It just ain't living

Chapter 23 Because the drugs never work

Sienna drove to the old hall where her and Jenn use to hang, Sienna didnt know why she was going out really she should have stayed at home and handled the current situation better but her instinct was to get out in which she did.

Opening the hall door’s Sienna could hear guitar rifts it was a catchy tune and Sienna started to bop along to it, getting in further she saw her friend still looking very much the same she smiled as she caught Jenn’s attention.

“Holy Fuck, Sye is that really you” Jenn said laughing

Jenn ran over to her and tackled her to the ground “Hey Jenn” Sienna said out of breath after having the wind knocked out of her.
Sienna got herself up and continued to smile. She could see that jenn hadn’t changed one bit, still the same energetic person she knew.

“Gee Sye I swear it’s been forever...Why has it been forever?” Jenn asked
“I don’t know Jenn..I guess we kind of went our own ways”
“Yeh that’s so fucking true...but we cant let it happen again”
“Well that’s why I’m here...I have some bad news and I was thinking of you”
“What BAD news?”
Well remember when I had cancer?”
“Yeh you beat that shit, Stupid cancer!” Jenn said jumping around the room “Sorry too much sugar”
“Well Jenn it’s returned...but this time there’s nothing the doctor’s can do”
Jenn stopped dead in her tracks having heard what Sienna had said, she turned around and slowly walked up to where Sienna was standing
“Huh...You cant leave me...you just got here” Jenn said trying to break the sad news, Sienna let out a giggle.

The girls caught up for a couple of hours and Sienna went on to explain that she had married the bass player from MCR, Jenn got real excited as she was a huge fan of MCR and came out with one of the questions that she could only ask “So what’s he like in bed?”

Sienna started to blush “Sienna don’t get all quiet on me...you guys have to be doing it right?”
“Um...yeh we are...he’s awesome”Sienna said quietly
“Come on girl be proud!! Don’t let sad news get you down...enjoy what you have, So is he big?” Jenn said cracking up laughing
“Jenn...” Sienna replied
“So he is...even better!”

The girls continued to talk until Sienna’s cell started to vibrate, looking at the called ID it was Mikey, Sienna looked over at Jenn “I gotta take this”

Sienna answered her phone “Hey baby where are you” Mikey asked
“I’m catching up with a friend...I needed to get out and just breathe”
“Will you be home soon?”
“Yeh I’m coming now”
Both hung up “Sorry Jenn that was the hubby...this has been awesome we have to do it again”
“Sure girl...how bout next week?”
“Sounds great”
Both girls hugged and said there goodbyes

Sienna arrived back home to Mikey looking a lot better to what he had been when he had found out that Sienna’s cancer was not curable, Sienna was taking it all in her stride not willing to show her feelings as she wanted to be strong to live what life she had to the fullest.

As the week went by Sienna’s health started to deteriorate, she never got to see her friend again as by mid week she was rushed to hospital with a high fever.

Mikey was going out of his mind, Sienna hadn’t been responding to the antibiotics and her fever was making her temperature dangerously high, she had been in out of consciousness not making any sense when she was awake.
The doctor’s braced Mikey and his family along with Sienna’s father for the worst, they felt that if Sienna didnt improve with in the next 12 hours it would then only get worse.

Mikey sat by his wife’s hospital bed holding her hand “Baby I love you so much, please hold on and fight this..but baby if you cant that’s ok you let go then and be the butterfly that you are” Mikey said as tears rolled down his face.

He hated to see his wife suffer, he wanted her to have no pain just comfort, If he could wish for anything or to take her place he would have in an instant. Too afraid to let go, Mikey held on to her hand as he slowly closed his eyes and nodded off

Sienna’s father came in and sat down besides Mikey where he stared at his sick daughter and the man that was sticking by huis daughter’s side, he so wished he could bury the hatchet with his daughter, his love for her was more then anything, he needed her to survive his only child he couldn’t bear to loose another person he truly loved.

A day had passed and Sienna’s vitals were changing the doctor’s advised that she was fighting this and the medication was working, with in the next hour Sienna awoke to a bunch of familiar faces looking down at her full of smiles.