Sequel: Holding My Heart
Status: COMPLETE!!!!!

Deadly Kiss

22 "I couldn’t slaughter you"

*********************
Ann’s POV

“Wh...what?”

“I killed your parents but I couldn’t slaughter you.”

I had a flashback of my mother screaming for help. I was downstairs watching cartoons. I remember my dad coming down the stairs telling me to run, hide, and do anything to get as far as I could. I closed my eyes and held in the tears. I whispered, “No.”

“Yes,” He sounded excited, “I hadn’t fed in days. I was starving! Your house attracted me. So I went in and fed on you’re sister. She wasn’t enough.”

“Shut up!”

“I went to your mom and then your father. I saw you and I couldn’t touch you. You captivated me. Amazed me. You were so young, so beautiful, and so innocent. I knew it would be wrong to drain you. Hell, I wanted to. But I didn’t drain you and decided in a few years I would see you again. And I would see how you grew. Then if I liked what I saw I would make you fall in love with me so that I could turn you. Making you mine.”

I got angry and waved the knife at him, “You’re….morbidly ill.”

He smiled, “No. Just in love.”

I wanted to puke. I had a lump in my throat. This whole thing had to be a joke. He continued to smile at me. Cheeky git! He made me sick. This wasn’t right. I can’t believe I had trusted the enemy!

“Why are we here?”

He looked at me as if I was they dullest person on the planet, “Because I can’t have Pete ruining this.”

“I’m not staying here!”

“Yes. You. Are.” The words were serious and filled with anger. Then it calmed down, “You won’t like it for a while, but I promise you’ll have everything you want.”

I got it now. The boarded windows were for him so he could go in every room to be with me. He took me away so I wouldn’t refuse him. He wanted me where Pete couldn’t protect me. I waved the knife at him. I wasn’t going to let him do this. There had to be a way out.

I bolted out of the room and he followed me, “Where are you going?”

“Anywhere away from you.”

I bolted back up the stars and into a room. I slamed the door shut and leaned against it. I heard him come over to the door. He spoke softly, “Ann?”

I caught my breath and let my head rest against the door.

“Ann? Look, I know this is a lot to take in but things are going to be fine. It’ll just be you and me. There is no one here to bug us and no one here to ruin us. We’re going to be so happy together. Ann? I’m going to leave you a lone for a while. Just come see me when you’re ready.”

I slid down the door. What the hell just happened? Brendon killed my parents? He lied the whole time? Who was he? I didn’t know anything about him. Well, that was a lie. I knew he liked me. Was he serious about turning me? God I hope not. Please tell me he was nice enough to respect me.

Alright! Time to get up.
I stood up and walked to the window. I looked at the knife in my hand. Bingo! I pushed the blade of the knife under the nail head and pulled. The nail started to move. Perfect. The nail hit the floor as I worked on another. It also came out. Kay, keep going.

“No. Escaping is bad.”

I felt myself being pulled backwards and I started to struggle, “Let go of me!”

One of his hands took the knife from me, “You’re going to hurt yourself if you’re not careful.”

I heard the knife drop and I felt myself start to feel funny. Like a cold numbness. Out of no where we were in another room. It was the bedroom I was in earlier. It had to be! That made me scared. I heard Brendon huff, “I may have just kidnapped you but I’m still a gentleman. I’m not going to rape you. So relax.”

“Then let go of me.”

I heard a click and my head snapped towards the door. He locked us in here! Evil jerk. I heard him growl and I was shoved forward. I landed on the bed and I turned so I was on my back. I scooted backwards and leaned against the head board. I won’t lie. I was truly scared.

“Don’t be scared. I’m not going to hurt you.”

“You’re probably lying!”

“No, I’m not.”

“Well, It’s not like-”

He cut me off, “If I wanted to hurt you I would have done it a lone time ago.”

“YOU DID HURT ME!”

He closed his mouth and I continued to scream, “You took everything away from me again! First my family then you take my second family away. You haven’t stopped hurting me!”

He had a flash of guilt rush over his face then her regained his composure, “That’s in the past now. You’ll forgive me and eventually you will love-”

I cut him off, “I will never love a monster like you.”

“We’ll see.”

He disappeared and I got off the bed. There had to be away out of this crazy place. I touched the wood at the window. It didn’t want to move forward or backwards. And I had nothing to slam against the wood.

I looked around all the walls. I found a nail and I grabbed it. It wasn’t small enough. I threw it and my eyes went wide. May hair! I reached for a bobby pin and pulled it out. I ran to the door and got on my knees. I slide the bobby pin into the hole and messed around for a bit. No luck.

I was stuck in here! I sighed and I went over to the bed. I collapsed on it and started crying. Baby thing to do but I needed to cry. Just to let everything out. I already was homesick. I missed Pete’s rough rules. I missed Joe’s judgment. I missed Andy’s advice. I missed Patrick’s comments. I missed Jodi’s obsessions. I missed Kaylene’s language and her drunken a*s walking in randomly.

I want to go home!
************************
♠ ♠ ♠
65 readers and 21 subscribers WOOT!
You guys are awesome!
Thank you so much!
I love all of you!!!!!