I Won't See You Tonight

I'm just having a major 'FML' day.

I literally ran to my front door when Jimmy parked the car.

"Emelyne!" Jimmy called after me, following quickly behind me.

I ran up the stairs and to my room. I sat on the bed and put my face in my hands.

"Emma, are you okay?" Jimmy said as he walked in the room. He was a bit out of breath.

"I knew it! I knew he wasn't over her. I knew I would only be a rebound. He never cared at all!" I whined.

"Oh, Emelyne." Jimmy sat next to me and put his arms around me.

We sat there for a while. I cried, he held me.

"Now you are definitely going to the party tomorrow. You need a good time."

"I already have plans." I said, red-faced and sniffling.

"Val will understand." He said after I told him what said plans were. "You guys can always do that Saturday night."

"I guess." I said as I finally released myself from Jimmy's hold. I walked to the bathroom to check the damage on my make-up.

"Ew!" I yelled out. I grabbed some TP and wiped at my face, causing more tears. Jimmy showed up and leaned against the door frame.

"You really like him that much?"

"Obviously." I snapped, then sighed. "I really wish I didn't. I hardly know the guy, but it seems like I've known him forever. I just got this feeling every time that I was around him, it was like everything was right. I didn't have to worry about a thing. I could trust him, I was safe with him. I didn't have to think about anything." I ranted.

I gave up cleaning up my face, since the tears were obviously not finished.

I turned to Jimmy, "I don't know what to do now. He was like, my best friend."

Jimmy apparently didn't know what to say, so he pulled me into another hug.

"It'll be okay. You'll get through this."

"But it hurts." I cried into his chest.

"They wouldn't call it a crush if it didn't."

"I hate this. Now everything is going to be all weird around him."

"It doesn't have to be. Just try and ignore him."

"I don't know if I can." I admitted.

"You just have to try your best. Now cheer up, we have a lot to do today."

"Right, your dealer."

"And I have band practice."

"Yeah...I'm not going to go to that."

"That's fine," Jimmy laughed, "there will other times that you can hear my amazing drumming skills." I laughed and pushed him away.

"What time is your practice?"

"Six. Dealer is at five."

"Right. well, it's close to four. Where are we meeting them?"

"We? No, I don't think so. You are not going to be dragged into this."

"I already kinda am."

"But he doesn't know that! I don't want him trying to get to me through you."

"But I have to make sure-"

"I will be fine." Jimmy assured.

"I'm going with you, Jimmy."

"You are stubborn as hell aren't you?"

"And I'm going. Where are we meeting them?" I asked.

"The laundromat where I work at, it's the usual spot. Is there some way we can come to a middle point?"

"Like what?"

"Stay in the car. Let me go in alone." He said after a moment of thinking.

"I don't know..."

"I don't want you to be involved in this any more than you have to be. Please. It's already killing me that I'm letting you pay..just let me do this alone."

"I can trust you? I can trust you to end this with your dealer?"

"Yes."

"Fine. But that means we are making that doctor appointment for tomorrow." I stated. Jimmy looked a bit stunned, and scared.

"Tomorrow is Friday..."

"And?"

"That's the party. I don't want to be detoxing during the party. Please let me have the party."

"Jimmy, it's not a matter of if I will let you go. I'm not stopping you from doing anything. I just want to help you."

"I know that. That's why I'm listening to you, I want to let you help me. I want to be rid of this addiction.. I just can't yet."

"So what are you saying?"

"Monday. Let me start the detox on Monday."

"And I can hold you to your word on that?"

"Yes."

"Fine, deal."

The laundromat was old, and seemed kind of dirty. It was odd that people went here to get things cleaned.

I watched all of the people walking in. There were too many there to figure out who was Jimmy's dealer. Apparently today was half of Huntington's laundry day. Plus, the one big window the place had, was tinted to help the laundromat's customers escape the hot California sun.

I sighed and sank into my seat. I didn't like this at all. I wanted to be in there to help Jimmy, in case his dealer pressured him into doing more. But I had to trust him. I just didn't understand why I wan't allowed to know who this guy is!

"This is so frustrating!!" I yelled out.

I hadn't seen anybody around, which is why I thought it okay to yell. However, a boy, that I recognized from school, stopped and stared at me for a moment before laughing.

"Can you not do laundry or something?" He asked as he walked closer to the car.

He was gorgeous, to say the least. His shaggy black hair had red spread randomly throughout. His hazel eyes looked filled with happiness. he gave out an aura of such a fun-loving good guy.

"Oh, uh, hi. No, I'm waiting for somebody and they are taking their precious time."

"Well these things can take a while." He laughed glancing down at the laundry basket in his hands.

"Yeah, I know." Oh how right he was, about the wrong thing.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just having a major FML moment, well, day."

"That's too bad. A pretty girl like you should be enjoying life without a care in the world."

All I could do in response was blush.

"So, you're new here, aren't you?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Aren't you in my study hall?"

I nodded, "And english."

"Yeah, you're names Emelyne, right?"

"Yeah, and you're Hector." I blushed.

"Yeah.That's me." he said, and a few moments of silence later, "It was really nice actually talking to you, but I have to get this taken care of. I'll see you tomorrow at school."

"Okay." I said with a small wave as he disappeared into the laundromat.

Jimmy returned to the car not too long after. He looked the exact opposite as I had hoped he would. I was hoping he would feel so relieved, a bit happier. Instead he looked like he carried the weight of the world, like he had just been passed a big burden.

"What's wrong, Jimms?"

"I don't really wanna talk about it." He said as he drove out of the parking lot.

"I'll be late for practice if take you back home, so do you think you could handle going?"

"Are Val and Michelle going?"

"I'm not sure, Val usually does."

"Then fine." The last thing I wanted to do was to see Zacky.

"I'm sorry. But you are going to have to see him again sooner or later. You might as well get it over with."

"Probably." I sighed as I sank further down into my seat and and stared out of the window.

I just hoped he would't be cruel enough to take Gena with him.