It just ain't living

Chapter 10 It's the tearing sound of love-notes

Sienna knew that she didn’t have the time to tell her father The results she would have to wait until the evening, Sienna was proud of Mikey and how he was dealing with the situation though deep down his anxiety was slowly kicking in. as Mikey drove to the doctor’s office he constantly reminded himself that sienna was going to be ok and that she would get through this.

Sienna sat quietly in the car looking out the window not really wanting to say anything a thing with her thoughts focussed on beating this.

Finally there Sienna hopped out of the car nervous, worry started to spread through her, holding hands Mikey knew for a fact that he was going to be standby Sienna and support the woman he loved. Once in the clinic sienna spoke to the receptionist and was asked to take a seat.

Not having to wait to long, Sienna was called in to the doctor’s office, she looked towards Mikey asking him to come with her.
Sitting in the small doctor’s office Sienna hadn’t let go of Mikey’s hand, to scared to do so she waited for her doctor to speak.

“Hello Sienna, I’m sorry about the news that you have received…but we need to do some more tests to see where the cancer located, I’m going to have to arrange for you to have a scan so then we can exactly pinpoint it.”
“Ok” Sienna said quietly
Mikey was beside himself now trying to put on a strong face Excuse me Doctor...Sienna is going to be fine isn’t she?”
The doctor looked towards Mikey “At this stage we need to run any tests before we jump to any conclusions...I feel this is the best way” The Doctor replied

After being booked in to have an MRI to see where the clutter of cancer was, another biopsy would be performed, to determine where the cancer was malignant or not. Sienna knew that now was the waiting game and she needed to get her mind off of it. Leaving the doctor’s clinic Sienna asked Mikey to take her straight home as right now she wanted to be by herself, Mikey understood but hoped that Sienna wasnt going to push him away.

Driving her home Sienna got out of the car where she said goodbye to Mikey she wasnt intentionally trying to push away but right now she needed to be by herself so that she could fully understand what was going on with herself and accept that the cancer had returned.

Leaving Sienna Mikey drove home where he found his family and brother all doing there own things, he asked for them all to come to the lounge where he could speak to them, “Sienna and I found out something today...Sienna’s cancer has returned”
“Oh my god” was all Donna could reply
Everyone was in shock on what they had heard they had all come to love Sienna over the short time that they had known her and really felt for her that her cancer had returned
“How’s she doing?” Gerard answered
“Um...ok...she just wants some time by herself, I know she just wants to comprehend everything that has occurred”
“She seems like a fighter Mikey...she has beaten it once she will be able to do it again” Gerard replied
“And what happens if she doesn’t...I love her and I cant even thing of not having her in my life”
“Don’t think that way...you need to be supportive for her and be the positive one, she will need to hear that from you, YOU Mikey have to be the strong one” Gerard said talking to his little brother

Mikey took in what his brother said and hoped that it would indeed turn out that way, back at Sienna’s she had finally told her father what had happened, when finding out he was very shocked and wanted Sienna to get a second opinion “Daddy...we both know it’s true, I will fight this I promise” Sienna replied
“I know honey...I’m your father and I just worry about you, how did Michael take it?” Phillip replied
“Mikey was great Daddy, he has been so supportive, I couldn’t ask for anything else...but right now I just need time to get around this”

Sienna’s father had reverted to calling Mikey Michael as he felt that was his real name and should be called that.

Going to her room Sienna laid on her bed where the tears started to fall, she hated thinking that she had cancer she didnt want to be sick again, having to go thru Chemo and radiation therapy it was all to much and she wasnt sure how much she would be able to take of it.

Staying at home for a couple of days Sienna didnt bother to call Mikey not hat she didnt want to but she found it to hard too, Sienna’s way of thinking was why burden everyone else with my problems when I can deal with them on my own.

Mikey on the other hand was beside himself he had gonna to Sienna’s but her father had said she wasnt there and that he didnt know when she would be back, Mikey knew he was only trying to protect his daughter but at the same time he loved Sienna and wanted to be there to comfort her through this trying time.

By the second day Mikey still hadn’t heard from Sienna and wanted to pull his hair...his inner demons were coming back telling him he didnt deserve Sienna, that she would die.

He was trying his best to conceal it but it was taking its toll on him, Coming in to the third day and still having not heard from Sienna he drove over to her place where he knocked on the door and saw Phillip standing there.

“Hi Mr Wilton...Is Sienna home?”
“I’m sorry Michael but she is not” Phillip replied
“Mr Wilton...please I need to see her I want to be there for her, I know she is there if you can just tell her I’m here”
“I’m sorry Michael...but I think its best if you go...I will let Sienna know you have been here”

Mikey felt defeated he couldn’t understand why Sienna didnt want to see him nor taking his calls it was confusing the hell out of him, Sienna had hear everything Mikey had said she loved him and didnt want to hurt him, Walking down the stairs she walked out the front door towards Mikey.

“Daddy it’s ok...” Sienna replied
Mikey heard her voice and spun around walking up to her he embraced her in a tight hug
“Are you ok” he whispered
“Did you wanna go for a walk so we can talk?” She asked