It just ain't living

Chapter 19 Your memory will carry on

Getting back to Jersey Sienna had a few concerns she was more nervous then she thought she would be, health wise she couldn’t have felt better, it was the fact that both her and Mikey were now outside her childhood home where Sienna had grown up and lived all her life and inside she knew waiting was her father.

Grabbing her keys out of her bag with Mikey holding her other hand, Sienna unlocked the front door and with Mikey walked inside where she called for her father “Dad are you home?”

Sienna could hear movement coming from the kitchen, Both Sienna and Mikey waited in anticipation for Phillip to come in to the lounge. Mikey wasnt scared but he was upset that Sienna’s father wasnt happy for her and as Sienna’s husband he would take no shit, he would lay it all on the line if it was deemed necessary.

Phillip walked in to the lounge with an angry look on his face, “What are you doing here Sienna?”
“I came to see you Daddy...To talk things over”
“Sienna you said it all yesterday...I am very disappointed in you..In both of you” Phillip replied directing his conversation at both of them.
Mikey looked up “Excuse me Mr. Wilton...How can you be disappointed, we are both adults living our own lives...And I love your daughter with all my heart..Cant you see that?”
“Michael...I’m trying to do what is best for my daughter...and you son are not what is best for her, I was happy to deal with you being her boyfriend...But NO I will not accept that you have married my daughter and you done it with out my permission”

Sienna was saddened by the words that were coming out of her father’s mouth the last thing she wanted to do was push her father away but to her it was like there was no choice.

Sienna stood up from where she was seated “Dad If you cant accept that I am married to Mikey and that I’m an adult in my own right well I’m sorry but I don’t want you to be apart of my life”
“Sienna don’t be crazy” Phillip replied
“I’ve never been more serious...I intend to live what time I have left pleasantly the last thing I need is you disapproving of me and my husband” Sienna said proudly “I will be getting the belonging’s I require and the rest well I don’t really care what you do with it, I’ll be back tomorrow while your at work and I will leave the keys on the kitchen bench”

With that Sienna walked out of the lounge and out the front door with Mikey behind her, her father came running and yelled “Do what you like Sienna...I tried my best with you, but you have been plagued by this boy”
“Go to hell” Sienna screamed back.

Getting in to the car Sienna was shaking, Mikey placed his hand on her thigh “ Baby are you ok?”
Sienna couldn’t talk she had used all the energy that she could muster to stand up to her father and now she had pushed him out of her life for good.

The drive back to Mikey’s parents house was a quiet one, getting out of the car Sienna walked in front of Mikey and straight in to the house where all Sienna heard was “SURPRISE!!!”
Sienna jumped a mile and screamed, Mikey came running to see what happened when all he heard was “SURPRISE!!” as well
Mikey flicked the lights on to see his parents, the guys with there partners and a sign that read ‘Congrats to MR & MRS WAY’

Sienna had a big smile on her face she couldn’t believe the effort Mikey’s family had gone to in giving them a surprise party for there recent nuptials.

Frank ran up to Sienna where he grabbed her in to a big bear hug “Welcome to our insane family”
“Aww thanks Frankie”
Gerard came up to Sienna and pulled her in to an embrace and whispered “Welcome Sienna, I hope Mikey can make you as happy as you do for him.
“Aww Gee that’s so sweet..Thank you” she replied pecking him on the cheek.

Mikey was over the moon that everyone was happy for him, the all understood the situation with Sienna and her cancer but they didnt treat her any differently, Just like any other normal person.

The party last the entire evening and Sienna was glad when she was able to go to bed. Once her head hit the pillow she konked out.
Mikey crept in beside her where he held his new wife the whole night.

A few weeks had passed and MCR were now on tour, Sienna was getting used to the idea of travelling around on a cramped bus but other wise she was throughly enjoying it, during that time, she had been planning a small wedding back in NJ and just relaxing she had gone to regular doctor’s appointments in each state MCR went to, where doctor’s would check her health and make sure the cancer wasnt progressing rapidly. Sienna and Mikey had both talked about it and had decided to go for a second round of Chemo as Mikey saw it what did they have to loose.

Her appointment were going to keep her away from the tour for a couple of weeks as Sienna was going to have intense chemotherapy to see if that could combat the cancer, During that time Sienna would be staying with Donna and Don as they classified her as there daughter.

Everyone was excited and prayed that this round of Chemo would combat the cancer, Mikey was worried but hadn’t gone back to taking the Valium, rather he was dealing with his feelings by opening up to Sienna which she loved.

Sienna headed back to Jersey where Jamia would come with her for the chemo sessions as both had bonded and become close friends due the short course that they had known each other, only time would tell if the chemo would bet the cancer or if Sienna was truly sentenced to death from such a horrible disease.