If your heart stops beating

Chapter 22

~*Alec’s Point of view*~

There was a knock on my door.
“Yeah.”
Gerard came in.
“Oh, hey Gerard.”
“Hi.”
He sat down in the chair beside my bed.
“What’s up?”
He shrugged.
“Frank’s been really miserable since he came home from visiting you yesterday, and he won’t tell us what’s wrong.”
I sighed.
“We had an argument.”
“What? Really?”
I nodded.
“He asked me how much I got bullied, and he said I could tell him this stuff, and I told him how hard it was telling him because he’s not my father. He said he could imagine, and how was I supposed to know his parents were divorced, I said he had no idea, he was never like me, he had a father. Then he got mad.”
I looked away from Gerard’s worried face and stared at my hands.
“I’ve never seen him so angry. It was really scary. And I asked him why he never told me, and he said because I never asked. And then I said how was I supposed to know what to ask and he just sat there glaring at me, making me feel really guilty.”
“Woah.”
“I know. I’ve never seen him like that.”
Gerard frowned, thinking.
“What happened next?”
“I said I was sorry, and he said no, don’t be, and then he said it was his fault, and he wasn’t on planet Earth, and then he left.”
Gerard nodded.
“He was really vacant yesterday morning. He’s got a lot on his plate at the moment. You know Jamia, his girlfriend? Yeah, well, she wants something more serious. I probably shouldn’t be telling you this, but I think you deserve an explanation for Frank’s behaviour. I don’t want you feeling like it’s your fault, and I’m sure Frank doesn’t either.”
I nodded.

~*Gerard’s Point of view*~

Alec nodded slowly, still staring at his hands.
Poor kid. His whole fucking life has been ripped apart. He doesn’t need Frank’s problems as well.
I leaned forward, putting my hand on top of Alec’s.
“I’ll talk to Frank. Don’t worry.”
He nodded again.
“Okay.”
Then I remembered the other reason for my visit.
“That boy... What’s his name? Kevin. Kevin stopped by yesterday. He wanted me to give you this.”
I took out of my bag a large card, signed by Alec’s friends and most of the kids in his class.
“Apparently he did it of his own accord and without help.”
“Wow...”
He took it, skimming quickly over the signatures.
“I seem to have more friends than I thought I did.”
He looked up.
“If you see Kevin again, thank him for me.”
“Will do.”
I checked my watch.
“Shit. Look at the time. I have to go.”
“Oh. Okay, bye.”
I stood up, picking up my bag.
“See ya.”
I waved and left.

**Author's note: You don't comment, I DON'T WRITE! Comment, bitches. Comments make me feel special**