It just ain't living

Chapter 28 I'd end my days with you

The next few days were a blur for Mikey; there were so many arrangements to be made for Sienna's funeral. Mikey was being as strong as he could possibly be making decisions he had decided that at the funeral he wanted it to be a celebration of Sienna's life. One idea was a photo slide show showing Sienna in happy and fun times with music in the background.

Other then that Mikey was tired not really knowing what else to do, he was hurting more then he had ever experienced before in his life, every time he would close his eyes he could see her beautiful face with the gorgeous smile that she had, he wanted one last touch to be able to hold her in his arms one last time. Sienna's father had been coping well he knew that his daughter was in a better place, no longer in pain but at peace.

Phillip and Mikey had been talking about Sienna what she had been like as a child just reminiscing over the past as these were now the only memories they would have of her. Phillip had been proud of his daughter telling Mikey about her "I know Michael I have lost my daughter but I am proud though I have gained a son" "Thank you Phillip that means a lot to me" Mikey replied with a slight smile

Before leaving Phillip handed Mikey an envelope and asked for him to read it when he was by him self. He was finally by himself as his family had gone to the church where Sienna would have her final time on earth before everyone said good bye to her and she was laid to rest.

Sitting on the sofa, Mikey picked up a photo of he and Sienna sitting on the grass in his backyard full of smiles and deeply in love, tears fell from his eyes he wanted to have that happiness back so much, he didn't know how he was going to cope with out her as he continued to think he knew that life with out her was going to be hard, but he wouldn't take the easy way Sienna wouldn't have wanted that, she wanted Mikey to succeed and have an enjoyable life.

Mikey looked down at the envelop and saw that it was addressed to him and in Sienna's writing, he tore the envelope open which revealed a letter

Dear Mikey,
If you're reading this it means well I'm no longer here, I asked my father shortly before we were married to give this you once I had passed. I look at this and think that it will be hard to write but it's not, I have appreciated the life I had and to have had you in my life was one of the most truly rewarding things ever.

I love you Mikey more then you will ever know , The time we had together was wonderful and though I wish we had more or we had meet earlier we didn't , but just being a part of your life was everything I could have ever asked for.

I know this will be hard for you and I only wish I was there to sooth the pain, but know I'll always watch over you. I love you Mikey. I hope you prosper your life and musically. To open your heart to the world. And enjoy your life to the fullest.

I hope you find comfort one day, Know that I enjoyed everyone moment we had together and I cherished it so much, you were much more then my lover you were my best friend, my companion my everything. Well it’s time for me to end it here (My hand is sore from writing hehehe) I love you always!!!
All my Love
Sienna xxxx


After reading the letter Mikey had a smile on his face, he thought it was so thoughtful that Sienna had thought of him and was trying to encourage him even though she was no longer around. But it also made him miss her even more, the want for her was unbearable.

Mikey wasnt ready for the next day when he would say his final goodbye to Sienna when she would be laid to rest for eternity. But it would happen and though it wouldn’t be any closure for him, he hoped that Sienna was watching and enjoyed how they were going to celebrate her life.

Gerard had walked in to the lounge room where Mikey was staring in to space
“Hey bro...How are you doing...Are you ready for tomorrow?”
Mikey looked up at his brother blankly “I’m not ready but I’m gonna do this for her..that’s it just her”
“I know Mikey there aren’t any words that will take the pain away..But you will heal”
“I cant I think every time I close my eyes I’m going to forget her”
“Dude you will never forget her, you just have to be open to heal..She would have wanted that for you and you know it”
“Yeh I know...right now though I just wanna get through tomorrow...That’s gonna be hard enough

Mikey and his brother continued to talk until it was late and Mikey decided to get ready for tomorrow as that in it’s self would be a big day.