It just ain't living

Chapter 2 Let me break this awkward silence

After waiting for Mikey for a few minutes, Mikey walked over and tapped Sienna on the shoulder which made her jump “Oh Shit you scared me.”
“Sorry” Mikey said blushing
“Are you ready...I know there is a starbucks around the corner, I love there coffee"
“Me too” Mikey said agreeing

Sienna and Mikey walked around the corner without speaking to each other both to scared to say the first word, Sienna wasnt nervous if anything she was anxious to her she thought of Mikey as a rockstar she didnt know if he was a prima-donna and she didnt know how this was going to turn out.

Mikey on the other hand was excited that Sienna had agreed to go on a date with him, it had been a while since he had last been with a girl on a date and he didnt want to ruin it.

Sitting down beside each other Mikey couldn’t help but stare in to Sienna’s eyes “You have beautiful eyes” he whispered
Sienna didnt know what to say she didnt want to lead him on “Thanks...So um where are you from?”
“Belleville in New Jersey.”
“No way me too.”
“Wow that’s where I live with my brother when we aren’t on tour.”
“What a small world.” Sienna said smiling

After talking some more both found out they attended the same high school Belleville High though Sienna had graduated in 2002 and Mikey in 1999.

Sienna couldn’t believe how easy and comfortable it was to talk to Mikey, After talking for what seem like ages Sienna glanced at her watch which showed that she needed to leave, not that she wanted to more the fact she had to as she needed to get back to New Jersey.

“Mikey this has been lots of fun...but I need to go cause I gotta go and catch my train back to NJ.”
Mikey looked at her disappointed but understood he didnt know what to say, he wanted to see her again but how could he ask he wasnt sure if he had the guts to. “Um...Sienna...”
“Yes Mikey?” Sienna replied
“Um I was wondering if I could see you again?”Mikey said speaking very quickly
Sienna looked up at Mikey and just studied him for a minute her thoughts were racing you cant go out with a rockstar...are you STUPID???? Sienna ignored what she was thinking and went with her heart.
“Mikey that would be great I’d love to see you again.”
“Wow...I didnt think you would say yes” Mikey said dumbfounded “What do we do from here?”
“Well I guess we could exchange numbers and plan to see each other again?” Sienna replied she was now having doubts WHAT have I gotten my self in to
“Cool well here’s mine” Mikey said handing Sienna a piece of paper with his cell number
“Ok...well hang on a sec” Sienna said while fumbling in her bag for a pen and piece of paper, all she could find was a receipt she had when she had bought underwear, writing her number on it she handed Mikey the piece of paper.
“Thanks Sienna”
“That’s cool...well I gotta go or I’ll miss my train, so yeh”
“Same...I’ll talk to you soon” Mikey replied

And with that Sienna walked off to go and catch her train.
The first thing Mikey did was call his brother to find out where everyone was “Hey Gee”
“Mikes how’d it go?” Gerard replied
“I think it went ok...she wants to see me again and we exchanged numbers” Mikey whispered in to the speaker phone
“That’s great bro”
“SO where are you?”
“We are back in NJ...Frank said you were going to be a while”
“That’s just great...how am I going to get there?” Mikey said getting pissed off
“Oh shit ...didnt think of that” Gerard replied
Mikey hung up he was pissed and stuck in New York he didnt know what to do so he called Sienna maybe they could catch a train or something or a cab.
“Hello Sienna speaking”
“Hey Sienna it’s Mikey”
“Wow that was fast in you calling me?...Did you miss me that much”Sienna replied cattily
“Haha...I was wondering if I could come home with you?”
“Woah Mikey...that’s a bit open isn’t it?” Sienna replied
Mikey had realised what he had said stupid stupid stupid he thought “No what I mean is the guys have left me in New York and they are back in NJ, I was wondering if I could be your travel buddy”
“Oh...um sure I’m at the train station...where are you...I can meet you at Reprise if you want in bout 10"
“That would be awesome...that’s where I am”
“Ok see you shortly” Sienna said as she hung up

Sienna hurriedly walked to where Mikey was, she hadn’t expected for him to call straight away but she was happy he seemed like such a sweet guy and she was glad that he wanted to get to know her.
Finally getting to Reprise, Sienna saw Mikey sitting on a park bench playing with his sidekick

“Hey Mikey” Sienna said politely
“Thank you soo much for coming”
“That’s cool...I was thinking we may as well like catch a cab or something...saves having to walk back to the train station”
“Awesome”
“So they just left you?...that’s a bit mean isn’t it?”
“It would have been Frank who thought of it...he’s like that trying to be funny when it’s not”mikey said in a pissed mood
“oh...that’s not nice”

Sienna called a cab and they only had to wait a few short moments before it arrived, after the hr drive as the cab got stuck in traffic they had arrived in Belleville New Jersey outside Sienna’s house.

Sienna got out of the cab and paid her fare, Mikey also got out and paid his - during the long cab ride Sienna and Mikey hadn’t shut up it was like that had so much in common and were learning new facts about each other like Sienna learnt from Mikey that he had laser surgery in ‘06 to correct his eye sight problem, he loved sushi and coffee ‘mocha latte’ to be exact, where as Mikey had learnt that Sienna had grown up in NJ her whole life, that while in college she had studied journalism but never finished as she wanted to pursue other dreams, her favourite food was pizza, and she also loved her coffee, and she lived with her father who was a Pastor.

Walking Sienna to her front door, Sienna fumbled to find her keys once locating them in her bag she pulled them out and looked Mikey straight in the face “I...um really had a wonderful time with you” she replied smiling
“Me too...I hope we can do it again”
“Definitely” Sienna stood there as she saw Mikey move closer to her, he tilted his head towards hers and stepped in closer where he could feel her breathing against his skin, moving her head closer there lips were only an inch apart, Mikey used his hand and brushed it down the side of her cheek, there lips impacted with one another and with a soft kiss they parted lips.
“I promise to call you later” Mikey whispered into her ear and with that he turned away and walked off.

Sienna stood on her front porch for a moment trying to take everything it her smile was beaming from side to side, finally getting in side she slumped on the sofa and sat there just thinking.