Tequila Shots

I could never leave your bed.

Alex's Point of View
It was already night out. And it was freezing. I shrugged off my hoodie and laid it on her shoulders. She took it but I could tell she was reluctant.
"I've missed you." I said.
She didn't say a word. She glanced around, not being brave enough to look at me.
I sighed.
We had to do this the hard way.
"Look, it'd be nice of you to come with us. I know Brian is staying already and I think you'd have fun. You like traveling and touring is a blast with my band." I chuckled.
She didn't laugh.
She looked up at me finally.
"I used to like traveling before this asshole cheated on me." she spat.
That's a start.
"I didn't fucking cheat on you." my voice sounded bitter. I needed to prove myself.
"So you don't consider kissing, cheating?"
"I do. But i wasn't ki...I didn't...she kissed me." I stated.
"I believe she kissed you. But why didn't you pull away? If you were standing there long enough for me to see, then it must've been a long kiss."
I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.
"...and why, exactly, did she kiss you? Was there flirting? Were you implying that you wanted her to kiss you?"
I grabbed her hands and pulled her body up against mine. I let my face linger closely above hers.
"She. Kissed. Me. Out of nowhere. I wasn't flirting with her, I wasn't even talking to her before it happened. When it happened I was shocked. I froze. I didn't stay there because I wanted to, I stayed there because I was confused. At the time, I didn't want anyone but you. I still don't want anybody except for you. I love you."
Her face softened. And then she looked down and let go and walked back into the bus.
Leaving me in the cold.
-----------------------------------------------------
Brian and Emily ended up agreeing to stay for a week or so.
We drank vodka and played video games. Emily lingering in the background. We all talked. Told stories.
Emily didn't talk.
Her face was twisted with confusion the whole night. Sometimes I'd catch her staring at me. It wasn't a mean stare, just a curious stare.
When it got late. Jack and Zack went to bed. We have one spare bunk. Only one. Brian took it.
Emily refused to take Rian's bunk, saying she couldn't be so rude. I offered, but of course she turned it down. I even offered to sleep on the couch while she slept in my bunk.
No.
She had to be stubborn.
She fell fast asleep on the couch.
I stared at her. Her face peaceful while she slept.
She stirred and then wrapped her arms around herself. She was cold. I covered her body with a blanket and went off to bed.
Needless to say, I couldn't sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
please.
please.
please.
comment.
it would make my day
:)