It just ain't living

Chapter 20 Counting your face among the living

Sienna was sitting at the hospital in Jersey waiting for her doctor to arrive where he would administer the drugs in to her body which would hopefully overcome the cancer, Waiting patiently Sienna was getting bored and could see that Jamia was as well

“Jam...thanks for sticking around and being here for me”
“Sye..anytime babe” Jamia replied with a smile

The doctor came in and advised Sienna of the procedure which she was well aware off as she’d had this procedure done numerous amount of times.
The drugs were administered into Sienna’s drip, this was a heavy dosage and would leave Sienna feeling very tired afterwards and needing a lot of rest.

After the procedure was done, Sienna was wheeled out in a wheel chair to Jamia’s car where she was placed in to the passenger side and buckled in, Sienna was able to talk but to tired from the drugs that had entered her system.

Jamia called Mikey “Hey Jamia...How’s she doing?”
“She’s pretty tired, We have to go back in a few days for a higher dosage...I swear Mikey she’s so brave and always in smiles”
“That’s my girl...So when do you find out if the treatment has been successful?”
“The doctor said in about a couple of weeks, he said it looks promising but not to hold our breathes as he had seen Sienna’s scans and it showed that the cancer was spreading around her body”
“Tell I love her”
“Will do...Tell Frankie I love him”

Both hung up, Jamia got in her car where she saw Sienna had her eyes closed, Jamia drove the short drive to the Way residence where she woke Sienna up
“Come on Sye we are here, I need you to help me soi can help you to bed”

Sienna opened her eyes looking out of it, With the help of Jamia Sienna got out of the car where both girls walked to the front door and let themselves in.

Donna rushed over to help Jamia where they took Sienna up the stairs to Mikey’s room where after tucking her in to the bed, Sienna closed her eyes and fell asleep again.

A week had passed and Sienna had already had another bout of chemo, her doctor’s advised that they were going to be looking at the results to see if the aggressive form of chemo was combatting the cancer. Sienna had never felt so tired or weak in her life, the chemo was leaving her barely able to stay awake or she would feel nauseated.

Sienna had barely spoke to Mikey as she was usually asleep when he called and when he wasnt she wasnt really able to hold a conversation. Mikey hated being states away from his wife he wanted to be the one nursing her back to health but he was aware she understood that he had commitments he was unable to get out of. But as MIkey continued to think he couldn’t stay on the tour the woman he loved needed him and he wanted to be there.

So Mikey ended up sitting down with the guys and there management and explained the situation of how he wanted to be there for his wife, how he needed to be. Everyone understood where Mikey was coming from and wished him the best.

It was decided that Mikey would leave straight away and that there would be a posting on the official MCR website and Myspace which Gerard had advised he would write.

Gerard wrote his letter before Mikey left so he could proof it and make sure it was ok to put on the website.

Hey Guys,
We like to keep all of you in the loop because although you are fans we see you as our friends...
I'm very proud to announce my brother's recent marriage. Watching him grow up into a man and finding love makes me the happiest brother alive.
In light of this joyous event, the band has decided to give he and his wife a much needed break from the road to start a life and have a proper honeymoon and do all of the things a newlywed couple should do.
I know this is upsetting news, as it is for us, but we will continue to tour with a temporary replacement until he has situated himself in his new life.
We thank all of your for your love and support, and know you are all as happy for him as we are.
See you on the road,
Gerard


(I thought this fitted in perfectly with my story)

Mikey was rapt at what Gerard had written “Gee this is great..Thanks”
“Anytime bro I didnt want to say anything about Sienna’s chemo so I just left it at you guys were gonna have a well deserved honeymoon...you just be there for Sienna...She will get through this..just be there to support her”

Mikey hugged his brother and said goodbye before heading off to the airport where he would soon be with the woman he loved.

Sienna awoke to her cell ringing, answering she was happy to hear the other voice “hey baby...”
“Mikey...I miss you”
“How ya doing baby?”
“I’m so tired...I got another session tomorrow and then my doctor’s will let me know how the treatment is going, I wish you were here with me”
“Well babe I am...The band and I discussed it...and we all think it’s best if I’m with you, They are posting a letter on the web to let everyone know I wont be in the band for a while...I wanna be there for you”
“Aww Mikey that makes me so happy..I love you...When will you be home?
“Let’s just say I’m already home, downstairs to be exact...do you feel well enough to come down stairs”

Before Mikey could get a reply he could hear footsteps up stairs and someone slowly walking down stairs, looking up he saw that it was Sienna, he bolted to where she was and scooped her up in his arms and planted a kiss on her.

After lingering for a few moment’s he carried Sienna down stairs where he placed her on the sofa, she curled up in his arms just glad to have him home and be by her side as tomorrow they would be going back to the hospital for Sienna to have more chemo and then shortly after that they would get results, hopefully resulting in that the chemo was working. Only time would tell how it panned out.