It just ain't living

Chapter 27 To this tragic affair

Laying in the hospital bed yet again, Sienna could feel all the pain she wished for it to end, to leave her body so she could have some peace. Mikey was beside himself afraid that he was going to loose his wife the woman he loved so much but seeing her suffer he just wanted it all to end for her to be in peace.

Sienna knew she was dying she could see it on the doctor’s faces when they came to monitor her stats, yet still she had her brave face not wanting to let it out she wanted to be strong for herself, Mikey had remained at Sienna’s side the whole time along with his family and Sienna’s father.

Sienna didnt know how to say goodbye with out saying goodbye, she wanted to be remembered not just a fading memory in the back of someone’s mind.
Sienna could feel her pain increasing she had refused to take her pain medication as she wanted to stay awake to spend her final moments with her loved one coherent not under the influence of medication.

As the hours turned in to day’s Sienna continued to fight not wanting to let get, she was now falling in and out of consciousness. Mikey didnt know how to handle to situation he knew he was losing his wife and there was nothing he could do to stop it, sitting beside her and holding her hand he spoke “Sienna I love you, always know I do..you are my everything and always will be”
Sienna whispered “I love you too Mikey...I always will..I’m sorry I just cant fight anymore”
Mikey had tears falling down his face “Baby you have done so well and I’m so proud of you we all are, just rest baby...close your eyes and drift and the pain will go away”
“I’m too scared”
“Don’t be scared, I’ll be here holding your hand all the way..I promise you that”
Sienna started to close her eyes “That’s my girl, just drift baby..just drift...spread your wings and fly away”
Sienna opened her eyes again and smiled, Mikey bent over and kissed his wife one last time on the lips and whispered “Just fly away...it’s ok baby just let go”

With that Sienna’s eyes closed. Sienna never regained consciousness a couple of hours later, Sienna finally let go she indeed spread her wings and flew away. Mikey was there the whole time holding her hand as he had promised her never letting go.

The doctor came in and pronounced Sienna’s time of death. Mikey was beside him self crying his heart out for the love of his life, though fully understanding his wife was now at peace.

Mikey was comforted by his family and Sienna’s father who had also lost someone they truly loved.

Finally leaving the hospital Mikey was taken back to his family home where he cried himself to sleep, he had wished he had bought his wife back with him still alive, but he didnt and that hurt him more then words could describe.