I Won't See You Tonight

Band/Personal

I woke up late and rushed to get ready. Zacky didn't mention a time he would be by, so I was frantically looking out of the window to see if he had shown up yet. I was beginning to think he wasn't gonna show when he knocked on my door at seven forty-five. I met him at the door, while still brushing my teeth. I nodded toward the inside and he took the hint. Zacky sat down in my living room and waited patiently as I finished getting ready.

We headed out of the door only a few minutes later.

"So I guess I can be forgiven for being late, since you were as well?" Zacky said with a smile, a few blocks down the road.

"You weren't late,"I shook my head,"You didn't say what time you'd be there. You can't be late if there is no time limit."

"I guess that's true, but still, sorry."

"It's fine, Zacky. I was much later than you."

"Yeah, but that's okay, Emelyne. I'm always late for everything."

"Seriously, it's fine." I found it amusing how he was the one apologizing.

"We should still make it to first period in time." Zacky announced a couple minutes later.

"That's good, I guess. I wouldn't want to be late for Phys. Ed."

"First period?"

"Yeah."

"Oh that blows, I have it right after lunch with Johnny." Well that explains why they aren't in history with the rest of us.

History....Yesterday...

I really hope they don't think I'm completely weird now.

"After lunch? That's pretty sucky too."

"Yeah, but at least I'm awake by then."

"Yeah, and full. I would so puke."

"I just have a lot of energy."

"As much as Jimmy?" I asked, remembering yesterday.

"No, definitely not as much as him. Rev is one crazy....He's just something else all together."

"Rev?"

"The others didn't tell you?"

"About what?"

"We're a band. Me, Johnny, Brian, Matt, and Jimmy."

"Oh, and that explains the nickname?"

"It's a stage name. We all have 'em."

"What's yours?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Zacky Vengeance." He said with a sinister grin.

"Vengeance? Sounds kind of evil."

"I just don't like a lot of people. Well, they don't like me. And I hope we get to the big time to show them that I really made something with myself. Even if it is just a 'silly' band."

"I don't think it's silly. I think it's pretty cool." I said as we arrived at school.

Everyone was still hanging around the lawn.

"See, we aren't late." I smiled at Zacky. We quickly joined the others. I admit, I was nervous.
Were they going to treat me different? I mean, who cries in the middle of class, for no apparent reason, and doesn't even realize they're doing it?

But as we walked up, no one said anything, except hey. They continued on to their previous conversation, seeming very relaxed.

"Hey, Em." Matt said as he sat next to me on the bench.

"Hey, Matt." I smiled back.

"Getting adjusted?"

"I guess."

"So, tell me, what's life like in Alaska?"

"Basically the opposite of here," I laughed, "but there are a lot of similarities."

"Like?"

"Well, there are people, plants, trees, green grass, blue skies."

"Ah, I see, very similar."

"But really, it's not too different, besides the weather."

"Is that a good thing?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"Did you have a lot of friends there?"

"A few. I was born and raised there."

"I bet you miss them, I couldn't ever imagine leaving these guys." He said, gesturing to our group.

"Yeah, but I had to leave."

"Why is that? I totally forgot to ask, why did you move here?" He asked and the bell rang.

"Uh, tell you later I guess. See you third period!" I said as I walked away, toward the gym, thanking my lucky stars.

I didn't like lying, but I knew that was what I would have to do. There was no way I could tell them what really happened. I don't know them wel wnough yet, its too personal, and disturbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get out!!! Hopefully part six will also be out today as well, as a "I'm sorry" gesture.