It just ain't living

Chapter 3 Things are better if I stay

Sienna was disturbed from her dreamless thoughts by her father who had walked in “Sienna are you home?” he called
“Yeh Daddy I’m in here.” Sienna yelled back
Sienna’s father walked in looking at Sienna who was still slumped on the sofa but now watching TV
“How was work...you had an interview how did that go?”
“Daddy it was wonderful.” Sienna said with her face beaming with a smile “I interviewed the band My Chemical Romance and they remembered me and then I kind of went on a date with one of them...Mikey Way and daddy he was so nice.”

Sienna’s father didnt know what to say since he had lost his wife and almost lost his only child when she had cancer he had become so protective of her, the last thing he wanted was for his daughter to get hurt and by a rockstar at it. If anything for his daughter he wanted her grow and to spread her wings she had been given a second chance at life... not to fall in love with a musician.

“Sienna I cant accept that...I-I-I forbid you to see him.” her father stammered to say
Sienna arched her back and got up from where she was sitting “WHAT...Daddy don’t say that...you haven’t even met him, he’s wonderful, sweet and sincere.”
“I don’t care Sienna...God gave you a second chance at life and you should treat it with respect...going out with a rock star is not ACCEPTABLE!” Sienna’s father roared

Sienna was now getting angry she was 23 and didnt want to be treated like a child she had always been a good child and never miss behaved “WHAT ABOUT GOD??” Sienna yelled back “If he cared for me I would never have gotten cancer in the first place and he wouldn’t have taken momma away from us.”
“Sienna don’t you dare use god’s name in vain...while you live under this roof you will follow my rules and that’s it.”

By now tears where falling from Sienna’s face, she had never seen her father act like this before and she didnt like it, grabbing her bag, jacket and car keys she stormed out the front door and slammed it close.

Getting in to the car she sat there to regain her composure. She didnt know what to do she actually liked Mikey and wanted to get to know him better right now she was angry with her father but where to go was a different story.

Grabbing her cell phone she looked through her numbers...she had many friends from church but at this stage she knew she didnt want to be with them and then she came across Mikey’s and hit dial
As the phone rang she waited for him to pick up finally she heard that sweet voice “Hello”

“Hi Mikey its Sienna.”
Mikey was surprised to hear Sienna’s voice but excited at the same time “hey how ya doing?”
“I could be better...I just had a fight with my dad...I was wondering if you wanted to hang out if your not busy”. Sienna asked hoping he would be free
“Yeh I’d love too...do you want to meet me somewhere or you can come over to my parents house.” Mikey replied
“Um...well I’m in my car so yeh I can drive over to your place...if you want?”
“Yeh ok...come straight over and we can do something...don’t worry my parents aren’t home...they have gone out it’s just me and Gerard”
“Alright I’ll see you soon..oh where do you live?”

Mikey gave Sienna directions to his house, she realised he only lived 10minutes away by car, once pulling up outside his house, she got out of the car and walked up the footpath to the front door where she rang the door bell, she could hear footsteps running to the door and then slowing down.

As Mikey opened the door he started to get excited, seeing Sienna stand in front of him was intoxicating
“I made it” she squealed
“Yeh I can see”Mikey replied laughing
Mikey gestured for Sienna to come in, she followed him down a small hallway which led in to a lounge room where she saw Gerard sitting on the sofa drawing in what looked like a sketch book.
“Hi Gerard, How are you? Sienna said politely
“Good thanks Sienna” Gerard said looking up and then returning to his work
Sienna followed Mikey into the kitchen “So um...what did you wanna do?”
“Just hang out if that’s ok...I’m not really in the mood to go anywhere are you?”
“Nah staying in sounds good, Did you wanna go up to my room where we can be private”
“As long as you promise not to take advantage Mr Way?” Sienna said with a giggle
Sienna followed Mikey down a short hallway which led to Mikey’s room, she looked around and saw that it looked normal there were a couple of poster’s but she also saw that it wasnt lived in much.

“So Sienna what happened if you don’t mind me asking?”
Sienna sat on his bed crossed legged and started to speak “it’s ok...it was my dad...I told him about you and he forbade me to see you...he doesn’t want me to go out with a rockstar”
“Wow that’s tough...but aren’t you old enough to make your own decisions?” Mikey asked
“Well that’s what I thought...I guess my dad is just protective I don’t know cause he has never acted like that before”
“Are you going to do as he say’s?” Mikey asked questioningly
“Does it look like it?...no I want to keep on seeing you if you want to keep on seeing me”
“I do” Mikey whispered, with that he grabbed Sienna’s head and moved it closer towards him “I like you Sienna and I want to know more about you” Sienna looked into his brown eyes and moved her lips closer to his where the lingered for a moment before Mikey moved so there lips were now entwined, Sienna could feel the passion and she had never felt this feeling before.

Softly pulling apart they continued to stare at each other both trying to work out what the other was thinking,
“That was real nice” Sienna whispered
“I liked it too” Mikey replied “So was there anything else your father said?”
“Well he said that god had giving me a 2nd chance at life, but I yelled if it did why did it take my mother away and I think I hurt his feelings but I was angry he hadn’t met you and was already judging you”
“What did he mean about god giving you a 2nd chance at life?”

“I’ll start from the start, when I was about 13 I lost my mother in a car accident...she was driving home one day when there was a lunatic on the road he smashed up the back of my mother’s car and hence she lost control and the car smashed in to a tree it was a total wreck, she died instantly”

“Sienna I’m sorry to hear...” Sienna cut Mikey off “It’s ok and then you remember when we 1st met or should I say I 1st interviewed you” Mikey nodded “Well shortly after that I was diagnosed with cancer, the doctor didnt think I’d make it but I did I made a full recovery and I have now been in remission for 3 years, it gave me a new lease on life as I had nearly lost my own...I became a better person and started to do more things...I’m not saying I’m perfect coz I’m not but I’m just trying to be a better person ya know?”

Mikey didnt know what to say after what he had heard he was in shock but didnt want to show it “Wow Sienna that’s awesome”

Sienna stayed for a few hours and till after she had cooled down - during that time she got to know more about Mikey and vice versa, from what she was hearing she was starting to like him more, arriving home Sienna went in the back way and crept to her room...the last person at the moment she wanted to see was her father she thought the morning would be a better time.