It just ain't living

Chapter 18 I'll kiss your lips again

As the sunlight from outside crept in between the curtains Sienna and Mikey slowly woke up. Mikey rolled over so he could see Sienna looking at him “Hi” Sienna groggily replied.
Mikey smiled and kissed his new wife softly on the lips “Good morning Mrs Way” Mikey whispered.
Sienna smiled at Mikey’s remark. It dawned on her that in fact she was now married to Mikey.

“Mikey I think we should tell everyone where we are, especially my dad I don’t want to worry him more then he already is”

The effect of the Valium had fully worn off and Mikey was really seeing clearly he had was actually happy he didnt want the thoughts of Sienna’s cancer coming in to his mind and he was able to block out the bad thoughts, At this moment Mikey was happy regardless of what life had in store for him at this moment. MIkey was going to live by Sienna’s words to cherish the time they had together.

Grabbing her cell Sienna dialled her home in Belleville where her father answered “Hi Daddy”
“Where are you? I’m worried sick, you had doctor’s appointments and you didnt turn up” Phillip said
“Sorry Daddy, I’m in Las Vegas with Mikey”
“What are you doing there?” Phillip roared down the phone line
Sienna didnt like the way her father sound and the last thing she wanted to do was aggravate him anymore but at the same time she knew there was no going back now.

“Well..um.. The truth is Mikey and I got married” Sienna said very quickly
“Sienna this is no time for jokes”
“It’s not daddy...it’s real, please don’t get angry I wanted this...Mikey makes me so happy” Sienna replied

Phillip was angry he couldn’t understand why his own daughter was betraying him, he had put up with Mikey for the sake of his daughter and was slowly warming to the idea of having him in Sienna’s life, But marriage now that was different as Phillip saw it ever since his daughter met Mikey she had changed and in his eyes not for the best but for the worst and to him enough was enough he wasnt going to loose the only child he had...he wouldn’t.

“Sienna as your father...Come home immediately, we need to get this marriage annulled, How stupid were you...Your sick Sienna and I want you to get better that is the most important thing”

Sienna was getting angry and Mikey could tell by her facial expression, he rubbed her back to calm her down but she instantly got up from where she was sitting and started to yell at her father “Don’t you get it daddy...I have cancer...I’m not going to survive...This cancer is going to kill me, Cant you let me have a little happiness that’s all I ask...I love Mikey and I’m staying put” Sienna closed her phone and stood for a moment in quietness.

Mikey wasnt sure what to say, he knew that Sienna was strong so rather he got up from where he was sitting and pulled her in to his arms. Sienna didnt want to think about what just happened so rather she took it in her stride
“Let’s call your family”
“Ok” Mikey replied

Gerard answered the ringing phone “Hey Gee what you doin?” Mikey said
“Yeh Great bro..you ready to come back from NY?”
“Sienna and I are actually in Vegas...We got married”
“Fuck off...No way” Gerard replied laughing
“Yeh man we did, we just went with our hearts”

Gerard was shocked at what his little brother had told him but at the same time overly excited, he had seen the way Mikey was with Sienna and knew that what they had was true love and he thought it was wonderful they had followed there hearts.

Mikey proceeded to talk to his brother and then to his family who were happy that Sienna was now apart of there family but disappointed that they hadn’t been there for the ceremony, Mikey went on to explain that when they got back to Jersey they were both going to plan a small ceremony.

For the rest of the day both lazed around watching movies and enjoying there time together as a married couple.
Both had talked a lot and Mikey explained to Sienna that MCR was going on tour which she was aware of and that Mikey wanted Sienna to come along as well which she happily obliged.

Sienna went on to ask what they were going to do for living arrangements as they both hadn’t even thought of it.
“Um...well we could stay with my parents or we could look for something, coz um I don’t think you r Dad will want me staying at your house”
Sienna just nodded.

Being able to relax was a great joy for Sienna as she knew when she got back to Jersey she would have to face reality with that being her father and also her cancer, she hadn’t felt so good in such a long time, but she knew the disease was ravaging her body killing her slowly day by day and that eventually her end would come.

Mikey hadn’t thought about Sienna being sick which also meant he hadn’t taken any more Valium for the day, he knew that popping pills was stupid and he couldn’t continue to lie to Sienna. It had to stop he continued to think...there’s more to life, I love her...I need to be there

Both had enjoyed there time in Vegas but tomorrow it was back to Jersey where Sienna would feel her father’s wrath, she was ready for it and was going to stand up for what she believed in, Mikey wasnt scared he was going to get better to be there for Sienna and to use all the courage that he had.