If your heart stops beating

Chapter 30

~*Frank’s Point of view*~

I stood there, rocking onto my heels, feeling intensely uncomfortable in my tuxedo. Standing beside me was Gerard, and he squeezed my elbow reassuringly. Suddenly the organ started and I jumped in surprise. Everybody stood up as the doors opened.
My God, she’s beautiful...
I couldn’t believe we were finally doing it. Jamia was walking slowly towards me, beaming uncontrollably as her father escorted her down the aisle. As she reached me, she kissed her father on the cheek before stepping forward and taking the hand I offered her.
“This is it...”
She nodded, still beaming, as the priest cleared his throat.
“Dearly beloved...”

***

When we reached the doors of the church, we turned to look one final time at the assembled guests, most of whom were either crying or cheering. Then I grinned and winked at her.
“Wha-?”
Before she could finish I swept her off her feet and carried her through the church doors, out into the sunlight and the waiting limousine.
As I pulled the door shut, she wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a deep kiss. Then she pulled away, smiling.
“I can’t believe we’re married.”
I shook my head.
“Me neither.”
I kissed her again.

**Author's Note: Ha! That's all you're getting of the wedding.**

***

November

“Jamia?”
“In here!”
I poked my head around the bedroom door. She was sitting on the bed, her legs tucked underneath her, reading a magazine. I walked over and sat down beside her.
“You happy?”
She nodded.
“You need anything?”
“Frank, if I want something I’ll get it myself. I’m not that incapacitated.”
I put my hand on her stomach, and after a moment I felt something move under my hand. Jamia giggled.
“She knows you.”
“How do you know it’s a she?”
“Mother’s instinct. How’s Alec?”
I sighed.
“Missing the rowdiness of the guys’ place. But I think he enjoys having a room of his own.”
She nodded, gazing around the room at the boxes we hadn’t unpacked. Then she sighed.
“Christmas soon.”
I grinned.
“And this year Christmas is coming to you.”
She eyed me suspiciously.
“What does that mean?”
“You’ll see.”
I walked out. She called after me.
“Can you get me a glass of water?”
“Ha! I thought you said you weren’t incapacitated. Okay, fine.”
In the kitchen I found Alec. He looked up as I entered.
“This place is weird.”
I nodded.
“I know.”
“It’s so... pink.”
I nodded again.
“I know.”
“Hey Frank?”
“Yes, Alec.”
“Can we paint my room... something not pink?”
“Sure.”
“Yay, thank you. I feel like a girl.”
I laughed.
“You know what? Sometimes I do too.”
I filled a glass with water and headed back into the bedroom.

**Author's not: It's short! Oh no! But yeah... Fuzz.

Oh, and by the way, I haven't skipped out that much. The last chapter was set in late July - early August.. The wedding is in early September. Now it's November. Less than two months missed. Not much happened except a couple of birthdays, and I've written enough birthdays already. Sorry, Mikey, you miss out XD **