It just ain't living

Chapter 14 I wanna save your heart

Sienna was over the moon but deep down she knew it would be short lived. As it finally dawned on her the realisation that Mikey wanted to marry her she felt in her heart it just wasn’t meant to be, it wasn’t that she didn’t love him it more the fact she would make him a widower eventually and that it could happen sooner rather then later.

Having not told anyone yet both decided to keep it quiet as they wanted everyone to come to terms with Sienna having cancer and understand that there was no treatment available.

Mikey and Sienna decided to go over to the way residence where they would be able to speak to Mikey’s family and could sit them both down, Mikey hadn’t come to terms with it, he wanted to deal with it on his own that his lover was going to die, thinking about it made him cringe and he knew right now he needed to be there for Sienna.

Getting to the Way residence as Sienna and Mikey both walked it, both noticed that everyone was there including Frank, Bob, and Ray - Sienna thought this was good so as then she wouldn’t have to repeat the same thing over and over and get herself down about it.

Greeting one another everyone was happy to see Sienna and glad that she was up and about compared to when they had heard she’d had her first round of Chemo and then was in hospital for a virus.
Gathering one everyone together, Everyone sat down eager to hear then news that Mikey and Sienna wanted to tell them.

“Um...Sienna and I have something to tell you all” Mikey said with his voice quivering
Sienna decided to speak up she felt as though it wasnt right for Mikey to have a burden of telling his own family that his girlfriend was going to die, she wanted the responsibility. So interrupting Mikey she started to speak “What Mikey is trying to say is that...As you know my cancer has returned...well unfortunately...” Tears started to well up in Sienna’s eyes “ The chemo didnt work...my doctor has told me it has spread through my body and it’s in operable”

Everyone stared at her with mouths wide opened unable to say anything, looking around at the faces Sienna could see that they were all deeply shocked, she had grown accustomed to them as her friends as well.

“Sienna I’m so sorry” Frank whispered walking over to Sienna and holding her in a tight embrace
Sienna looked over at Donna who had her own tears falling down her face “Donna please don’t cry...I’m ok with this” Sienna said trying to comfort Donna
“Is there not nothing they can do for you” Gerard asked
Mikey spoke up “We haven’t gone up that avenue yet..That is something Sienna and I are going to look in to”
Everyone continued to stay shocked and unable to say anything “Please don’t feel sorry for me...It’s just my time”
“Don’t ever say it’s your time” Ray replied

Sienna walked outside to get some air where she was left alone for sometime, she needed time to think and mull things over she had began to realise that she was actually coming to terms with dying from the own words that were coming out of her mouth.

While Sienna was still outside Mikey continued to talk to his family and friends
“Mikey is Sienna sure there is nothing the doctor’s can do” Frank asked
“Well...that’s what she told me” Mikey replied
“And how are you coping” Gerard asked
“To be honest...I don’t know..this is huge and I want to be there for her I just don’t know how too...do we just live life to the fullest knowing that one day she is going to die...It hurts so much and I love her with all my heart I cant imagine not having her and knowing that I’m going to loose her...It’s killing me” Mikey replied being honest”
“Only you and Sienna will be able to decide that...Bro you have to be strong for her, tell her that you are going to be there, give her the support that she needs”
“That’s it Gee I just don’t know how to...I’m confused and can you believe I asked her to marry me...It was like I was thinking I cant loose you...I wanted to do it so I did”
“Are you crazy...Isn’t that the last thing she would have wanted” Ray asked
“Nah man...she said yes” Mikey said with a small smile on his face
“Mikey go and get her...seeing we have some happy news” Donna said speaking up

Walking outside Mikey noticed how Sienna was taking in the fresh air looking up at the sky
“Whatcha doing?” he said
“Just thinking...”
“About what”
“Us”
“Why?”
“I’m just a little scared...do you think maybe we have rushed getting engaged and everything...the reality is I’m not going to be around for soon and I don’t want to put you through that”
“Sienna Wilton...Don’t ever think that, I love you and I want you as my wife and we will cherish the time that we have together” Mikey said kissing Sienna on the lips
“Oh by the way I kind of let it slip that we are engaged”
“Mikey...”Sienna said tapping Mikey on the shoulder

Walking inside again Sienna was ambushed by everyone wanting to give her hugs and kisses and congratulate her, but also welcome her in to the family, At this stage everyone seem to put the bad news to the back of there minds and celebrate the happy news.

After sometime Mikey dropped Sienna off at home, Sienna had told Mikey that right now wasnt the best time to tell her father and that they would tell him soon.

Leaving Sienna Mikey drove back to his house where he could feel the anxiety taking over, worry was consuming him and it was as though he had no where to turn, he didnt want to face his demons again but they were being unleashed...how would he cope, would turmoil take over and would he be able to get over it.