I Won't See You Tonight

Bipolor much?

Breaking the news to Val was harder than I imagined it would be.

She had been so excited to go shopping.

"Val.." I said slowly as class was nearing its end.

I admit, I procrastinated.

"Yesss?" She smiled over to me. I slumped down a bit.

"I...uh..."

"Is everything okay?"

"Well, I totally forgot that I need a job before I can start spending money. I'm going to have to cancel our shopping trip. I just need that money for other things."

"Oh, well, that's fine." She smiled once again, making me feel about a ton better.

"Really?"

"Yeah, what'd you think I'd be mad or somethin?"

"You just seemed so happy to go shopping."

"Well, I love to hang with my girls, and shopping is one of the most fun ways to do it. I was mostly excited to be hanging out with you."

"Really?" If I sounded shocked, it's because I was.

"Yeah, I haven't got the chance to get to know you yet, and I really want to. You seem like such a wonderful person, Emelyne, and I can't wait to be a part of that."

"Can I hug you?"

"Yeah." Val laughed and outstretched her arms.

The hugger side of me totally won over. It was a cute moment, and I wanted a hug, as lame as that sounds.

"So, maybe we could do something else this weekend. Just us girls, so that we can get to know you better?" She suggested.

"I would love that."

"Well, how about a slumber party?"

"Sure."

"We could do movies, junk-food session, and just chat it up. It'll be so much fun." She said as the bell rang. We grabbed our books and headed for our lockers.

At the lunch table the guys were buzzing with their own plans.

I took my seat in between Zacky and Jimmy.

"What's goin' on?" I asked Zacky, who smiled at me when I sat down.

"A party after school tomorrow. You should go."

"I already made plans with Val, remember?"

"You could still do both." It seemed like he was almost pleading with me to go.

"I'll talk to Val." I looked over at Jimmy. He was being quiet , and so un-jimmylike.

"You okay, Jimbo?" I asked with a small smile.

"I don't want you to pay. It's not right. You're already letting me stay with you."

"What if I let you pay me back? Think of it as a loan."

"I think I could do that." He began to smile.

"Good, cause that's your only option. You don't have to pay me back at all, I'm still paying no matter what you say."

"Paying for what?" Johnny asked as he sat next to Jimmy.

Jimmy looked a bit scared.

"Dinner. Jimmy is taking me out, and I refuse to let him pay." I smiled.

"You and Jimmy? I thought..." Johnny's voice trailed off as he looked to my left.

"Never mind, how'd all this happen?"

"We're friends, short-shit. I can take out my friends." Jimmy said.

"You never take me out." Johnny pouted.

"I never said you were my friend." Jimmy smirked.

"Oh, that hurts." Johnny replied. I simply laughed and looked back over to Zacky.

Now he looked down.

"Cheer up, Zacky. Why do you look so sad?" I asked, hyper once more.

He looked at me. His eyes looked so hurt.

"Zack-" He got up and walked away.

"What's his deal?" Brian, who was sitting on the other side of Zacky, asked.

"I have no idea." I said. Brian just shrugged and turned back to Michelle. I just looked back down at my food.

What in the hell was his problem? He was fine one minute, then he just looks so depressed and walks away. I don't get it.

I stayed quiet for the rest of lunch.

Zacky didn't show up at all for lunch. I didn't have him next hour, but I did the next.

When I seen him, he had some explaining to do.

But when I walked into my English class, the same one Zacky is in, he wasn't there either.

I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

I admit, I was worried. He was not only the guy I had a big crush on, but he had become my best friend. Something was wrong with him, and he disappeared. I didn't know what to think.

"He probably just skipped, and went home. I don't know what's bothering him but Zacky never stays mad or upset. Whatever it is, he'll be over it by tomorrow." Jimmy said when I stressed my concerns on our way home.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Cause, I know Zack. He'll be fine." That just reminded me of how little I knew these guys. I had only arrived a few days ago, but I already felt so close to certain people.

"I hope so." I said as I stared out of the window.

Jimmy turned on our street.

"Oh shit..." Jimmy said as he looked over at me.

"What?" I said as I looked around the area.

And I seen them.

Zacky and Gena were making out in front of his house.

There was nothing I could say, no words would come out.

Only tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Folks, I'm back in business! =]]
What better way to honor Rev than to keep his memory alive?
I'll TRY to keep updates consistent but I'm not sure how well that will go.
But you guys deserve updates, so I will try my damnedest to give you exactly that.

RIP James "Jimmy" Owen "The Rev" Sullivan