The Ending That Never Was

Chapter 10

Note: I'M SORRY I TOOK SO LONG IN UPDATING!!

“Chrno! Azu!” Rossette came bounding up towards the pair, seemingly unscathed after coming in close terms with an outraged Sister Kate. These days, Rossette had gotten use to Chrno being around her, and did not mind as much that he was a demon. In fact, she was actually starting to find him cute.

“Rossette,” Azumaria turned and gave the happy-go-lucky blonde a smile. “How was the…talk…with Sister Kate?”

“Ehehe…I’d rather not talk about it,” Rossette mumbled with a sheepish smile.

Rossette looked at Chrno who was staring at the ground, thinking deeply and Azumaria whose eyes were more watery than usual.

“What’s going on?” she inquired as she poked Chrno slightly. “Oi, Chrno, you’re even more silent than usual!”

“Huh?” Chrno jumped out of his daze, not used to being addressed in such friendly terms by Rossette.

“Well, I’ve got to ask Sister Kate about something,” Azumaria smiled nervously as she left the pair.

There was an awkward silence between the two of them. Chrno was thinking hard about his past, the past he and Rossette were supposed to have shared.

“He’s kind of cute, now that I think of it,” Rossette blushed slightly at the thought. “How stupid of me, but…”

“Erm,” Chrno shook Rossette out of her daydreams. “I’m going off now, see you…”

“Yea,” Rossette waved slightly. “See you…”

Left alone, Rossette walked towards Sister Kate’s office, wondering if she could find Azumaria. As she approached the office, she saw that the door was slightly ajar and there was a slight discussion going on. Something in her made her stay quietly by the door, something in her prevented her from bouncing in as usual. She peeked into the room as she heard the conversation going on.

“Chrno says he remembers some things of their past, he says the Joshua is also in them.” That sounded like Azumaria.

“Well, that’d be for sure, after all Rossette and Joshua were together when they met Chrno!” Mnister Remmington’s deep voice came.

“That aside, seemingly, Rossette doesn’t remember Joshua, shall we let her remain so? Or bring her to see him?” This time, it was Sister Kate’s crisp voice that was heard.

Rossette jolted at the sound of her name. “Joshua…” she thought. That name sounded very familiar, she had seen it during some recent flashbacks that had occurred. She tried saying the name. It sounded rather foreign, although slightly familiar, as though it was something she had not said for ages but was welcomed back again.

“…what will Rossette’s reaction be?” Again, her name was brought to the conversation, Rossette stopped trying to give herself a headache by trying to recall who Joshua was and continued to listen to the conversation.

After awhile, she could not take it any longer. She burst into the room, feeling a little angry at the three who were discussing about her behind her back.

“What are you all talking about? Who is Joshua? He sounds familiar to me, yet…yet…I just can’t place who he is! Please tell me who he is!” Suddenly, Rossette found tears streaming down her face and she was almost hysterical.

“Why…why am I worrying so much about this boy?” she thought to herself as she wiped the flowing tears. “Why am I getting so worked up suddenly?”

“Rossette,” Minister Remmington tried to comfort her.

“Just tell me who he is!” Rossette shook him off as she glared furiously at each of them.

“I think she needs to know,” Sister Kate looked at Minister Remmington and Azumaria. “Rossette, you may not remember, but Joshua is your brother, you were looking for him all these while as Aion had taken him away.”

“My…brother?” Rossette murmured uncertainly. “Why didn’t you all tell me this sooner? Why?”

“After the horns were removed, his mentality remains that of a ten year old child…” Minister Remmington closed his eyes. “You did not seem to remember him either, so we were just waiting for the right moment…”

“I-I…want to see him…” Rossette mumbled uncertainly. “Maybe, seeing him will clear this whole mess up…”

xOxOxO

“Come in,” Minister Remmington opened the door for Sister Kate, Rosette and Azumaria. He cast a worried glance at Rossette as she entered, looking pale, but determined.

“Ah,” Joshua looked up with a smile. “You’re back!”

“What have you been doing Joshua?” Minister Remmington smiled at the boy.

“I’m continuing my story, it’s almost finished!” Joshua exclaimed with glee. Looking around, he noticed Sister Kate, Azumaria and Rossette. “You brought guests?”

“Yes,” Minister Remmington bit his lip and smiled.

“Hello!” Joshua greeted them all with a bright smile.

Rossette’s complexion turned pale as her head started to pound. It was as if some sort of gates in her mind had been unlocked, and all her forgotten memories, flowed out.

“J-Joshua…” She held her head.

The fun they had together, they were orphans, they only had each other…pound pound…Chrno…they met Chrno whilst she had dragged him off to explore…thump thump……

“Yes?” Joshua looked at Rossette with a concerned expression. “Are you alright?”

“J-Joshua…” Rossette stammered again, placing her hand on his cheek. “Are you…really Joshua??”

“Yes?” Joshua muttered, looking bemused. “Do I know you? You look...kind of familiar!”

Rossette fell to her knees, tears streaming down her face. Her memories of Joshua and Chrno had all came back to her now.

“Rossette are you okay?” Azumaria rushed to Rossette, who looked like she was in pain.

A series of emotions also appeared on Joshua’s face, confusion, pain, and delight.

“Sis!” He shouted, as he seemingly miraculously recovered his memories. “Sis! You’re back!”

“Joshua!” Rossette cried as she hugged him tightly. “I’ve finally gotten you back…finally…after all those years…”

“Ughh…sis,” Joshua gasped. “You’re suffocating me!”

“At least that’s a problem that we’ve solved,” Minister Remmington smiled to Sister Kate.

“Looks like bringing her here was a good idea,” Sister Kate looked positively delighted as well. “Now, if we can only bring Rossette and Chrno together…”