It just ain't living

Chapter 17 Through fortune and flame we fall

Arriving at the airport Sienna and Mikey booked a first class flight to Vegas. There flight was leaving in the next hour, Sienna was excited by her spontaneous decision. Mikey was still feeling the Valium and was in a relaxing mood looking forward to the prospect of making Sienna his wife.

Both knew that they could have just gone to a registry in New York but both this would be more fun and exciting. While they were waiting Sienna rang the Palms hotel and booked a room via Mikey’s credit card, Sienna hated wasting Mikey’s money, Mikey on the other hand didnt care he just wanted to make Sienna happy and spoil her as much as possible.

During the flight Mikey slept while Sienna watched in house movies to keep her self occupied. Due to the 3 hour time difference it was only 11pm when Sienna and Mikey arrived at there hotel and neither were tired.
Getting to there room both had a shower and got changed.

Mikey decided to take Sienna shopping so she could buy a simple white dress, after looking in many stores Sienna found the dress that was meant for her. It was a simple white dress which was strapless with the length falling just above her knee. Mikey got him self some new pants and a casual top.

Back at the room both were still wide awake even though it was nearly 2 am
“When do you want to do this” Sienna asked
“Now...Coz I love you and I don’t want to wait another minute for you to become my wife” Mikey replied with a huge grip on his face

Sienna quickly got changed she put her white dress on with some silver heals and lightly put some make up on, Mikey also got changed. Once ready they went searching for the closest 24hr wedding chapel.

Arriving at the wedding chapel ‘A little Chapel of the Flowers’Mikey and Sienna were greeted by a receptionist who asked them what they wanted
“We would like to get married and use our own vows” Sienna replied with a smile on her face
“Ok well we can perform that for you now if you like, do you have any witnesses?”
“Ah..NO” Mikey replied
“That’s fine ...if you don’t mind having our staff here they will witness the wedding for you”
“Ok”
“Well if you will follow me I will take you to meet our ordained minister”

After meeting the ordained minister Sienna and Mikey were ready, Mikey felt so relaxed from the Valium as it was still affecting him.
Mikey stood at the alter waiting for Sienna to walk down, Once the music started playing he knew there was no turning back, Sienna walked down the aisle looking beautiful with a huge smile on her face she couldn’t believe what she was doing and she wasnt going to turn back the man in front of her she loved with all her heart and she would give him as much happiness as she possibly could.

Standing beside each other and holding hand the minister began talking
After some short time Mikey was asked to speak his vows “ In sickness, I will nurse you back to health. In health, I will encourage you on your path. In sadness, I will help you to remember. In happiness, I will be there make to memories with you. In poverty, I will do all that I can to make our love rich. And in wealth, I will never let our love grow poor.”
Mikey continued “When you need someone to encourage you, I want it to be me. When you need a helping hand, I want it to be mine. When you long for someone to smile at, turn to me. When you have something to share, share it with me.”

Sienna could feel tears of happiness falling down her face, the minister now asked her recite her vows “I Sienna choose you, Mikey, as my everything. I vow to love you through sickness and health, through the good and the bad, through richer and poorer. You are everything I need, and at this moment I know that all my prayers have been answered and that all of my dreams have come true.
This is the moment I have waited my whole life for. I promise to give you my all and I know that I could not ask for more from you. I love you and always will. This is my solemn vow. "

Sienna continued"We have already been through a lot together, and I believe that God has been preparing us for this moment and for our future together. I promise to keep the good memories alive, and to let the bad ones die. I vow not to let the sun go down on our anger, and to treat each morning as a new day to love you, the gift I have been given.
I will not forsake you or these vows that we have made, but rather strive to show you my love for the rest of our lives. This is my promise to you.”

The minister spoke once again “ please exchange rings” Mikey done this while Sienna had been shopping he had bought 2 simple gold bands hoping that one would fit Sienna’s finger, placing it on her it did. “With the power vested in me by the state of Nevada I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, Mr Way you may kiss your bride”

Sienna blushed not believing that Mikey was now her husband, With one swift mood Mikey grabbed Sienna in his arms and kissed her passionately

After they had finished kissing both had there photo take behind a Las Vegas back drop and then one with the minister, once the marriage certificate was signed both looked at it for what seemed for ever trying to believe what they had just done.

“Mr Way” Sienna replied
“Yes Mrs Way” Mikey replied laughing
“I love you”
“I love you too”

Mikey trip of the Valium was wearing down and for once he didnt mind, all he cared about was enjoying this special moment with Sienna.

Heading back to the hotel they walked around the grounds with Sienna still holding the bunch of flowers the wedding chapel had given her, they walked in to a room where a live band were playing.
“Sienna my wife...will you have this dance with me” Mikey asked
“I’d love to Mikey my husband” Sienna said smiling

Hitting the dance floor Mikey held Sienna in his arms while they glided around the floor for the first time as a married couple. After the dance both headed back to there room a little tired “Mikey let’s consummate our marriage” Sienna said laughing
“What a great plan” Mikey said laughing

Both had forgotten about there problems for this short while, while they enjoyed there first night as husband and wife, only the next day would see how everything was going to pan out and if Mikey would go back to his drug taking.