My Road Trip

Don't Be Long

Somewhere in the middle of the movie Matty and I were watching, I fell asleep. I mean, I passed the fuck out. So did Matty because when I woke up, my head was at one end of the couch and his was at the other. So that means his smelly feet were in my face. I looked at his feet, they were all up in my grizzle, I narrowed my eyes.

“God your fucking feet reek Matty.” I said shoving them away, causing Matty to fall off the couch.

“Ah what the shit.” Matty groaned from the floor, whacking my legs.

I kicked him back then rolled over onto my stomach. Clutching the pillow tighter, my back out towards everyone. I felt a sudden sting of pain on my butt, my eyes flew open and I shot up. “OW! WHAT THE SHIT!” I yelled rubbing my butt. Curtis was laughing, he was sitting at the table. I glared at him. There was a bag of rubber bands sitting in front of him. “Curtis!”

“What? It is perfect, you gotta admit that. I mean your back was to me, so I couldn’t help myself. And these rubber bands some how got in front of me.” Curtis laughed along with Lee. My face fell flat, still rubbing my butt.

“So are we almost there?” Matty asked getting up and stretching.

“Yeah, in like two hours. So you best start getting ready mate.” Lee said. Matty stretched one more time before walking away to the bunks then bathroom.

“So what am I going to do when you guys are performing?” I asked. Fuck if I was gonna stay on this bus. I gotta get out and stretch my legs.

Curtis and Lee looked at each other then at me. “Go to our show? We can get ya in for free ya know.” Curtis said smiling.

“Oh,” was all I said. I heard the shower going in the bathroom, Matty must be showering so I had to wait to use the bathroom. I stretched myself out, scratching my sides then head.

I got up from my spot and walked to the bunk rooms. I had a compact mirror in my tote, I wanted to check out my hair and see how messed up it was. Probably looked really bad from sleeping. Maybe it didn’t, I was shooting for it didn’t because I didn’t wanna redo it.

I walked into the bunk, passing Matt on my way in. He smiled at me then continued on his way. Oli was laying on his top bunk, his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. He got all his lovely make-up off I see. I thought sitting down on my bunk. Pulling my tote near me, and digging in it.

“You look like shit Remmie.” I heard Oli say from his spot. Not even looking at me. I looked up at him.

“Wow, thanks Oli. That’s the best compliment you have given me so far,” I said sarcastically. I pretended to sniffle and wipe away a tear. I rolled my eyes. “But you looked a whole lot worse earlier. So don’t start shit.” I grabbed my compact mirror and checked my make-up and hair. They were both fine.

“Well I am not the one that made me look like shit, now was I?” Oli sat up in his bunk. Swinging his legs over the side, he stared at me.

“Well, I wasn’t the one who forced their tongue down my throat, now was I?” I threw back in his face. I was having fun with his, Oli knew it. He glared at me. I stood up from my bunk. “Paybacks a bitch huh?” I added as well. Before walking out of the bunk. Glancing over my shoulder at Oli before I walked out. He was still staring at me.

I bet he was frustrated. Here I was, a girl on the tour bus with him. The one girl he probably wants to fuck really bad but he can’t have me. Which I am finding fucking hilarious at the moment but that was just me.

I walked out into the common area. Taking a seat at the table, I didn’t feel like sitting on the couch anymore. Besides, the Matts were taking it up. I sat next to Curtis, Lee sat across from me. Curtis was throwing popcorn into the air and trying to catch it, Lee was doing the same. I saw a bottle of Smirnoff Ice just chilling there. I looked around before grabbing it and opening it.

A piece of popcorn hit me in the face. I just blinked then rolled my head to look at Curtis. He was smiling and threw another one at my face. “Can I help you Curtis?” I asked blinking again.

“Yes, hand me one of those,” he nodded at my Smirnoff Ice. I sighed then got up and got him one. Sat back down and slid it to him.

“Thanks.”

“Mhm.” I took a drink of my own.

“I think you pissed Oli off.” Curtis said throwing another piece of popcorn at me. I sighed.

“Go figure.” I said.

“I mean, when you and Matty fell asleep. He was quiet, I mean really quiet. It was so unlike Oli. He stayed in the bunk room, in his bunk with the curtain closed. We wondered if he died but then we heard him snoring so we didn’t worry.” Lee said.

“He said I looked like shit when I walked into the bunk room.” I added.

“Hmm, hopefully he wont take it out on us and just you. Or maybe at the concert tonight.” Curtis said.

“Thanks.” I said flatly, rolling my eyes.

“No problem!” Curtis said a little too cheery.

I looked out the window, it was getting dark out. The city lights were on and illuminating the sky and road. The streets were packed, probably for the Bring Me The Horizon concert that is in an hour or so. People were stopping and staring at the big tour bus that rolled through the streets. Lee and Curtis opened the window and started waving. Germany kids were going crazy, running after the bus and screaming. Damn. I thought watching the crazy children.

“I guess we better shower and get ready then.” Curtis said. I got out of the seat and let Curtis out. He and Lee wondered back to the bunk room.

I just sat back down and closed the window, turning the light off over the table. I sat there staring at my empting beer bottle. I sighed, looking back at the window. Not really sure what to do with myself. The guys were getting ready I didn’t want to be a pain and be in their way. So I decided that I would just sit here, at the table getting drunk before the show. All the cool kids are doing it nowadays.

Glancing around the bus, I suddenly just felt out of place here. Like, I didn’t even belong on this damn bus. I shouldn’t be treated different from other fans. Sure I was homeless, so what. There are other homeless people out there. There are other fans out there too. So, why was I being treated like this. Touring with Bring Me The Horizon? That’s gotta be everyone’s dream. So then why was I suddenly having a guilt trip. I don’t know but it was starting to bother me a lot.

The boys started piling out into the common area, taking a seat anywhere and grabbing a beer. I decided that I could freshen up a bit. I got up from my spot and walked into the bunk room to grab my stuff. I headed back toward the bathroom and walked in.

Oli was straighten his hair, he glanced at me then back in the mirror. The mirror was big enough for two people to look into. So I walked in and stood next to him. I grabbed my mini comb and teased my hair again. Sprayed some hairspray and decided it was good. Grabbed my eyeliner and reapplied that. I leaned back and looked at myself.

“Why do you even bother with your hair and make-up. It will go flat and your make-up will run at the concert.” Oli said turning his straightened off.

“That is like me asking you why you even bother to straighten your hair. Isn’t it going to just stick to your neck and curl anyways.” I said taking my things and walking out. Grumbling under my breath when I entered the bunk room.

I walked back out into the common area, the guys were taking and drinking still. They looked at me when I walked in. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing, but here is your badge thing. You just show that to the bouncer and you will get right in. You wont have to buy tickets like everyone else.” Lee handed me the badge thing. I could wear it like a necklace, so I slipped that on.

“Thanks.” I said and smiled.

The tour bus came to a stop. I stumbled backwards into someone’s arms. I looked up and saw it was Oli. I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up. He looked at me, shoving his hands in his pockets. “Thanks.” I said abruptly and walked to sit on the couch.

The doors opened and the guys headed off, I followed behind them. The Germany winter air was bitter. It sent a cold stinging pain throughout your body. I wrapped my arms around myself and started to shiver. The guys walked toward the venue then stopped and stood in a circle. Other guys were running around and pushing crates or boxes. My guess it was full of their things. Like guitars, amps, cords, all that fun stuff. I stood next to them shivering, but trying not to show it.

Matty held a cigarette in front of my face. I smiled and took it. Pressing the cancer stick to my lips, it was already lit for me. I lucked out. I took a huge drag. Enjoying the smoke building in my lungs and killing me. I let out the smoke and sighed happily. “Thanks so much Matty, you have no idea how much I have been craving one of these.” I said taking another drag.

“Bloody hell Remmie, aren’t you fucking freezing?” Curtis blurted out. I looked at him chattering.

“Y-y-yeah.” I stuttered. The wind picked up and blew up my shirt. I have just a tank top on underneath my button up shirt. So that breeze burned, I think my body was going numb.

“Geez, where is your coat?” Matt asked throwing his coat at me. I mumbled a thanks and slipped it on.

“On the bus. I didn’t think we’d be standing out here!” I protested, taking a drag and relaxing again. Matt’s coat was warm, and smelt good.

They all laughed and shook their heads. I felt really dumb now. I looked around, the guys were still running around like crazy. I felt sort of bad for them, but then again I didn’t. I finished my cigarette and dropped it on the ground. Stepping on it and smashing it.

“Well, I guess I will head to the front and get a spot. So see ya all in a couple hours I guess.” I took off Matt’s coat and handed it back to him. I hugged myself and walked away.

The front of the venue was insane. There seriously had to be a mile long line of people waiting to get in. I felt my eyes bulge, I couldn’t believe it. I walked up to the front. There was this huge buff guy standing there. Looking at tickets, he looked mean and nasty. I took a gulp and walked up to him. I showed him my badge and he let me in. “Thank you.” I nodded to him and walked in. I could tell I was receiving evil looks from people. Oh well.

It was starting to get packed, I made my way to the front. I was gonna crowd surf again, that shit is fun. I found my spot and stood there. More and more and more people gathered in. I was starting to get squished again. I could smell sweat as well. People were chanting. “BRING ME THE HORIZON! BRING ME THE HORIZON!” if this was under different circumstances and I was not touring with them, I would of chanted too.

Bring Me The Horizon came onto the stage. Everyone screamed louder than the chanting. My ear drums were probably damaged now. Oli smiled at the crowd and gripped his microphone. His eyes landed on me. Of course. I thought, I looked back at him.

He held my eyes, then looked away.

“Man, who knew Hamburg was this crazy. Those fuckers are insane.” Matty said as we exited the venue. Their show was one word: amazing. Like they always are.

“Did you have a good time Remmie?” Lee asked. We were standing in our circle again, smoking cigarettes.

“Yes!” I said jumping up and down. “I fucking got to crowd surf a billion times! I actually went into the mosh pit and punched some bitches teeth out, and pulled some other bitches hair because they were pissing me off!” I was smiling as I told them my story.

“Yeah, I saw you go crowd surfing a lot,” Lee commented. “Looked like fun.”

“Hey Remmie.” Matt said.

“Yes Matt.” I looked at him.

“Didn’t you say your birthday was in a couple days?” he asked.

Oli’s head snapped in my direction, a smirk playing on his lips. “Oh really now?” he asked, looking at me, smirking.

I glared at Matt. “Yeah, she told us she is turning twenty in a couple days.” Curtis continued.

Not helping guys. I thought. Fear was running through my head. What in the world did Oliver Sykes have in mind.

“We should do something!” Matty said.

“Oh we will.” Oli said.

The guys started talking away about what to do for my birthday. Oli kept looking at me, I glared at the ground, Oli, or at the bus. My eyes shifted back to Oli, a smirk still on his lips. “It’s fuckin freezing out here, let’s go.” Matty said.

We all turned and walked toward the bus. I hugged myself tighter, trying not to shiver. Oli walked up behind me, his lips to my ear. “This should be fun.” he whispered and pinched my butt. He walked ahead of me, looking back at me smirking then got onto the bus.

Oh god help me. . .