It just ain't living

Would you carry me to the end?

Sienna felt as though she was ready for today it was going to be her first bout of chemotherapy. Gazing over at Mikey she watched him sleep,

Rubbing his back she softly spoke “Mikey wake up”
Nudging his pillow his eyes fluttered open trying to adjust to the daylight that was creeping in to his room.
“Morning baby” he replied in a husky voice.
Sienna kissed him on the lips while with a free hand she guided her fingers down his back
“we have to get up” she replied cuddling in to Mikey’s warm body, not wanting to move anywhere.

Slowly both got up and got ready for Sienna to go to the doctor’s, Mikey’s family wished her luck and told her that she would be fine, one thing Sienna wasn’t looking forward to when having the chemo was feeling sick, she hated the feeling as it made her feel tired and very nauseated.

Sienna and Mikey arrived in New York where Sienna’s doctors was located, walking into Cabrini Hospital, Sienna walked in there confidently trying not to let this affect her.

Mikey didn’t know what to expect today he had never had to experience anything like this it was truly a wake up call on how life could treat the most innocent people.

“Baby Thanks for coming” Sienna whispered in Mikey’s ear
“That’s alright...I’m here always” Mikey said holding Sienna’s hand tight.

Sienna’s name was called, walking up to the reception Sienna followed a doctor she had never seen before.
“Hello Sienna...I’m Dr Heynatz, But please call me Erica, Today what I am going to do is administer some drugs via a intravenous drip, the needle may hurt when it goes in but other then that you will feel no pain”
“Hi...That’s ok, I’ve had chemo before so I know all about it and what to expect”
“Wonderful...well let’s get to it then”

Kate followed Erica to where she was asked to sit on a hospital bed, Sienna could see other patients there for the same treatment, looking around at them she politely smiled.

After the needle went in the doctor advised that she would return shortly, the general time for the drugs to disburse in to a system could take anywhere from 20minutes up to an hour. Mikey sat there and watched unable to bring any words to his mouth, realisation had really kicked in and he had started to become very worried for Sienna’s health...he loved her and there was so much more he wanted to do with her..But his thoughts were going crazy, he started to think that she was going to leave him alone in this world, he didnt want that, he wanted Sienna part of his life so that they could grow old together.

After the treatment had finished...Sienna felt very tired and wasnt in the mood to talk, her gut was churning and all she wanted to do was throw up but she couldn’t bring herself to do so, she knew this was the drugs taking effect and she only hoped they would work, another appointment had been scheduled in the coming days to see whether the chemotherapy had, had any effect on the cancer.

Dropping Sienna off at home, Sienna was too tired to walk so Mikey carried her up to her bed where he tucked her in and lay beside her
“Mikey...I’m sorry I feel like crap”
“Baby don’t worry about it...Just think positively, your going to beat this...Just promise me you wont leave me”

“I promise...I’m not going anywhere...I just right now need some sleep” Sienna replied as she started to nod off

Allowing her to rest Mikey left her a note asking that she call him later tonight when she was starting to feel better.

Mikey never received that call, Sienna had slept the whole time not getting up to eat dinner the chemo was having a reverse effect on her it was making her feel worse then she had ever felt before, Sienna’s father had started to get worried, so rushed her to the local hospital.

Where Sienna was diagnosed with a high fever, due to the chemo Sienna’s immune system was unable to combat the virus that was ravaging her body.

Phillip finally had the time to call Mikey and let him know what was going on
“Hello may I speak to a Michael Way please”
Donna had answered “May I ask who is calling please”
“My name is Phillip, I am Sienna Wilton’s father”
“Well hello...I’m Donna Mikey’s mother...I’m sorry Mikey isn’t home right now is there any thing I could pass on?”
“Could you please let him know that I have had to take Sienna to the hospital...She is very sick”
“Oh my...I will call him straight away...What is wrong?”
“She has a high fever..the chemotherapy that she had has attacked her immune system, so her body is unable to fight the virus”
“Well Phillip I’m very sorry to hear that, I will let Mikey know...Please call us if anything changes...We are very fond of Sienna and pray that she get’s better”
After ending the call, Donna called her son immediately who was at a band interview, After Mikey had spoken to his mother he spoke to the guys and told them he was leaving as Sienna was in hospital and that he wouldn’t be at any interviews as Sienna was more important.

The rest of the guys agreed and decided to cancel all interviews and decided to accompany Mikey to the hospital. As everyone was dropped off at the local hospital in Jersey, They all went to level 7 where Sienna was, Seeing Phillip Mikey walked over to him
“Phillip I’m so sorry” Mikey said softly
“Thank you for coming...she would want you here” Phillip replied embracing MIkey in a manly hug
Mikey was taken back but didnt care, he was worried about Sienna he couldn’t loose her, and if he did he didnt know how he would cope.

Staying at Sienna’s side the whole night..Sienna woke up on and off - Her body with the help of antibiotics were trying to fight the virus, by the next morning Sienna awoke and saw Mikey asleep in a chair beside her hospital bed.
“Mikey” she whispered
Mikey woke up shocked, had he heard correctly was Sienna awake? Looking toward her he saw her brown eyes staring at him, he leapt from his chair and grabbed her in his arms “Oh baby you scared me...your awake”
“What happened?” Sienna asked confused
“You had a fever, but it looks like the antibiotics have taken effect...coz of the chemo your immune system wasnt able to work like mine”
“Oh” was all Sienna could reply

After Staying in hospital for another day, Sienna was release and ordered to be on bed rest she didnt really want to but knew she had to oblige if she wanted her strength to return.

The following day Sienna went to the doctor’s with her father for a check up to see how the chemo had reacted to the cancer, unfortunately Sienna was going to receive more bad news

Speaking to her doctor Debbie she was advised that the chemo had taken no effect on the cancer and after looking at all the MRI scans and the biopsy results the cancer was spreading through Sienna’s body, Debbie went on to advise that there was no treatment available and as the cancer was spreading rapidly they were unable to operate.

On hearing the news Sienna broke down she didnt want to die she was too young there was so much she wanted to do with her life...and most of all as she continued to think how am I going to tell Mikey