It just ain't living

Chapter 29 The ending of your life

Waking up today Mikey knew that today was the end, Sienna was being laid to rest, Today was the day that Mikey along with everyone else would say there final goodbye’s

Getting up Mikey looked over at Sienna’s clothes that he hadn’t moved, there were too many memories, he wished that he had her beside him in bed where he could hold her. There was so many things that he wanted to do that he was never able to, words he wanted to say but couldn’t. It was all becoming to much, he started to wonder how long his pain would last he wasnt sure he would be able to cope, Sienna had faith in him and felt that he would succeed.

Getting dressed Mikey put on some pants with a black shirt and jacket, placing his sunglasses over his eyes he hoped to be left alone, mourning was hard enough and today was not only going to be a celebration of Sienna’s life but it would be a constant reminder for mikey that his wife was indeed dead, he was now a single man, a widower.

Everyone was ready and piled in to a few cars were they drove to the church, Mikey was stunned that when he got there that there were so many fans outside there to support him. Getting out of the car Mikey was held up by his brother and mother while his father walked with Sienna’s, Getting in to the church Mikey saw a big screen which he knew would show the slide show of Sienna’s life, Mikey wasnt going to do a eulogy as he felt that he wasnt able to put word to paper, instead it was going to be Frank and Sienna’s friend Jenn, along with her father who would summarise her life.

MIkey sitting in the front row took off his glasses to expose his swollen red eyes, sitting beside him was Sienna’s father and on the other side was Mikey’s mum who was holding his hand for support.
Mikey could see Sienna’s coffin in front of him, a closed casket with a reef of roses on top of it and a big picture of Sienna beside it.

Soft music began to play which Mikey knew that the procession was about to start, he looked on while the priest spoke “We are here to celebrate the life of Sienna, such a beautiful young soul” The priest continued with readings from the bible, after some time Frank was called up to give his speech.

“Sienna was a beautiful person in the short time that I knew her, always loving understand and never judgmental, In fact she could put up with my craziness. Sienna was the type of person that you had to have as a friend or for Mikey he fell in love, To the fellow eye there love was undeniable. Sienna is at peace no longer ill from the cancer that ravaged her body. She will be sadly missed by all. My deepest sympathy goes to Mikey family, Sienna may you now rest in peace.” After finishing his short speech Frank sat down.

The priest got up again and started to speak “As this is a celebration of Sienna’s life Sienna’s family have made a tribute to her”
The screen was turned on and music was played (goodbye my lover - James blunt) there were many wonderful photo’s of Sienna, firstly as a child then showing her as a teenager and going in to adulthood with the last being with family and friends and Mikey, with the last photo being of when Sienna and Mikey got married in the same church.

After the slide show had finished Sienna’s friend Jenn got up “I have known Sienna for such a long time and it is so sad to me that she has passed away, I can always remember Sienna as a quiet person but yet oh so beautiful, she had a zest for life and would succeed at everything she done. Sienna may you now rest in peace I will never forget you and the friendship we had, I will cherish it for eternity”

Sienna’s father got up but was unable to talk over come with tears, The priest spoke instead “Sienna was a beautiful woman, who celebrated her life to the fullest, one thing Sienna asked was for no sympathy and she wouldn’t want that today, she would be asking you to celebrate her life. One of Sienna’s favourite passages from the bible was this
Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Please celebrate Sienna’s memory as she would have wanted you to”

More soft music was played, Mikey knew it was the end...he had thought the ceremony was so moving and that so many people love Sienna just as much as he did, when it was time for Sienna’s coffin to be taken to the hearse the six people were Mikey and Phillip at the front, Gerard, Ray, Bob and Don at the back who carried it to the hearse.

Once the coffin was placed in the car, many people came up to Mikey and hugged him and offered there deepest sympathy, Mikey realised he still had the hard bit which was his final good bye to Sienna.

Following in a long precession of cars, everyone finally made it to the cometary, Sienna was too be buried next to her mother, the weather was just beautiful blue skies everywhere and the sun shining.

Mikey could feel the hot tears falling down his face again, this time the swollen eyes had been replaced with the black sunglasses.
As the coffin was being lowered music once again was played (Learn to Fly - Shannon Noll) and flowers were thrown on top.
Mikey walked up and said his final good bye kneeling besides where Sienna was to be buried.

After Sienna had been laid to rest, Mikey was driven back to Phillip’s where a celebration of Sienna was too be held.

(This is the lyrics to the song that Sienna was laid to rest with Learn to Fly)

When you feel the dream is over,
Feel the world is on your shoulders,
and you've lost the strength to carry on.
Even though the walls may crumble,
And you find you always stumble through,
Remember never to surrender to the dark.
Cos if you turn another page,
You will see that's not the way, The story has to end.

[CHORUS:]
If you need to find a way back,
Feel you're on the wrong track,
Give it time, Learn to fly,
Tomorrow is a new day,
You will find you're own way,
You'll be stronger with each day that you cry,
Then you'll learn to fly.
In you're head so many questions,
The truth is your possession,
The answer lies within your heart.
You will see the doors are open,
If you only dare to hope and you,
Will find the way to fight the fears that kept you down.
Cos if you turn another page,
You will see that's not the way,
The story has to end.

[CHORUS]

Looking at your situation,
There's so much that you can do,
Now's the time to make your stand.
This is just an observation,
In the end it's up to you,
The future's in your hands.
CHORUS.