My Road Trip

Sound Checks & Giggles

We were all standing outside the Luxembourg airport waiting for our tour bus to come. I was sitting down actually on the benches there. I couldn’t support myself all to well, Matty was sitting next to me. My head rested on his shoulder. I weakly brought my cigarette to my lips each drag. I could barely lift my arm, how pathetic is that.

Everyone was quiet, no one brought up me fainting in the Germany airport. Thank the fucking god no one did. I am already embarrassed by that. Fainting in front of Bring Me The Horizon. It is in the past now, we are in Luxembourg, playing at a festival. A rock festival with a bunch of other bands. Some of the bands there are from my birthday party. So this should be exciting to see if they remember me.

Finally a huge black tour bus pulled up. It parked and the door flung open, everyone walked into the bus. I slowly heaved myself up and stumbled into the bus. It was as same as the last one, so I went into the bunk rooms to claim my bed. I got a hold of my tote, I tossed that onto my bed then walked out. I needed some water, I was going to sleep. The guys had sound check to do at the stages.

Opening the small fridge I grabbed a water and headed back into the bunk room. I bumped into Oli on my way there. “Whoa.” I said, Oli caught me so I wouldn’t fall. It seems to be a habit of bumping into Oli lately. I am getting tired of it.

Oli looked at me before letting me go and continued on his way. I shrugged, climbing into my bed. I sighed and got comfy, closing my eyes and hoping that sleep will take me soon. But my mind drifted to my dream that I had on the plane. Now that confused the shit out of me. Oli and I dating? Yeah right, he is this famous rock star that bangs sluts for a living and all the girls wanna be with him. And who am I? This girl that came out of no where, they just happen to so find me homeless in Berlin. I’m a nobody, he’s a somebody. It would never work. . .

Frustrated I kicked the wall of my bunk and flipped over so my back was facing the wall. I got comfy again and closed my once more. Hoping this time sleep takes me. Finally it did.

“THIS DIEASE IS GETTING WORSE! I COUNTED MY BLESSING, NOW I’LL COUNT THIS CURSE- Cut cut! I cant hear anything out of these speakers. No drums, bass, or guitar.” Oli stopped in the middle of singing. Everyone stopped playing and looked at Oli. Even I did, this was the second time he stopped while singing this song.

I chuckled, watching guys run around like weirdos trying to fix the speakers and shit like that. Bring Me The Horizon watched everyone too, waiting to get the signal to let them continue playing. I looked back at my Gameboy, that’s right. I have one of those small Gameboy advances. Oh yeah, mine is red. Be jealous.

I have watched the guys at sound check plenty of times, so this was nothing new when Oli couldn’t hear anything out of the speakers. I laid there on the stage, my legs propped up on one of their box things. Playing my Gameboy advance like a little kid. I felt like a little kid to be honest. Whatever dude, I was having fun.

“Well well, isn’t it little miss Remmie.”

I looked up and saw Alex Gaskarth walking toward me, followed by Jack Barakat. Oh my god, these two remember me. I thought. Little miss Remmie? I glared at Alex.

“Little miss Remmie?” I asked flatly.

Alex laughed and stood next to me, I caught a whiff of beer. I saw a corona in both of Jack’s and Alex’s hands. “Yeah, we’re all older than you. You are little miss Remmie.” Alex said smiling, I rolled my eyes and Jack laughed.

“You guys smell like beer. . . Oh my god, imagine that. You are drinking,” I paused. “At two in the afternoon. It’s not even a five.”

“It is never to early to drink! Hey whatchya playing?” Alex asked kneeling next to me so he could see what I was playing.

“Pokemen. Gotta catch’em all!” I said turning my back on him. No way in hell was he going to take my Gameboy.

“Oh come on Remmie, don’t do that. I wanna catch’em all too! Lemme play.” Alex took my Gameboy from me. He sat cross legged and turned his back on me.

“Hey! Alex give it back!” I reached out to grab it but he turned around again, making me fall on my face. Making Jack fall over laughing, I think they are drunk.

“Hey I caught a Pokemen!” Alex said.

“Yeah, one I probably already have. Now give back my Gameboy fucker!”

“Now that you called me a fucker now I don’t wanna.” Alex said getting up and walked a little ways from me. I leaped up and ran after him.

“Alex mother fucking Gaskarth! Give me my Gameboy back!” I was tugging on his left arm, he was so much stronger than me so it had no effect on him. He kept playing.

“Let the little girl play he Gameboy.” Alex and I both looked up and saw Oli looking at us. Trying not to bust out laughing. I glared at him and tugged on Alex’s arm again.

“Oli! What is goin’ on?” Alex said pounding fists with him.

“Nothing, what brings you two crazy fucks over here?” Oli asked looking at Alex and Jack.

“Wondering if we are gonna party it up tonight.” Alex said.

“To me it seems you already are partying.” I grumble under my breath, glaring up at Alex. Alex looked down at me and smiled, handing me my Gameboy. He patted the top of my head.

“You’re just cute.” he said ruffling my hair. I smacked his hand away.

“Are you drunk?” I asked him. Him and Jack busted out laughing. “I am going to take that as a yes you two are. I am surprised Oli, you are not drunk yourself.” I looked at Oli and he looked back.

“You are cute Remmie, we will catch you later.” Alex said walking away with Jack.

Oli and I stared at each other. “Hey Oli, they said they got the fucking speakers working now. Let’s finish up!” Matty called.

Oli turned on his heel and walked away. He grabbed his microphone and continued where he left off in Chelsea Smile. I glanced down at my Gameboy, I was no longer in the mood to catch’em all anymore. I turned it off, snapping it shut. I tucked it into my back pocket, shoving my hands into the front of my hoodie. I sulked my way back to the bus. Maybe I could finally shower in peace.

I made my way back to the bus, passing people along the way. I stared down at the ground, almost all the bands around here are drunk already. So of course they are gonna make cat calls and whistle at me. Other skanks have not arrived yet. I shook my head before getting on the bus.

Walking toward the bunk room, I grabbed my showering things then went to shower. But my god this shower felt so damn good. I mean, I even shaved my legs. I wasn’t being hurried out of the bathroom because someone had to pee badly. I took my sweet time in the shower, enjoying this because I don’t know when I will get another chance like this again.

I opened the bathroom door, steam poured out along with my sigh of relief. “That was amazing.” I walked to the bunk room to find some clean clothes to wear. I was gonna have to buy some new clothes or wash the ones I have. I wonder if they have a washer and dryer somewhere.

I grabbed my dark blue skinny jeans, along with a black tank top and my neon yellow V-Neck T-Shirt. And my panties and bra, I wondered back to the bathroom and changed, blow dried my hair. I turned on my straightener then walked out to grab something to drink.

Sighing I opened the small fridge. Not much to drink around here, water or beer. Oh wait, I think there is some Lipton Green Tea in the fridge. “Better grab it now.” I snatched it up then walked back to the bathroom. I finished up my hair and make-up.

I finished teasing my hair, I put in a white bow and checked myself out. “Good as it will get.” I said shrugging before leaving.

I think the guys were still at sound check or they were drinking with other bands right now. I am just gonna wonder back to their stage with my Gameboy, maybe, and see if they were there or not.

Walking into the bunk room, I passed by Oli’s bed and stopped. His red and black checkered button up sweatshirt was laying on his bed. I glanced around before snatching it. I didn’t have any sweatshirts and it was just laying there. So I needed something to wear, and this was it. I slipped it on, tucked my Gameboy into my pocket. Then walked back to the stage.

It was a hike but I finally made it. The guys were still in sound check. Going over the songs they were gonna play. They were standing in a circle, Oli was holding a piece of paper and talking with some guys and the other members of Bring Me The Horizon. I walked up next to Curtis and rested my arm on his shoulder.

“There she is.” Curtis said smiling down at me.

“Yeah, I went to take a shower. I enjoyed it, not having someone knock on the door every five minutes saying they need to pee.” I said. The guys laughed while I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, isn’t that my sweatshirt?” I looked up and saw Oli staring t me. I smirked.

“Why yes it is Oliver. I don’t have any sweatshirts with me and this was laying on your bed, I needed one so I just grabbed this one. I knew you wouldn’t mind sharing your sweatshirts with me.” I tried to say in the sweetest voice I could do.

“Oh yes Remmie, I will share anything with you.” Oli was playing right back. I glared at him. Two can play this game.

“Hey! You two are finally getting along!” Curtis said. Apparently he hasn’t caught on that Oli and I are just playing here. I think Matty and Lee did.

“Mmm, I don’t think so. I think they are pretending to get along so we can leave them alone.” Matty said looking between Oli and myself.

“Matty what are you talking about? Oli and I have came to a truce and are gonna be best friends now.” I walked next to Oli and put a arm around his waist and he slipped one around my shoulder. Playing along with me. Thank god. I thought glancing up at him.

“Yeah Matty, why would we pretend something like this? When we know if we pretended we would just end up locked in the closet anyways. Right Remmie?” Oli yanked me closer to him, he squeezed me tighter, smiling down at me.

You are so dead Oliver Sykes. I thought glaring up at him but it turned into a smile. “Of course I know. I would never pretend something like this.” I said elbowing him in the ribs. He just pulled me closer, kissing the top of my head.

The guys looked at us with the ‘wtf’ face. I tried to smile and not glare up at Oli. “See guys, they’re getting along great! Now we don’t need to threaten them with locking them both in a closet.” said Curtis. Apparently he is oblivious.

“Curtis you are retarded.” Lee said.

“I am keeping my eye on you two.” Matty said looking between us.

Me and Oli just smiled, but Oli looked away because he heard girls laughing. “Whatever floats your boat Matty.” I smiled. Matty narrowed his eyes at me before turning on his heel and walking away.

The rest of the guys followed him. I waited ‘til they were out of sight before glaring up at Oli. “You can remove your arm from around my shoulders now.” I said removing my arm from around his waist. Oli tightened his hold on me.

“Nah, I think I am going to keep my arm here for a little bit longer. Those girls over there are glaring at you Rem.” Oli said nodding toward these hoes that were glaring at me. I raised an eyebrow.

“Puh-lease, those hoes are ugly. I could pimp slap them and I would have a pimp hand. But seriously, time to remove your arm.” I said trying to remove it for him. He wasn’t budging.

“Mmm, I bet you could earn death glares from them.” he said glancing down at me.

“How?” I narrowed my eyes at him. I wasn’t liking where this conversation was going.

“Like this.” Oli’s right hand cupped my chin, he lifted my head up to his. The next thing I felt was his lips on mine.

His left arm was around my shoulders slid down my back, he snaked it around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I tried to push him away but he had a death hold on me. My hands rested on his chest, still trying to push him away but failing miserably. His right hand moved to the back of my head, tangling his fingers in my hair. I moved my head to the side so I could speak. He kissed my cheek then down my neck.

“Oli stop it.” I said trying to push him away. I felt his lips brush against my neck before biting me. “Oli!” I shoved him away this time, finally I was out of his arm. I rubbed my neck and glared at him. He stared at me with his hands in his pockets.

I turned on my heel and stormed away. Not even bothering to look back, Oli probably went to go fuck the hoes we saw. I walked back stage and leaned against a wall, letting out a huge sigh.

My neck still tingled from where Oli bite me, and was about to leave a hickey. Or at least I hope he didn’t, he kind of was sucking on my neck before biting it. I rubbed my neck and looked around. No one was around. I bit my bottom lip and let out a giggle. My cheeks were getting hot.

I peeked around the wall and looked at Oli. He was talking to those hoes, they were trying to throw themselves at him. And Oli wasn’t doing anything about it, he had his hands in his pocket and he was looking off into the distance.

Turning back around, I let out another giggle. This time I covered my mouth with my hand. “Heehee.”