Tequila Shots

you take my breath away.

Alex's POV
After eight days, they let her sleep in a crib next to Emily's hospital bed. Same machines.
After eleven days, they took every machine except for the heart monitor.
After 15 days we were able to physically hold her.
And finally after 22 long days we were allowed to take Gabrielle home.
I buckled her into the carseat in the back while the nurse helped Emily put bags into the front. The nurse wished us luck then left.
I glanced at Emily. A cute smile adorned her face. Though she was in gray sweatpants, a purple v-neck, and flip flops, she still made my heart beat recklessly. She was still breathtakingly gorgeous. She didn't even have to try.
She jumped into my arms and wrapped her legs around my waist.
"We're going home." she smiled as if it was unreal to her.
I put her on her ground and twined my fingers into her hair. I pressed my lips to hers.
"Yeah, we are."
-----------------
When we arrived at Emily's house, Brian and Melanie were standing outside. I parked the car, got out, and opened Emily's door.
"Hey mommy and daddy." Brian smirked, walking forward to grab our bags while Emily got Gabrielle.
"Hey, Uncle Brian." Emily shot back playfully pulling Gabrielle to her chest. The pink beanie on the baby's head was ruffled as she looked around.
"Oh, Em," Melanie shrieked, "She's gorgeous!"
Emily smiled as Melanie stroked Gabrielle's hand.
For the rest of the day, I watched Gabrielle while Emily slept, showered, slept some more and then soaked in the tub.
At 8 o'clock, we put Gabrielle down to sleep.
"She's gorgeous." Emily whispered.
"I know. We're going to have to set some rules... No dating until she's sixty."
Emily smiled, "We have such an adorable little family."
"Hey, Emily, let's start planning the wedding."
She smiled at me, her eyes twinkled, and then she kissed me.
"Let's."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! just letting you know that this story is almost coming to an end. waaah! i'm sad. do you guys have any new ideas for a story? like, a person? leave it in the comments.