If your heart stops beating

Chapter 20

**Author's Note: It took me ages to think of enough padding to fill out a chapter. But with a little help from my friend the expletive I managed to come up with two and a bit pages. It's mostly dialogue... And a lot of swearing. Enjoy! And comment! (Domo Domo)**

~*Frank’s Point of view*~

I woke up, still fully clothed, and with no recollection of how I got there. I rolled over, feeling my belt buckle dig into me. Mikey was still asleep. I sat up and looked at Alec’s bed. Then I remembered yesterday’s events and fell back down, groaning. After a few minutes I got up and changed into clean clothes. Then I went out into the kitchen, where Gerard was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. He looked up as I came in.
“Hey.”
I waved at him and opened the fridge. I must have stood there for about a minute just staring into space before Gerard came up beside me to put his empty mug on the bench.
“How long are you going to stand there with the door open before you finally decide there’s something worth eating in there?”
I looked at him, not really focussing on his face. Then I closed the fridge door and started making toast.
“Earth to Frankie. If you do that you’re going to set the whole house on fire.”
I sighed, realising I had set the knob on the toaster to its full heat vs. time capacity.
“Jesus, Frank, where are you today?”
Gerard took the toaster and bread from me and proceeded to make me breakfast.
“There you go.”
He set the plate down in front of me and sat down on the other side of the table.
“So, are you going to visit Alec today?”
I nodded.
“Of course.”
“You want some company?”
I thought a moment, then shook my head.
“I think I’d rather go alone.”
He nodded understandingly.
Mikey walked in and I choked on my toast.
“Hi Mikey.”
He looked at me suspiciously.
“Why are you laughing?”
“You’ve just woken up, haven’t you?”
“Yeah, so?”
“Your glasses are up-side down.”
He took them off.
“Too true.”
He turned them over and put them on properly, then walked over and opened the fridge.
“There’s nothing decent in here.”
I nodded.
“I know. Have toast.”
“Ok.”
He took a slice off my plate.
“Hey! That’s mine!”
“Deal with it.”
He walked out. Gerard laughed and I glared at him.
“Fuck you.”
I got up and walked out of the kitchen.
“There’s nothing to do in this shit-hole!”
I walked into the smaller of the two bedrooms, where Mikey was busy finding clothes to wear. I picked up my PSP and returned to the kitchen.
“I’m booooored...”
“If you say so.”
“You suck.”
“I know.”
“Fuck you.”
“Fuck you too.”
“Stop being so fucking calm, Gerard.”
“Whatever.”
I picked up a fork and threw it at him.
“Fuck!”
I looked up.
“Sorry.”
He rubbed his forehead where the fork had hit him.
“Fuck you, Frank.”
“This is really pointless.”
“So is life.”
“So’s your mom.”
“Your mom.”
“No, YOUR mom.”
Mikey walked in.
“Your mom.”
Gerard turned around.
“She’s your mom too, you dumbass.”
“Right. I so totally didn’t know that. It was directed at Frank, fuckface.”
Gerard rolled his eyes.
“We’re so immature.”
I nodded.
“I know. It’s fun.”
“Fuck you.”
“Fuck you.”
“Fuck your mom.”
“Your mom.”
“Your mom.”
“Shut the fuck up, losers.”
“No. Fuck you, Mikey.”
I grinned.
“Did you know, Fuck is the most versatile word in the English language?”
Gerard frowned, thinking.
“Hey, yeah, it is.”
“It can be an adjective, a noun, a verb, an adverb, a conjunction...”
“Okay, now you’re way over my head.”
“Aw, did Gerard not do EIGHTH GRADE ENGLISH?”
“Fuck you.”
“Fuck you.”
“Fuck you!”
Mikey rolled his eyes.
“This is going to be tedious.”