It just ain't living

Chapter 21 Come angels of unknown

Sienna was happy that Mikey had come home to her, glad that he would be there to help her.
Since her argument with her father Sienna had not spoke to him, she harboured no ill feelings towards him if anything she was just angry. Phillip had heard from people at church that Sienna had gone in for another round of chemo. He was immensely proud of his daughter trying to combat the viral disease that was plaguing her body.

Phillip knew he had done wrong by over reacting when rather he should have been happy for his daughter and new son in law and full of support rather then brandish them.

Sienna had arrived at the hospital with Mikey, From the look of people Sienna could see that Mikey was getting recognised as the celebrity he was. It had never really crossed Sienna’s mind that Mikey was famous she saw her husband as just another person doing what they loved and who was adored by many.

Mikey held his wife’s hand tight, he wanted her to know that he was there for her all the way, Sienna was used to the protocol when it came to administering the drugs in to her drip. She hated the aftermath of it where it would cause her to feel sick but she hoped that this would allow her to survive to be able to spend a long life with her husband.

The needle was placed in to Sienna’s vein while Mikey watched he squinched in fear seeing the needle go in to Sienna’s arm he thought it must have hurt as it was so huge, but he was proud of her not once complaining.
Mikey knew if Gerard had seen the needle he would have fainted as his brother was deathly afraid of needles.

Sienna sat on the hospital bed for the next 30minutes allowing the drugs to enter her system, slowly it was making her tired, Mikey could see her energy being drained from her. By the time the procedure was finished Sienna was tired, unable to fully move she was placed in to a wheel chair and wheeled to Mikey’s car.

The drive home was a quiet one Sienna was too tired to talk so rather Mikey carried her to bed and got ready to wake her in the afternoon for her doctor’s appointment where the specialists would let her know how the chemotherapy was going and if it was being successful.

Mikey didnt know what else to do he allowed Sienna to rest so decided to call the guys and see what they were up to
“Hey Bro”
“Hey Gee..how’s the road?”
“It’s awesome, your fill in is fine doing really well...how’s my sister?”
“She’s asleep..She’s doing well but the intense chemo is leaving her so tired man”
“It will do that..but just know it will be worth it in the end”
“Yeh I know..I hope so...she’s real glad to have me home so I know I made the right decision”
“Awesome..bro gotta go..time to hit more interviews..I’ll talk later...let us know how today goes ok?”
“Sure bye!”

Mikey hung up and went to check on Sienna, Walking in to his room he saw that she was out of bed looking for some clothes to wear “Baby how come your up?”
Sienna turned around “Hey I felt like I had energy and I wanted to move around sleeping just wastes the day away and I don’t want to do that anymore”
“Sienna I think you should get more rest we don’t have your appointment till a little later on”
“Mikey I don’t wanna rest”
“Please Sienna for me?”
“Gee Mikey...I told you know...heck if I die I’ll be able to rest for ever” Sienna said snapping

Almost immediately Sienna realised what she had said, Mikey was shocked this was the first time him or Sienna had even snapped at each other
“Mikey I’m sorry I didnt mean what I said...I really just cant rest anymore”
“I’m sorry to..I just want you to feel better that’s all”

Sienna walked over to Mikey and kissed him on the lips and pulled him over to the bed where he fell on top of her which made Sienna giggle “Trying to squash me are you?”
“Hmm...maybe I’ll make a Sienna sandwich” Mikey replied

Sienna didnt have a lot of energy but she hadn’t been close with her husband now for a while and more then anything she wanted to feel his touch as she saw it the doctor said to carry on with her life and to be as normal as possible
Sienna started to pull Mikey’s t-shirt off, he knew what she wanted but decided he was going to make sure she fought for what she wanted he wasnt going to give in so easily.

Sienna hadn’t caught on why Mikey was being difficult with her while she tried to advance him, in the end she got her way - there love for one another was explosive both couldn’t fathom being apart from each other.

Sienna had a quick shower and got changed ready for appointment she was actually looking forward to it, to be able to know how the chemo was doing and if maybe this time it was working.

Sienna arrived with Mikey to the doctor’s clinic in Jersey where they went straight in to the doctor’s office
“Hi Sienna How are you feeling?” Sienna’s doctor asked
“I’m doing ok Debbie...just looking forward to knowing the results” Sienna replied
“Well I’ll get straight to it” Debbie pulled out some scans and put them up on the fluro light “As you can see this one here is before you started the chemo and this one here is a scan that was done this morning showing that unfortunately the cancer isn’t shrinking..I’m sorry to say Sienna but the high dosage of chemo has not worked”

Sienna looked at the doctor blankly, no emotions and no thoughts. Mikey couldn’t believe what he was hearing he really thought they had a chance “Is there nothing else we can try...like radiation?” Mikey asked
“I’m sorry if anything all we can do is offer Sienna some comfort in pain medication”
Mikey went quiet unable to say anymore words, Sienna finally spoke “How long do I have?”

“Well Sienna I don’t think you should think about that right now”
“Debbie please how long?” Sienna pleaded
“Um..anywhere from 3-6months maybe a year...I so sorry to be the one to tell you this, the cancer is very aggressive”
“Sienna I’m going to make an appointment for you in a few days so you can come to terms with this news and then we can discuss alternative medication to combat any pain or discomfort”

Sienna had no more words, she had finally been dealt her death sentence.