to stop her from giving birth, but we had no luck. Her water broke. Emily gave birth to a baby girl a half an hour ago." he said.
"Is she...Is Em...?"
"Emily's fine. She's asleep. Probably a side affect to the drugs we gave her. The baby is...small, but healthy for a seven month old. I must warn you that she is hooked up to a breathing aid."
I imagined a tiny, transparent-looking baby, hooked up to tubes and gadgets. I tried to shake the image.
"Can I see Emily?" I asked.
"Of course, but please understand that she is rather weak. Don't be afraid."
I nodded, and he moved out of the way.
I opened the door and braced myself. The room was poorly-lit. Brian was at Emily's side, sleeping. Selena was laying in the bed with Emily.
All of them had their eyes closed, I didn't know if they were asleep or just worried.
I approached quietly.
Emily's eyes opened, a small smile spread across her face.
"Alex." she said in a low, weak voice.
I smiled, and kissed her cheek. I pulled away, but she pulled me in for a kiss on the lips. A soft one.
I stayed at her level, "How are you doing? Can I get you anything?"
"Alex...she...our baby, she's beautiful." she smiled, weakly.
"Where is she?" I asked, impatiently.
She frowned slightly, and began to sob, I closed my eyes and felt a tear drip down my face.
Then, I wrapped my arms around her, accidently nudging Selena.
"She'll be fine." I whispered in her ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! I'll post more.