Tequila Shots

you put the sun to shame.

Emily's POV (3 years ago)
I stomped heavily through the house, sending glares to the drunk fiends that were trashing my house. I threw my keys on the table and walked up to the stereo. Selena's eyes followed me the whole time, wondering what I was about to do. I had every right to be angry, especially since Brian and Mark told me the previous night that they were having a 'small' get together in celebration of another "delightful" year started at school.
"You can stay at Selena's," Mark had convinced me, "We don't need babysat. It's only gonna be like five people. Maybe six.... Seven, at the most."
I believed them, only until the next night while Selena and I were enjoying our own time, I got a call from my neighbor who pleaded I come over to make sure the party was silenced.
Sure enough, when I arrived, there were underage kids in my front yard and in my house. Not seven... But more along the lines of fifty.
I pressed the stop button and everyone stared at me.
"Dear Brian and Mark, ole' brother, ole' pal," I smiled broadly, but then quickly frowned, "Fuck you. I will be ripping your dicks off and burning them."
The room filled with drunk laughter and I walked away.
Someone turned the music back on as I was doing so.
I spotted Mark and Brian, whose faces were red.
"Look, Em, I didn't know there would be this many..."
I put my hand up,
"Save it. I don't really care... But no more lies, and next time, invite us. We like to loosen up."
Mark's face softened, "Only if you promise that I can keep my winky."
I rolled my eyes swiftly and tossed my hair, leaving them to get a drink.

Alex's POV
I pulled into the driveway. The cars, music, and kids gave it away, if not I wouldn't have known what house it was. I'd only been there once before - the first day of school when Brian had asked me to come over.
I was the "new kid" but it never seemed to phase Brian or any of his friends.
I opened up the door, shut it, and shoved my hands in my pockets, i surveyed the scene and felt my stomach get upset.
At my old school, I never went to parties. I was extremely social, but only if I was spoken to first.
"Hey, sexy." a redhead said in front of me, her friends stared with her all with charming smiles.
Not for me.
I nodded politely and made my way through the seemingly more and more annoying crowd until I found Mark.
"Bro! You made it!" he slurred.
Brian and Mark always knew just how to have fun. Whether it was illegal or not. They were definitely not boring people.
Brian turned around.
"When did you get here?" Brian asked.
"Uhh, just a couple of seconds ago." I replied, still looking around.
"There's something terribly wrong with you... You aren't drunk yet! Go get a drink."
I didn't argue, since it had been a long, tedious week. I practically had to start all over. New friends, new neighborhood, new school, new everything. Between schoolwork and filling out applications, I was convinced that my fingers would fall off.
I walked to the kitchen where every drink imaginable sat on the counter. I always wondered where they got it, but I never asked.
I approached and looked for something strong. I picked my poison and poured it.
Just as I was ready to walk away, a pretty strawberry-blonde approached.
"Hey sweetie, you want to go upstairs?" she asked.
My eyes bulged and then when I realized she wasn't kidding, I sighed.
"I, umm. I don't even know you."
She smiled, "I'm Lindsey! And you're Alex. Now let's go." she grabbed my hand.
And then someone pulled on my shoulder and yanked me back. I looked to see a gorgeous brunette. She was short, and thin. Her hair was in loose curls. She was wearing dark jeans and a tight dark blue v-neck. You could see some of her slightly tan skin between her jeans and shirt. She had a blue cup in her hand. She smiled at me and then threw her arm around my shoulder.
"Sorry, Lindsey," the brunette glared at Lindsey, "But we're dating." she smiled up at me.
Ashley huffed loudly and walked away, "Whatever, Emily."
I looked down at the brunette, who suddenly pulled her arm off of me.
"Sorry, I was just saving you. It didn't look like you wanted to fuck her." she smiled, "Hi, I'm Emily." she giggled.
"Thank you." I smirked, "And I'm Alex."
She tilted her head, "...Wait, Alex the new kid?"
"Yeah." I laughed.
"Oh, so I finally get to meet him. My brother has mentioned a lot about you."
"Who's your brother?" I asked.
"Brian."
"Oh, makes sense. You guys kind of look alike."
She smiled.
It felt good to know that I would see her more. Since she lived with Brian. Although, it sounded bad, I felt as if I would be chasing this girl eventually. The worst part: I didn't know if I would fail or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait.
oh, and this chapter is kind of flashback to when they first met.
enjoy, criticize, and comment.
feedback is helpful.
also, I need a name for the baby. I'll take any suggestions.
<3