Tequila Shots

keep me here

Emily's Point of View
When Alex told me he thought I hated him - it pushed me over the edge.
I realized that I was being mean to his band members. I was being mean to Bribo. And most importantly, I was being mean to Alex over something that happened years ago and should be left in our past.
So, I decided to forget about, The whole vacation - though I know it'll be hard especially since I have been dwelling on it for 2 years.
Selena wasn't very happy when I told her my decision.
"Are you calling him Lexy again?" she sighed.
"No...why?"
I had Selena on speakerphone while I was getting dressed for bed, in the lounge room.
The boys were out doing interviews and stuff of that nature while Brian was out watching sets.
"Because if you start calling him Lexy that means you like him."
I laughed.
"No, it doesn't! It was a stupid nickname."
"Emily, I've known you for 12 years. It wasn't a stupid nickname. It was a sign."
I laughed again.
Why did she have to be so complicated?
"I just hope you don't start liking him again. Why would someone like you hang themselves up on someone that's not worth it?"
I felt bad for not telling her my feelings this whole time. She's my best friend. She should know if I'm overly in love with a boy from my past.
But like I said - I didn't need her worrying about me not being over him when I should've been.
A sigh escaped my lips,
"Selena, I forgave him for myself. It feels better to get that off of my shoulders. He's a good guy." I defended myself, even though it was all a lie.
Alex walked in and plopped down on the couch next to me.
"I just don't want him to hurt you. I mean obviously his priorities aren't straight. If he would eat a blonde bimbo's face then-"
"Selena!" I shouted, stopping her.
"What?!"
"Hiiii, Selena." Alex said, in a singsong voice.
He must know she hates him.
"Oh...well....uh....yeah...I have to go...do something." she stuttered, hanging up.
"She still hates me." he said, sighing in satisfaction.
"She doesn't hate you...she just doesn't like you."
"Eh." he dissagreed.
Alex and I spent an hour unpacking the shopping bags and pulling tags off, while I told him about my life since he's left.
I felt back to normal with him - minus the whole boyfriend/girlfriend.
-----------------------------------------------------
It was dinner time.
I wouldn't consider it dinner since it was 9 pm, but that is usually when the band is done with everything.
And that's when the bus starts moving.
The food is never really healthy - just snacks and water.
Tonight we were having TV dinners.
"You gonna eat that?" Jack asked, watching my push around food.
"Probably not." I said, handing him the tray.
He stuck his fingers into the brownie and shoved the whole thing into his mouth.
"Yummaaayyy!" he shouted.
Alex rolled his eyes and they landed on me.
We both smiled.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked.
"Sure."
We walked to the lounge room and looked through movies until we both decided on a movie.
He turned the lights off.
After a few awkward seconds, I leaned into his chest, taking his hand. I began drawing circles.
I looked up to see him smiling down at me.
"I've missed you, Lexy." I whispered, trying for the others not to hear.
"I've missed you, too." he whispered back, squeezing my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
the feedback made me smile :D
keep it up?
posting more if I get enough comments.